Author Topic: nyerun  (Read 5878 times)

nyerun

• Silver Member
nyerun
« on: March 23, 2010, 14:16:06 PM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?
Aneurin Venables

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Im from Wrexham, but currently in Aberystwyth University studying Mathematics

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

I"m 21, in Uni as said before, love watching my sports, and have a big passion for the finest football team ever to grace this planet, Wrexham!

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

Started playing in the Nuts Poker League in January 2008 just as something to do in an evening in one of the local pubs, then over the summer of 2008 played a little online before arriving at uni, where Aberystwyth has one of the biggest poker societies in the UK, so after arriving here i was never short of a game

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

It depends completely on what the tournament is, for instance in APAT events i consider myself quite a tight player, who hates the flat call pre flop. However in our society games, which are generally £5 with 1 rebuy, its either get to 300 or lose it all with the first stack, which in turn gives me a very loose image for the freezeout part, where i can play tight and still get calls.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?

Hard one this, I love how Tony G has his particular table image, people who have played on the same table know i like to keep the table talking like he does, but i"d love to get his table image for what his range of hands are.
Other than that, Andy Black runs so deep so often (which i seem to do but not far enough for cash!!!), id love to do this!

Out of APAT players, so many great players, but with their consistency of running deep, John Murray and Andrew Duncan have to be up there, alongside others like Brian yates and even Steve Redfern ;D ;D ;D ;D

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?

Betfair of course- nyerunwxm

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

Not really that many to mention so far, silver in the online national league with Team Manchester, and being in the top 4 from week 2 onwards was good, 19th in UKSPC 2009, where 1st got an added wsop seat from £33, and i decided to play for that rather than 5th, 6th etc., online a couple of $200+ cashes, but generally playing at a lower level. Oh and of course bubbling in Bolton
Also i was elected as President of Aberystwyth Poker Society for 2010-2011, after being tournament director for a year.

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

The tendancy towards deep stack turbos, would rather start shallower and have a slower clock

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?
Through Jason Jones, APAT Scotland winner 2008, he played at the same venue with "the nuts league", and told everyone about his win, which is when me and Gary Phillips got interested.

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?

The structure is great, it leads to lots of play for nearly all the first day, and for the buy in, the standard of play was a lot higher than you would expect.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

Yes, played Walsall Dublin Bolton Luton last season, and Swansea this season, my most memorable event though would have to be Bolton. Sat with Mark redshaw and Leigh Wiltshire both to my left, had some great banter during the first half of day 1 and almost forgot there was a poker tournament going on. I also bubbled the cash at Bolton, before proceeding to the cash table with Dan Phillips and raking in £250 profit from a 0.5/1 table in under 2 hours, with Dan just looking in bemusement as i got reraised with the nuts time after time.

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?

Football, the biggest thing i miss about being in Aberystwyth is not going to Wrexham games, although i do go and watch Aberystwyth when i can, i also used to coach a mini football team in my village too

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?

I did film studies as an a-level, and so have a lot of films that could go in here. At the moment though, The Lives of Others

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?
(im gonna cheat a little and say Greatest hits for each of these)
Travis
Seal
Muse

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

Let"s shuffle up, and deal!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 14:23:32 PM by nyerun »
Silver Medal- Online National League 2009 (Manchester)

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
Re: nyerun
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 14:39:30 PM »
Welcome to Apat. Have we met? ;D ;D
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 15:41:49 PM »
you will get to know him ... he says thanks when he sucks out on you from 4.1.behind  :-*
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

nyerun

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 16:47:00 PM »

you will get to know him ... he says thanks when he sucks out on you from 4.1.behind  :-*

to be fair, I was in shock, you actually had a hand, not air like luckboxes yates and redfern!! ;D ;D

nyerun

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 22:44:25 PM »
I think this needs a little updating Tonight or tomorrow

nyerun

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 00:05:24 AM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?
Aneurin Venables

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Im from Wrexham, but currently in Aberystwyth in my last year of uni doing Business Management

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

I"m 23, in Uni as said before, love watching my sports, and currently am Media Officer for Aberystwyth Town football club. I am also working on my C licence coaching badge, and have just become head coach for the Ceredigion learning disability squads, and also I coach for some youth sides for Llanilar FC.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

Started playing in the Nuts Poker League in January 2008 just as something to do in an evening in one of the local pubs, then over the summer of 2008 played a little online before arriving at uni, where Aberystwyth has one of the biggest poker societies in the UK, so after arriving here i was never short of a game, and i was playing well, running deep twice in the UKSPC

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

It depends completely on what the tournament is, for instance in APAT events i consider myself quite a tight player, who hates the flat call pre flop, although i tend to grind grind grind then ship it in badly with 1 or 2 levels left of day 1. However in our society games, which are generally £5 with 1 rebuy, its either get to 300 or lose it all with the first stack, which in turn gives me a very loose image for the freezeout part, where i can play tight and still get calls.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?
Hard one this, I love how Tony G has his particular table image, people who have played on the same table know i like to keep the table talking like he does, but i"d love to get his table image for what his range of hands are.
Other than that, Andy Black runs so deep so often (which i seem to do but not far enough for cash!!!), id love to do this!

Out of APAT players, so many great players, knowing more people now, i feel bad mentioning names as i"ll forget people, but loving lately how Antony Williams never has chips yet always has chips!

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE
Tbh I play online poker as a chore or to save boredom... much prefer live, although i tend to do well in stars;s ante up tournament

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

Wel unlike Tony Trippier I doon"t have a bronze in the stud :-(

However, silver in the online national league with Team Manchester, and being in the top 4 from week 2 onwards was good, 19th in UKSPC 2009, where 1st got an added wsop seat from £33, and i decided to play for that rather than 5th, 6th etc.,

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

The tendancy towards deep stack turbos, would rather start shallower and have a slower clock

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?

Through Jason Jones, APAT Scotland winner 2008, he played at the same venue with "the nuts league", and told everyone about his win, which is when me and Gary Phillips got interested.

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?
The structure is great, it leads to lots of play for nearly all the first day, and for the buy in, the standard of play was a lot higher than you would expect.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

Yes, played Walsall Dublin Bolton Luton season 3, and Swansea season 4, blackpool season 5 and stoke season 6 my most memorable event though would have to be Bolton. Sat with Mark redshaw and Leigh Wiltshire both to my left, had some great banter during the first half of day 1 and almost forgot there was a poker tournament going on. I also bubbled the cash at Bolton, before proceeding to the cash table with Dan Phillips and raking in £250 profit from a 0.5/1 table in under 2 hours, with Dan just looking in bemusement as i got reraised with the nuts time after time.

Also as i got selected for the Wales A team in season 6, that was amazing, and realy loved the day!

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?
Football, the biggest thing i miss about being in Aberystwyth is not going to Wrexham games, although now i work for Aber this is less of a problem, i also play pool for a good side in Aber

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?
I dont read.... and i love films..... really love lord of the rings again at the moment.

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

Calvin Harris- 18 months
Swedish House Mafia- Until Now
and something from basement jaxx

(how this has changed!!)

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?
Apologies if i run good