Author Topic: The Fossil does Vegas  (Read 331418 times)

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Re: The Fossil does Vegas
« Reply #585 on: December 20, 2014, 12:35:20 PM »
It has been very interesting to read your blog this year Brian, especially as we have met and played on the same table in locations as far as Stockton, Leeds and Bolton. It is obvious you have a passion for poker so we have the same mentality here.
You have had many winning months, there is no reason why you can"t bink a big one in the year ahead. Turn that dream house into a reality mate. Have a lovely Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #586 on: December 22, 2014, 09:42:49 AM »
Let"s summarise this Bri...

In profit on Stars... winning player.

Made enough to freeroll Vegas, plus had a winning week there

Still in profit for the month

looking through the app I use for tracking live results not had a losing month

So you"ve had a fantastic year basically!

You know that huge bink is just around corner, it"s just a matter of when not if.

Happy Christmas and new year to you and Susan mate, big hug and a kiss from me x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #587 on: December 24, 2014, 09:15:25 AM »
I know, I said the last post would be my last post of the year but Christmas wouldn"t be the same without a weekly moan, first thanks Craig and Phil for above comments, hope you both get what you wish for in the coming months, that also applies to every one at Apat, players and admin.

Moaned a couple of results in online which lead to a $300 upswing including deep runs in the big $55 and big $5, top 40 in both, can"t remember the exit hands but they were probably brutal.

Most of the $300 has returned back to the poker community as it does but at least I had a few days of Freerolling a few games, will be starting the new year with $1k on Stars and we shall be aiming for Vegas again next November, although I was asked last night if I fancied going in June, that will be totally result dependant.

This year I will actually try and build a roll other than winning and withdrawing unless it"s for playing live games.

Another thing I should do next year is look around for lower variance games other than Stars that"s me being lazy, must get that sorted.

Onto the live stuff, as per reached the final table last night again at Rainbow, think that"s 6/8 since returning from Vegas but alas the usual final table hoodoo struck again, got myself up to 80k at 2k/4k from being the shortie, no change there then, people just don"t call correctly and my shoves get through most of the time unless they have a monster, my image is still good down there but one or two of the better players are starting to wake up a little, luckily for my the people on my direct left were not last night. These games although classed as mtts are 2/3 table sngs so play is pretty standard, no getting out of line early, then have enough chips to steal, re shove etc when pots are worth winning, I don"t have an ego at the table and if someone bluffs me off a hand early for not many chips I have no problem with that, as long as he folds to my 15/20 bb shove late on which they usually do, coz I always have it then.

Last nights game, called a min raise from utg v loose aggro player with 33 in bb after button had flatted, flop came Q3x, went a bit mad and lost to buttons set of Queens, cooler I suppose but annoying non the less only 5 paid and I finished 8th, was always behind so can"t grumble too much, button should still be raising pre so I can get away from it especially v the original raiser but as he said there is always a king or an Ace on the flop when he has the Queens.

These games are never going to make you rich but enjoying them and the odd bink every now and then helps, although the early cashes this month have just paid for the losses in the subsequent few weeks, meh.

Again next year any local win will go towards a bigger game either online into a live Day 2 or onto another site or Stars to boost bankroll, that new bungalow is still up for sale.

Christmas will be spent in front of the TV, no change there then, speaking of which PC world decided to knock £200 of the new one we just bought, another bad beat story emerges, bloody hell a total moan fest to finish the year with.

Boxing Day, I shall be at the Riverside along with 30k plus others hoping Boro can restart another unbeaten run, next live Poker Tuesday me thinks.

Run good, be lucky stay healthy.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #588 on: December 24, 2014, 19:42:05 PM »
Have a really good relaxing Christmas Brian.
Wishing you and Susan all the best, and that 2015 brings you that Bungalow Buying Bink

Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #589 on: December 31, 2014, 03:13:08 AM »
Groundhog Day.

Have made an agreement with Rainbow, to save time and effort, just place me on the final table with 15 bigs and I will pop over to play the final table out were I shall lose with a premium and get home to bed after about an hour.

I lose a chunk of chips with Aces, then no action with Kings in consecutive hands before the final table so in my usual spot short stacked, 5 paid so not hopeful but chip and a chair and all that.

A flurry of exits means a bubble is to be paid, I have been all in twice with no callers, so have 15 bigs look down at Queens, which I call versus another similar stack who has shoved AJ, the 2 aces on the flop pretty much leave me needing help and it wasn"t forthcoming, got £80 which means a £30 profit yawn, which will go towards the weekends games.

This thing has been going  3 years now and it"s probably run its course so unless anything major happens it"s time to bring this to an end, I will still be playing, still quite enjoy this stupid game and maybe one day can get a decent bink, so if you have been here from the beginning and are still here thanks for sticking in,  if you are reading for the first time, brief synopsis of the last 4 years, won some, lost some won some lost some, but will keep trying, run good, be lucky stay healthy, and a Happy and peaceful New Year to you all.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #590 on: December 31, 2014, 10:28:38 AM »
As I have said before, great thread.

Fair play to you Bri, if the blog is not fun anymore then let it go, if you still enjoy writing it then keep doing it imo, one of the only things on forums I always read these days. Will see you at the tables in 2015 no doubt though.

Happy new year to you and your family.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #591 on: December 31, 2014, 16:46:19 PM »
Do enjoy reading your blog Bri, and apologies for not saying so enough times in the past.

Having written one myself once, they do become a bit of a bind and when people don"t reply or interact, one can wonder what the point of it all is.

Have a great 2015 on and off the felts.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #592 on: December 31, 2014, 23:47:32 PM »
I know awards have been done before but maybe Apat could put up some sort of prize for best blog in 2016 to try and get more interest going in this area of the site?

Love reading this blog and will be disapointed if it doesn"t continue but BOL in 2015!

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #593 on: January 01, 2015, 15:23:19 PM »
I echo what your readership say above Brian, as long as you still enjoy writing we"ll enjoy reading  ;)

HNY
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #594 on: January 04, 2015, 03:46:12 AM »
Thanks for the above comments guys.

General consensus seems to be carry on, and to be honest I don"t mind doing a little write up after games, so as long as I am playing them will continue if I feel like  doing so.

One of the reasons I was going to stop was it becomes a bit samey and it either sounds a little moany if losing or braggy if winning, ( not doing a lot of bragging lately), also pretty sure 3 words in above sentence are made up and shouldn"t be seen in a seen in a literary piece.

We"ll certainly moaned that one in, if you recollect my previous final table appearances and the unfortunate circumstances in which I found myself, today was the day variance finally became my friend, got a 3 way chop for £1200 at the G, Bink.

We had the current Ukipt champion in our midst today, he busted his first bullet quite quickly and got moved to my table was raising every hand, got a few 3 bets in position through against him, but I was moved tables so that battle didn"t last long.

A few sweats along the way, final table bubble, shoved 13 bigs with 99 in the cut off, tight guy tanks for ages and eventually folds, he keeps his cards and shows AJ, to show me his massive lay down,  obviously would of been happy taking the flip, thought I was being nit rolled by tens or jacks tbh and he was going to sigh call.

Reach ft 8 paid, pick up AA first hand, and double up through a shorties re shove with A6, no sweat for a change, no draws or any danger, and I am now comfy, a bubble is refused by one player who in fairness always refuses, he eventually relents when he loses a few and at least cash back for 10 hours of play to the bubbler.

Bubble bursts and have now doubled our investment, get AK aipf v AJ, and I hold, guy commented about the previous hand were AJ was folded and he hoped he was flipping, glad I showed that hand earlier, as I am pretty sure he doesn"t call, he did have the chips to call but it did dent his stack, very comfy now.

Ak holds v AQ again only chop possibilities but was very confident of holding, 5 left now, serial limper limps at 5/10k on the button, I make up with 10 4 clubs, flop the flush, initial limper jams, I snap, he has AJ, no club, over 300k now with 1.3 million in play, we all agree to £1k each, and play for the rest, we all had similar stacks, play went on for another 40 mins or so and we lost one, we decided to split the extra £600 so we got £1k2 each.

Irony of the 10 4 clubs hand, made up the sb the previous night at rainbow with the same hand and lost in 12th place v K 10 who had limped utg, the 3 limpers made the call obligatory, but should of just shoved if I was playing it, any way it is now my favourite hand and will be playing it all the time from any position, not.

Might play Leeds 25/25 next week, but that depends on home circumstances,  a bit sing when you"re winning post but I feel as though I do report theses things fairly balanced giving the rough with the smooth and on this occasion it was pretty smooth.

Obligatory moan isolated JJ v 99 on the direct bubble of a $33 mtt on Stars on Friday, but of course some fecker wakes up with AA behind me, fggfgggghhhgh, and relax.

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #595 on: January 04, 2015, 14:36:09 PM »

I echo what your readership say above Brian, as long as you still enjoy writing we"ll enjoy reading  ;)

HNY

+ I enjoy reading the blogs
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #596 on: January 10, 2015, 03:26:56 AM »
Since last weeks win played twice locally, lost a flip QQ (me) v AK Monday night, final table bubble, only 4 paid so needed to accumulate, no biggie, but G continues to tilt me even before I start playing.

Next game at Rainbow missed an easy shove spot with 12 bigs latish on, guy raises utg, I have 77 which is an easy jam on the button.

As I was enjoying the social aspect of the game decided to flat and just re jam any non Ace, King flop, flop came down 10 high with 2 spades, I let the guy c bet which he did, I re shoved and he snaps with A6 both spades, flipping again, couldn"t avoid the spade on the river and was out of there.

Got to remember the purpose of the games, put the pressure on the others not give myself difficult decisions and win flips, be surprised if the Tuesday game continues as there was another overlay, we will wait and see on that one, oh yes stop being sociable and get winning.

Onto the online stuff, I was going to redeposit on Stars and start at a nice round figure of $1k from $600, but didn"t bother just been lolling around with my dire bankroll management, dropped to $200 but in the last 2 days got it back to $700, made 4 final tables, the first only 6 paid, finished 8th, so zilch, the 2:15 $33 game finished 6th for $150, yesterday, then 8th again in a $55 one for $148, sick exit flopped set with 66 v KQ, flop K6x, KQ turn and river, yuk, had cracked kings with tens just before final table so poker karma bit me on the nose, then made the final table of the 2:15 $33 one today for $248.

Although all profit is good could of done with a bit of run good on at least one of them, meh whatever, it is what it is.

Currently wide awake as it sounds like a feckin hurricane is blowing around here, hope there is no damage, pretty sure the bin has just gone walkies, but it"s too cold to go and check, it can wait.

Still contemplating Leeds 25/25, but if I make Day 2 getting Susan looked after could be problematic, so it"s unlikely unless my Son comes home, if not just keep grinding away on Stars and maybe get some run good on a final table for a change.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #597 on: January 17, 2015, 04:19:36 AM »
A few min cashes here and there this week, best effort of he week finishing 35/3000 + in the big $22 for $150, took a spot with 10 10 v a 12 bb shove and a 22 bb re shove, would of put me in a really good position with 30 left was up against AJ and AK, a couple of Kings made an appearance, lost all momentum after that one and spluttered to a finish.

The Tuesday game has finally been killed off at Rainbow, with a massive £1200 overlay on Tuesday, only 14 played, I finished 6th for £100 which was 3x buy in, ran AQ into AK blind on blind.

I was likened to a particular player in the area who is renowned to be so tight he actually squeaks and apparently I have now taken his mantle, wasn"t going to argue with them, happy to keep the rep and play accordingly.

Rainbow have decided to try the game on a Monday now with a £1500 progressive guarantee, so it"s not in direct competition with a £2k guarantee across the road.

There is still a £1k on at G, but runners seem to be dwindling at both places, it may or may not work but would imagine it will be a short term experiment as there is talk of redundancies taking place at Rainbow.

Couldn"t be bothered driving to Leeds at the weekend for the 25/25, there is one at Newcastle early Feb so will probably pop up there for that.

Another final table at Rainbow tonight with a 4 way chop for £520 each, snapped chip leaders hand off with the offer of an equal split, (pretty ridiculous tbh, but I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth).

Cliffs, lose with kings early  when I announce a bet of 3 ( a 5k chip), into a 6k pot, dealer insists its 300 as blinds were at 100/200, this allowed villain to call and pick up more equity on the turn, I jammed my remaining 6k into the middle and he snapped me with AQ and he binked the heart.

I was more annoyed at myself tbh as this is a regular occurrence over there, accepted it and moved on, reentered as a new player and grinded my way to the final table, very few hands going to showdown, just picked spots and targets, had 25 bigs on the final table.

Made a tight fold after I had raised 88, and was jammed all in by the button, he had me well covered, he had already over jammed Queens earlier and even though I might of been flipping, 18 bigs was enough to play with.

I was guarenteed £200 and was now in shove or fold mode and accumulated a few but was always around 12 bigs, just enough to jam over people"s limps, yes still limping at 3k/6k and folding to most shoves.

Make an extra £100 when someone is eliminated in 6th, the crucial hand I min raise to 20k, from a 15 bb stack, AA, get 2 callers including a jam by the bb, (KQ), obviously snap call and we go to the flop heads up, flops a King and rivers a Queen, sigh, do a count and I am left with 15k with blinds at 5/10 and I am in the big blind next, I win a flip 98 v 22, then jam small to big, then jam button again no callers and I am back to 75k, next hand some one jams with 33 (with me being short probably should fold, but was unlucky to run into ladies jacks) so I move up the ladder again, the chip leader offers us an equal chop as she wants to get home as she has work the next day, she gets the extra £10, 2cd place money was £590 so happy to accept.

Monday next at Rainbow, too much value as pretty sure these games won"t last long, I can"t see them taking off, fingers crossed they do though.

Probably go to the Riverside today, play Huddersfield, we need the 3 points to keep in touch with the leaders, Tuesday sees a trip to Newcastle to see First Aid Kit, a Swedish Folk duo, check them out on you tube very good, seen them in the Boro a few years ago when they were just starting out and bought all the albums since.

I reach the grand old age of 53 on Wednesday, bloody hell time flies when you are having fun, son taking us for a posh meal next weekend with the rest of the family so looking forward to that, sorry for the waffle, run good, be lucky stay healthy.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #598 on: January 18, 2015, 08:30:35 AM »
Love those 4 way chops.

You continue to be a force and the fact that the locals, who play with you week in, week out, still haven"t worked you out is mind-boggling. Long may it continue.
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #599 on: January 18, 2015, 13:20:53 PM »
One or two of the better players know the deal but i just target the obvious people, you know who i mean, luckily there are more of those than the others.

its the usual thing people just play far too many hands early and not as many late on. On Friday i was more loose than normal early, trying to do a Billy but never connected with the flop in any meaningful way. Tight is right early in these things more important to get to the antes then loosen up as the others tend to tighten up.

As you have probably read most final tables i reach down there its very rare i am chipped up but if you are still there, you always have a shot, 15/20 big blinds is an easy stack to play.

As for the deal thing totally player dependent, but this one was just too good not to accept, had 8 bigs at the offer, there wasn"t a bullying factor from any one but 2cd placed player said he would only do an equal chop which was accepted.