Author Topic: The Fossil does Vegas  (Read 330859 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: The Fossil does Vegas
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2012, 18:12:56 PM »
Vegas 2013 - OK planning meeting in the Bar Friday night in Nottingham  ;D

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2012, 22:49:49 PM »

Vegas 2013 - OK planning meeting in the Bar Friday night in Nottingham  ;D

Radar alert .... quickly scrolling through recent posts and this jumped out at me

;D
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2012, 03:49:03 AM »
Decided to play the £20 double chance at the G tonight, this seems to be the most popular tournament of the week attracting 38 runners tonight.

One of the reasons for this is, over at the Gala is their £10 rebuy and that can get a bit manic, so a few of the Gala regs pop over for a game.
My opening table is ok got 2 solid players to my right and the rest a mixture of
Social players and donators, I include myself as a social player not being disparaging to the other people there.

The first few levels are fairly sedate I manage to chip up a bit  playing in position and c betting which are getting through without much resistance, I raise utg with 9d 7d and get 1 caller in the big blind flop comes down 9h, 7h, 2h, I bet out get called and a fourth heart on the turn slows the action down, he puts a tiny bet in on the brick of a river and i pay him off,he has an 8 high flush which he had flopped mbn, he tells me he always sees a flop if he is in the big blind, no matter what size the bet, noted sir and in the memory bank.

After the break I only have 10 bigs left so looking for a spot to shove, utg min raises I have JJ, I shove, player behind reshoves and original raiser calls the all in, it"s QQ, v AK v JJ, flop comes down AKQ, some how I manage to hit a flush on the river so triple up and am now in a comfortable position.

I get to the final table and the bubble bursts so it"s my 3rd cash on the trot at the G and after a bit of luck winning a flip with K 10 v 99 I have about 70k, my last hand is a bit of cooler but I played it wrong, I should of raised pre as the villain is fairly tight and usually fairly easy to play against, I limp with J 10, to see a flop of 10, 10, 8, eventually it"s all in and he has 10 8 for the flopped boat, nh sir, was limping and betting any flop and  it probably gets through 90% of the time, still no big deal, I got lucky with the JJ earlier, swings and roundabouts.

I am up £1100 this week at the G, which has come at the right time as this will be paying for the Kitchen to get sorted, appliances arrived today, followed by work tops next week.

I managed to get a hotel sorted for next week, will be staying at Britania in the city centre, managed to get it for £43 inc breakfast which is a bargain as normally we have to get a disabled access room and this is normally around £85, so will be travelling on the Sunday morning and will not have to drive home the same day, hopefully can have a deep run down there, looking foreward to it.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2012, 03:08:25 AM »

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2012, 07:31:10 AM »
Betty has the potential to become legendary

On the cash table on Sunday she flat called on the river with the absolute nuts. Something like J9 on a Q 10 8 6 3 board.
None of the other players at the table seemed to see anything in this and it was obviously not a collusion issue, but it made me smile.

As did the thought of Dr D asking to chop £480 five ways. Did you deal before he left the room? I"m not one for deals that far out, but if it wound up da Donk I might be more easily persuaded
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2012, 02:53:24 AM »
Main event just passed me by today,ran qq into kk on a 7 high flop, might of got away with it if he had reraised my 4 bet, but he slow played them and trapped me so fair play to him.

I went back to hotel for a nap as I was totally zonked and awoke at about 7 45, tried to register for some games on Stars but wifi was no good so I went back to dtd to play the sat for the 500k.

It ended up with 36 runners and it was an absolute grind managed a double up when I had qq v 33 hit my set on the flop checked back all around 3 on the turn and the chips flew in set over set in my favour, at the end of the rebuy period average was 10k I had 20k so didn"t bother with the rebuy or add on, the rest of the game I just had to maintain a 15 to 20 big blind stack, v difficult when being dealt total rubbish, down to 10 bigs utg look at kk, blinds are 400/800, I limp for 800 button min raises I shove he calls he turns over kj, had to sweat a straight draw but they held.

Got dealt a random selection of rubbish until 33 utg, I raise it up and still get 4 callers, I hadn"t played a hand for an hour, anyway all high cards had to fold, I am now down to 10 bigs and just looking for a spot now, there are 10 seats we are down to 13 left, it folds to small blind who shoves 13 bigs I look down at A5, I call and he turns over q2, flop has 2 fives on it so get the double up to 20 bigs.

Card dead for a level blinds now 1k/2k, aa utg shove all in get called by big stack ak aces hold so now up to 40k cruise to a seat you would think, not in my world, on the bubble shortie shoves A2 called by Ak flop ak2, yes bubble has burst, nope 2 on the turn scuppers that.

Blinds are now 2k/4k I have 36k folds to me in small blind qq, big blind is the shortack so raise enough to put him all in, he calls with Ak, flop 234, turn k river 5 just to rub it in, still 11 left I have 20k, then the bubble bursts on the other table and we get the seat, happy days.

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2012, 09:36:31 AM »
Well done Brian. GL next week
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2012, 17:51:10 PM »
Well played sir!

Hopefully see you at DTD on Sunday :)
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2012, 11:40:47 AM »
As regular readers may be aware I managed to get a seat into Dtds £500k guaranteed last week and the following is an account of Day 1a.

I had originally planned to play Day 1c but after contacting David (Pokerpops) I decided to play the same day as him and we could travel down together saving extra costs like hotels and fuel as we could get back the same day, He says he is not a good passenger so offered to drive so thanks to him for that.

Starting stack is 50k with a 40min blind structure, got seated at table 27 seat 2 right under the air con and it was freezing but got to soldier on, made of strong stuff on Teesside.

I didn"t recognise any of the names at the table and it didn"t cause too many problems, except when seat 3 turned up a few hours late, more on that later.
I managed to get to 57k with a few raises and c bets here and there and generally had a decent start, had AA twice but got no callers so won blinds and antes but was happy how things were going.

Seat 3 finally arrived a few hours in and in his first managed to hit a full house on the river and get paid and get almost a double up, timing for him was perfect.

First significant loss 2 limpers to 500 I look down at KK, bump it up to 2k, seat 3 flats my raise and the 2 limpers call, flop 10 10 5, checks back to me and I also check this is a good flop for KK but seat 3 was a wild card and a 10 is definitely in his range, seat 3 calls others fold, turn card Q, ibet out half pot on the turn seat 3 min raises,  i call, river card is another q, he takes an age and he checks, I am now beaten by any 10 any Q but because I bet out on the Q turn I could turn my hand into a bluff and represent the Q but I wasn"t convinced he would lay down the lower house because of his previous plays and his general loose play, I checked and he turned over A 10, nh so lost about 20k  in that pot but because I didn"t bloat the pot on the flop I lost the minimum, was disappointed but i think I played it well, as I could of lost a lot more.

Got a few more back with AK on a k high flop with 2 diamonds on board bet every street got called on all streets, he didn"t hit his flush, I then limp yawned (apparently this is my biggest tell in the Stockton home game),ask Philtc he is aware of it but the others are oblivious), horrible flop, straightening, flushing but managed to get some chips although not a full double up.

I get a table move and have about 83k, can"t remember blind levels, get dealt KK, big stack flats and big blind makes up, flop 3, 8, 10, again looks a safe enough board but got to be aware of sets, checked to me I bet half pot One flatter, now worried, turn j, check check river q I bet smallish about one third pot, and he bets 45k a massive overbet, obviously a straight beats me, any 2 pair combos or a set or a bluff, I reluctantly fold as calling would leave me with about 10 bigs, he doesn"t show but he said he had 333 so another bullet dodged.

I am now looking for a good spot to shove and nothing transpires and have been blinded down to about 15 bigs blinds 2k4/1k2, then the poker gods smile on me, utg raises 6k gets a flat call I look down at the mighty 67 suited, and decide that this is my make or break hand as I am short, tired and grumpy,
All cards on there backs AK v AQ v 67, magic 6 on the turn and I am back to 30 bigs and a decent ish stack.

I can now raise and fold, I raise 66 utg get flatted in 2 positions, flop 6 2 4, magic,check from bb, I check, guy bets pot (guy who had 33 v KK), I double check my cards,all in,and a call he has 99, fade the 9 boom 211k.

I finished the day on 189,500 blinds are 3k/6k when we go back (Dave has about 150k), so about 30 bigs which I have got to be happy with considering we"re I was, if I can get a few big hands to hold on Sunday you never know.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »

Got a few more back with AK on a k high flop with 2 diamonds on board bet every street got called on all streets, he didn"t hit his flush, I then limp yawned (apparently this is my biggest tell in the Stockton home game),ask Philtc he is aware of it but the others are oblivious), horrible flop, straightening, flushing but managed to get some chips although not a full double up.

Limp yawning for the win haha.. you"re both doing fantastic Brian. Keep going Sunday mate x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2012, 01:05:53 AM »
great write up. Like the play on the KK hands too. Gl on sunday
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2012, 09:41:02 AM »
Poker in August.

Online, mainly Stars only played 58 games lowest total since November, losing  the love ?, had a losing month probably around $400, no biggie but disappointing, don"t know the exact figure Hem gone down again.
I hadn"t played on Stars the last week until last night when I had to get 100vpps to keep the silver star status, turned out an expensive night to get there, finished 5 off the cash in a $55 tournament, pushed q 10 into 97, 12 bigs, drawing dead on the flop, villain flopped a straight, typical the way his month has gone.

I played the knockout cup on Apat and we reached the quarter finals, I played ok throughout made final table in each game winning one out right and a 4th,so that effectively gave me a freeroll into Apat Nottingham.

This brings me onto Live stuff which has been my saviour this month with a successful run at the local G, all stuff has been previously written about and about £1200 profit through that. I didn"t play well in the main event and ran QQ into KK and got too excited at a 7 high flop, I bloated the pot too much and was committed by the river even though I probably knew I was beat, at least I learnt from that mistake and made good decisions at Dtd with my Overpairs to the board, gotta learn from previous mistakes.

Obviously thoughts now are all about tomorrow, I have 30 bigs going back to Dtd, would be nice to have a premium hold at one stage, it looks great when I can analyse a hand and deduce the correct course of action and make a correct fold, but for once or twice tomorrow lets get it in 80/20 + and hold, also no sweats would be nice although that"s asking too much.

An ideal situation would be a Stockton massive heads up confrontation on the final table that would be my wish, it"s a long shot but you never know.

Susan will be staying at the care home on Sunday, this gives me peace of mind as I know if something did happen there are qualified nurses and assistants around to get her sorted if required and I don"t have to worry about a random phone call in Nottingham from home.

The kitchen gets a refit on Monday so we can see some benefit from my hours at the tables, an extra expense occurred yesterday as well,the washing machine decided to give up the ghost, got a friend round who condemned it saying cost of repair is not far of the cost of a new one so that"s next on the shopping list. Thanks for reading, Run good, be lucky stay healthy.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2012, 15:34:47 PM »
Quick report from dtd £500 ak raise,couldn"t call on a low all back flop, blinds too big for any fancy stuff, no thinking now 10 10 all in, called by AQ an ace on the flop sealed my fate, funking for Dave now.
It"s been a good experience love to do it again sometime.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: September 03, 2012, 14:58:01 PM »
After yesterday"s efforts  just a few afterthoughts about the deepstack.

When I first started playing live Poker, it was just £30 freeze outs and even this was thought as an expensive tournament, I never dreamt I would be playing in a £500 deepstack, I know I got in via a sat but again the sat was a 50/50/50 I did get in for the minimum  but was prepared to take the 3 buy ins if I felt I needed it.

When I went back with 30 bigs I was thinking, I have a bit of time to get a hand but with the blinds and antes so big I didn"t really have much wiggle room,looking back at the AK hand utg,I thought I had enough were if I missed the flop I could fold and wait a bit more, I think this showed my lack of experience at this sort of level, I had 25 bigs and min raised and folded on a very unhelpful board, a shove pre would possibly of won me at least one more round to get a hand or get a aq KQ or a small pair to call and take the flip at that point.

I eventually shoved 18bigs with 10 10 against AQ, in ahead pre when the chips are in is all you can ask at this point, i lost the race, standard stuff, the thing is if I ever get into these sort of games again I have to learn from this experience and take any of the stuff I have learnt with me.

I will be definitely adding a satellite or 2 into my games especially for the games at Dtd which are an absolute must play if you can get in.

I never felt out of my comfort zone at any time and thought I playe d really well, it is just the AK hand which still niggles a little bit, but I might of lost that flip as well, it"s a well worn record now on this blog gotta win those flips deep to get deeper.

I am going to get to November when this blog will be a year old and then contemplate continuing with it or not,as doing a read back it seems to be a moaning whine when I lose,and a gloaty bink when I have won, I have tried to be as honest as possible when writing these things and hope it has entertained those who have been on the journey from Vegas to mediocrity. thanks for reading Run good, be lucky, stay healthy.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2012, 15:55:25 PM »
Forgot about this from yesterday, after my knockout was sat with a few people from Teesside, I don"t know them well but am aware of them, devil fish wanders over and sits down and starts talking about Saturday nights exploits, he has been in a club supping champagne and gets a cab from said club.

the cabbie asks him if he has had a good night, devilish replies yes but not a lot of women about tonight,
Cabbie says "that wil be because it"s a Gay Bar", true or not it came across as good laugh, he then gets his guitar out and starts a Johhny Cash session, got good guitar skills but can"t sing.