27 Jan APAT Announce Details of 2016 World Championship
The Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT) in partnership with Coral Poker, are proud to announce details of the 2016 World Championship of Amateur Poker (WCOAP).
The eighth edition of the WCOAP will take place at Aspers Casino in Stratford, London, between March 19th and 28th (Easter Monday) and offer 22 bracelet events across a multitude of poker disciplines.
With buy ins ranging between £55 and £220, the WCOAP can best be described as a mini World Series of Poker for recreational players. It consistently draws players from across the world thanks to a unique mix of highly competitive, but friendly, competition.
In 2015, Welshman Daniel Lewis outlasted a field of 397 players in the main event to take the title of World Amateur Poker Champion, a first prize of £8,500 and a trip to the WSOP in Las Vegas.
Highlights of the 2016 festival include:
* The largest WCOAP ever with 22 bracelet events over ten days.
* New, exclusively commissioned main event Gold bracelet.
* Day 1 of the festival will host the inaugural 8 Game Players Championship, played over two days.
* Italy will return to defend their World Amateur Team Championship title.
* Multi table streaming will be available for several events.
* Each event will count towards APAT’s All*Stars international amateur ranking system.
* The best individual player over the festival will win a WCOAP Passport for 2017.
* The World Amateur Poker Champion (winner of the Main Event) will win an added trip to Las Vegas in June 2016
WCOAP Satellites will commence with APAT/Coral on Thursday 28th January and run every Thursday and Sunday evening leading up to Day 1.
The WCOAP Online will be played in the week following the WCOAP on APAT/Coral and feature a selection of side events in addition to the Main Event.