Author Topic: The Fossil does Vegas  (Read 328394 times)

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Re: The Fossil does Vegas
« Reply #885 on: June 13, 2017, 01:37:00 AM »
Good Read Brian
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #886 on: June 15, 2017, 18:14:55 PM »
Very good read Brian,
I must say that the locals were enquiring as to what "Give you a spin" means ?
And as you now know I actually had AK when I went out would have hit 2 pair with 10 7  :D

Catch you on the felt soon

Ian
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #887 on: June 28, 2017, 09:19:18 AM »
After a brief hiatus post Vegas returned to poker in the last few days, managed a 3rd in the Apat 6 Max and a deepish run in the main till I ran into Carls slow played Queens when I had 3 bet with AJ on a Jack high flop, nice hand well played.

Stone bubbled a £33 bounty hunter on Sky which was a bit annoying as I could of folded to a min cash with a few shorties around but 88 into KK meant the bubble, made a profit with bounties though so got to be happy with that.

Played twice locally last tuesdays game was a standard local game with a minimum 7 to a flop virtually every hand, don't think I won a hand all night despite a re entry, one of which was a free roll as I had a pile of points collected.

Last nights game was the Ying to last weeks Yang, lost 5k from initial 20 k stack so 33 bigs to start after the break, was down to 20 bigs at 300/600 when got a treble with 99 v JJ v AQ, it was all in pre I had jammed over utg raise (this particular guy is capable of raising any 2 from any position) so was happy so jam on him, wasn't happy with the Rejam behind though, but the 9 on the turn after the Ace on the flop gave me a decent stack.

Rep may of taken a bit of a hit when I made a house with 75 v AJ after I had 3 bet, he called the 7733A flop assuming his Kicker was no good, after all I only play 3 hands down there.

Get to the final table, 7 paid, bubble is paid and win 2 big flips both with 77 v KJ and then A8, this put me in a decent position with 4 left, a deal was suggested but seen as Susans care home bill needed paying (£1200) I said I would rather just play on as £730 would be better than £400 towards that one.

The curse of the deal refusal then struck A10 loses to A6 but soon recovered with a few raise and takes.

It turned out the above chips were just on loan as guy jams 33 into my A2 blind on blind for 12 bigs, this time it was my turn to hit my 30% chance.

3 handed refused an even chop as I had over half the chips in play no other offers were made as there was a tiny stack, any deals would be me taking the first place money.

The shortie went out then heads up lasted about 7 hands were I ran pretty Golden, trips, 2 pairs, flush and finally K9 held v 78 to win it outright for £730.

I don't think I was being unreasonable not accepting a deal at the various points in the game, I never ask for deals if it is worth it for me then yes I may accept if offered but would much rather play for the win.

So that helps the kick in the nuts which was the care home bill, in fact winning that package ended costing more than it should as other costs at home re the care home have been incurred, but wont go into that.

In the end June was a good month I suppose for Poker what with Vegas and the last weeks efforts, let's hope the heat continues into July.

Oh yes went to see Mickey Flanagan in Leeds on Friday, if you get a chance to see him, it's a good night out, thanks for reading, run good, be lucky stay healthy.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #888 on: August 29, 2017, 00:51:54 AM »
It was always my intention to finish this blog with a picture of a trophy as I think the written blog has had its day, and although it's been fun, I am not playing enough to keep the interest up.

Video blogging has somewhat become the new blogging medium, there is no way I will be subjecting you lot with my Teesside accent and my ugly mug on screen so that's that.

However today  was the day a trophy was in sight, the North east summer sizzler was the game and I went into Day 2 with 54k, not ideal, but enough to make a run.

To cut a long story short I reached the final table as the short stack 15 bigs after KK loses to AQ, and AJ loses to A8, both hands played really passively by villains so lost the minimum.

Jam 66 over a min raise, 77 calls, spike a 6, then 66 holds v shortstacks A3 shove, we get to 5 handed and there is 6 million in play we all have about 1.2 million, so we deal at £4K each and play on for the extra £960.

I get to heads up with a 4 to 1 chip deficit, but 10 10 holds v A9 and we are pretty equal.

We decide to chop the rest up so won £4465, but unfortunately there was no trophy for the winner, still happy with the return as was in for £30, actually the cash I won in the last Apat online game so a decent return, the previous 2 months have seen very little going on a few min cashes here and there and a final table on Sunday on Sky for £175, standard can't win a flip on a final table, just the 2 outer today made up for it though.

It was always my intention to play the Leeds Gukpt next month but will try and get in for cheap but 90% certain to take a shot.

A bit of a sing when your winning post but it would of been a bit churlish not to report on my biggest live cash, not life changing but enough to buy a new hat, thanks for reading, run good, be lucky, stay healthy.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #889 on: August 30, 2017, 13:59:54 PM »
It was always my intention to finish this blog with a picture of a trophy as I think the written blog has had its day, and although it's been fun, I am not playing enough to keep the interest up.

Video blogging has somewhat become the new blogging medium, there is no way I will be subjecting you lot with my Teesside accent and my ugly mug on screen so that's that.

However today  was the day a trophy was in sight, the North east summer sizzler was the game and I went into Day 2 with 54k, not ideal, but enough to make a run.

To cut a long story short I reached the final table as the short stack 15 bigs after KK loses to AQ, and AJ loses to A8, both hands played really passively by villains so lost the minimum.

Jam 66 over a min raise, 77 calls, spike a 6, then 66 holds v shortstacks A3 shove, we get to 5 handed and there is 6 million in play we all have about 1.2 million, so we deal at £4K each and play on for the extra £960.

I get to heads up with a 4 to 1 chip deficit, but 10 10 holds v A9 and we are pretty equal.

We decide to chop the rest up so won £4465, but unfortunately there was no trophy for the winner, still happy with the return as was in for £30, actually the cash I won in the last Apat online game so a decent return, the previous 2 months have seen very little going on a few min cashes here and there and a final table on Sunday on Sky for £175, standard can't win a flip on a final table, just the 2 outer today made up for it though.

It was always my intention to play the Leeds Gukpt next month but will try and get in for cheap but 90% certain to take a shot.

A bit of a sing when your winning post but it would of been a bit churlish not to report on my biggest live cash, not life changing but enough to buy a new hat, thanks for reading, run good, be lucky, stay healthy.

Well done Bri another great run mate!!

Keep the blog going whenever you do play IMO. People love to hear how you are doing
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #890 on: August 31, 2017, 11:12:54 AM »
We decide to chop the rest up so won £4465, but unfortunately there was no trophy for the winner.

WP Bri, great result mate. Here you go.

Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #891 on: September 12, 2017, 13:22:40 PM »
Lol, cheers for the above pic Phil.

Rungood continues with a further 3 final tables locally, including a 5 way chop on Friday for £635, 3:30am and all relatively deep was literally falling asleep so happy with deal, was 2cd place cash so took it.

The other cashes were small ones £150 and a £100 bubble payment which was good as I had come back from 2 bigs after losing a big one pre final table, all profit is good.

Going back to Leeds tonight for the mini main day 2 got 18 bigs which as proven last month is an ok stack, easy to play no thought poker, my sort of game.

Total limp fest last night, and as per no one folds once there initial limp has been raised, I should probably have been back home by 8pm as I had ran into 2 sets and quads in the first 2 levels but for some reason lost the minimum in all the pots due to villains  weak betting, not saying I would of gone bust in the pots early on but could of lost a lot more, always good if no re entry required.

If I bust early there is a £150 side event may play it but it's another 2 dayer and another trip to Leeds on Wednesday wouldn't be ideal, may just head back for the Tuesday £25 at the G.

I will be playing the £550 in Leeds on Friday, will be a one bullet effort unless successful tonight, as per poker has allowed us to fully recarpet the house and a new suite is on order, these items should take us to our mid 60s, bloody hell where does time go and will more than likely be the last major purchases for the house.

Onto the Boro and have been underwhelmed by our start but Saturdays effort gives a glimpse of what might happen, still it's an excuse to get out on a Saturday afternoon with my mates.

Obviously may make the stream on Friday and if I make it there and you are watching go and do something a bit more exciting as I won't be providing a masterclass of 3 4 5 betting, more like a variety of folding techniques.

A quick shout out to Stu who made it to Russia and was unlucky in a big pot yesterday and is playing in a big one today as well, Gl to him and well done on the sat win.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #892 on: September 23, 2017, 09:33:24 AM »
Unfortunately could not make Gukpt Leeds last week so either saved myself £550 or lost £40k only 1 of these is true.

Had a really deep run in a powerfest game on party finishing 10/1900 for £255, jammed 55 into 99 who had limped utg was a tired play and was half expecting AA tbh as this now seems back to being popular, still a decent run.

Still only playing the one or two tables whilst doing other stuff not grinding tables.

Locally no cashes but with an influx of new players possibly the John Hesp affect the standard has gone slightly down, upping the variance but still money to be made.

Leeds have a new multi day game on their schedule and for some unknown reason Leeds has somehow got closer to the Boro and I can get there in 70 mins if traffic ok. It's £50 buy in £10k gteed, 3 day 1s.

I got a message on Thursday indicating only 9 people had made Day 2 and with a chance of an overlay decided to pop down on the Thursday, promising Susan that if I didnt make Day 2 then I won't play the Friday local game.

10k starting stack, using Gukpt structure 30 minute clock.

Lost min with KK early doors v a rivered straight, and won the minimum with AA in first level.

Sick hand incoming last hand before the break and the re entry period.

I raise A 10 get 3 callers flop 10 2 8 rainbow, I check there is a bet and a min re raise, call, call 10 on turn, check, bet min reraiser folds, I jam my 2 pair snapped by 222, the Ace from space on the river, got very lucky there then.

Roller coaster of a game, each time I got 30bigs plus lost to a short stack, we eventually bagged up 39800 going back to Day 2 with 20 bigs.

I swooped 10% with Craig at the break but unfortunately he busted in the penultimate level I think.

25 returned 17 paid, didn't make a set with 44 in a multi way pot so down to 15 bigs, jammed 78 blind on blind, guy folds showing the Ace, assuming he didn't have the King kicker.

19 left, guy who won Gukpt last week rips J8 off from utg plus 1, oh hi der AA, the driest of dry boards and he was drawing dead on turn.

Make the money then the final table, courtesy of a set with 77 on an Ace high flop.

Pretty card dead on the final table, had the 2 massive stacks to my left and both were really aggro so had to be patient.

Laddered to 5th spot 130k at 5/10k, was offered £1145 next prize was £550, 3rd prize was £1250, 2 others had 13/15 bigs and the rest of the chips were with the 2 massive stacks i am no icm master but it seemed fair to me.

I had forgot about the last man standing and got a £31 voucher for that as well.

There was an overlay but pretty sure this game will get bigger as the weeks go on and will no doubt be back with another visit planned for next week.

Looking into the possibility of playing in Tallin at the end of October, this depends on getting Susan sorted or Prague in November or even Vegas again in November or another piece of art which I have my eye on.

Slight upswing on the Boro front, an actual exciting game last weekend an away victory midweek, it seems as though things are turning.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #893 on: September 25, 2017, 11:53:38 AM »
Been a lot of talk about this game, mostly negative. Was there any talk on the tables?   

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #894 on: September 25, 2017, 14:02:44 PM »
50/50 tbh, personally I like it as no games locally other than Tuesday/ Friday so suits me to play Day 1 Thursday, if I qualify for Day 2 all well and good if not I can play Friday at Stockton.

Locals were comparing it to VGC which looks like providing decent nightly comps but £50 for a £10k guarentee seems like a decent spot, people can still play the Dailys at VGC as well.

Day 1 got finished 1:30am understand still late if working next day but not as bad as the 3:30 finishes which our 2 local comps are now regularly, mainly due to people not getting in their 3 big blind stacks before the bubble is agreed, cough cough not guilty your honour, lol.

G at Newcastle have put out feelers re a similar comp up there, only £3k guarantee though, current responses seem negative usual thing guarantee should be bigger etc but my feelings are players make the comps anyway if there is enough interest the game should get big but most people want guarentees and overlays which short term is ok but long term not very good.

Hope they give it a run as I think it could get bigger, I saw at least 5 locals from up here down there and would imagine a few more might make the journey down if it gets bigger, especially if they see a big nit like me cashing, they may think it's an easy spot, one thing though didn't like Mr Gosney to my left, he tortured me but was fair enough in the deal offered.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #895 on: September 25, 2017, 16:52:43 PM »
Will be playing it next week, probably Thursday 

The VGC have been trying to dominate the sceen in Leeds

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #896 on: October 30, 2017, 03:30:04 AM »
Warning may contain some run good, sing when your winning but hey ho why not.

Almost booked Tallin as I was up £700 early doors in October due to a couple of cashes at G and online but circumstances dictated it was not viable, just as well as I had man flu that week and that would of sucked.

The £700 soon dwindled down to £300, positive tilt again the local games and a bit online swallowing some of the profits up.

The last week sees me get 2cd place for £500 at the G plus £325 on Stars with some deep runs in a few games after depositing £50 to play one night.

The 25/25 was in Newcastle this week so off I popped for Day 1 on Thursday, this bullet went in the last level top pair top kicker v a flopped straight, to a Teesside local and a good guy so will accept that.

Saturday came and bullet number 2 was fired, lost half my stack early doors QQ v 99, guy turned a set, being the nit I am I only lost 12k so this deep no problems, lost another half stack to a 3 high flush v my 2 pair, guy limps utg with 23 suited and gets there must be nice.

I then lose a flip K 10 v 77 just before the first break, a third bullet was not my intention  but a little maths means that if bullet 3 is fired I am still slightly in profit for the month so in it went, bloody hell need to speak to GA asap, remember when it's not fun anymore.

I lose a few here and there then this happened, loose guy raises utg blind, he is a well known gambler and very lag, a 15 big blind stack shoves over him I reshove with AQ and we are up against AQ, who goes on to 4 flush me and I am down to 12 bigs, I am £660 in the mire here, not happy but hey ho it is what it is.

From this moment on the poker gods decide to take pity on me, A7 beats JJ up to 15 bigs and I go from 8k to peak at 72k only to drop down to 43,500 for a third trip to Newcastle for Day 2.

Day 2 starts with no action when I have AA, then my 15 bb stack goes in 10 10 v AK, K on flop, 10 on river, bink, comfortable now.

Middle stages can't remember what happened but I am on the bubble with 25 big blinds and looking at a £450 pay out, losing £210 then, lol.

Bubble bursts so not hurting as much, I have to finish 11th to make £30 in the game.

There are no big stacks and everyone is playing quite shallow so it's effectively shove/fold poker, get 88 through so I have 15 bigs, I then shove AJ, instantly reshoved on, oops in big trouble here, I was up against AA, sigh pretty bad shape, Jack on the flop, hope, brick, miracle Jack on the river, although happy was pretty embarrassed by that one, but it was a standard spot, not a standard run out though, but got to take the run good when it's given to you.

Blind on blind former Ukipt winner shoves I look at AQ suited, this guy has been relentless all game raising etc, very good player, he has AK which holds and I am down to 5 bigs, I shove K2 next hand v A 10, bink a 2, it's getting ridiculous now, shove K9 next hand gets through and we have reached the final table.

Double with AQ v KQ, ladder a few spots, gteed £1600 now, try to steal blinds and antes with light raises but 3 bets and jams dont entice me.

I raise QQ, guy tank folds 10 10, saying he jams v anyone but me, lol my image is ridiculous, even though I do always have it.

A friend of mine loses a massive pot v a Chinese guy who is just shoving every hand and is crippled, rather my mate won tbh as he is a good guy, I ladder one more spot and am guaranteed £3000, the game is stopped to discuss numbers,  I  am offered £6000, its 20 bigs v 20 v 40 v 50, I am happy to accept and we deal It  was 8k, 7k 6k 6k.

The 50 bb guy was a very good player and the other 20 bb player is known to me and is  a good player, the Chinese guy was a wildcard and was just jamming any hand he was involved in, if lose the inevitable 60/40 v him am I happy to lose £3k like that probably not, one reason why I don't play cash, out of my comfort zone when pots get that big, so we got out of that 3 bullet hole by a goodly sum and we finish the month with my biggest win and a  five figure upswing since September.

Next on the horizon is possible £20k gtee in Leeds on Friday then a mini GPS in Newcastle in November and may try a few sats to the Gukpt in Blackpool, I may even pop over there for a few sides, £1k buy ins are not for me, unless anyone fancies a gamble.

Again no trophy to play on for so we all just ambled on home, wasn't comfortable walking out of the casino with £6k in my pockets but made it to the car and was home 50 minutes later to give the good news to Susan who still thinks poker is £30 a go.

Got some new Art from last months winnings plus new carpets and new 3 piece suite so that is it now for major buys for the house, from now on we are just gambling, ohh just noticed Prague and Berlin have poker tournaments on, going to investigate the possibilities, run good, be lucky stay healthy.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #897 on: October 30, 2017, 22:23:59 PM »
excellent

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #898 on: November 01, 2017, 17:28:31 PM »
Great read Brian and refreshing to see you are tightening your ranges against pocket  7d 7h  ;D

Gamble??

Pm me 🙂

Leave it a week or so as off to Vegas Saturday  ;D
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #899 on: November 11, 2017, 15:06:34 PM »
For balance here is a quick report on the month so far including taking a shot in Blackpool.

Confidence high after previous results and another final table at the G on the first Tuesday of the month, however I was the bubble boy when my Jacks couldn't hold v KQ but doubled my buy in so any profit is good, couple of games since but no cashes and online nothing to write home about.

I decided to take a shot at my first £1k event in Blackpool this week, this will not be a regular occurrence but confidence high on a serious upswing so why not, sold some percentages, thanks for those involved, spoiler alert writing this back in the Boro today so unfortunately no Day 2, however will do a mini report.

Got Susan booked into a care home, prices for decent hotels for 2 with decent access and other needs were around £200 so decided to pay the care home, the bill will be slightly bigger but peace of mind and all that, I got a room for 2 nights £50 inc breakfast, perfectly adequate for my needs.

We started the game 5 handed and when the table eventually filled I had a good local teessider and 2 Bens both known to me as big winners to my left and unknowns to right.

I peaked in the first two levels at 24k, but in the 4th level I should of busted, mid position opens, I 3 bet with KK, this gets flatted on the button, mid position calls, pot about 4K, flop QQ10 rainbow, mp checks I bet, button calls mp folds, turn 10, I check as does the button, i bet smallish and am called again, river, was a 4 I check intending to just call if button bets, he tanks for a bit and  he shows AA, I definitely dodged a bullet here, if it's 4 bet pre it goes all in as I don't have enough chips to 5 bet fold, not that I was going to fold pre, I lost about 7k so was down to 13, but glad to be still in it.

Mid position had folded 44 on the flop.

End of level 4 back to starting stack with a couple of non show down hands.

We peaked at around 26k in the next 2 levels, it's a lot harder accumulating chips in these games than on a Tuesday night at the G, then again its rare to see 8 to a flop in these games.

This is my pivotal hand in the game, utg +2, min raises, I 3 bet with AK K a diamond, first mistake here was my 3 bet was a min click blinds had just increased so he was never folding, tired play by me tbh.

This guy was raise calling everything and was always going to call, flop 10 high, 3 diamonds, he checks I bet he then reraises me, he has done this before with top pair on the flop, with the King of diamonds I call, turn was a King, he bets again, again I call, thoughts here are obviously flopped flush, rare, sets possible, 2 pair not probable but the reraise on the flop was concerning.

The river card was another 10, he now jams all in, I have 1 pair and about 25 bigs left, I tank for a while and eventually folded, he didn't show but pretty confident I was beat either a set or A 10 with the ace of diamonds.

Or I could of been bluffed or outplayed, if so fair play to him, will never know so it's just another hand in the journey.

My last hand was AK v AQ all in pre I had 12 bigs at this point happy with this all day every day, however I hit a King on the river which gave the villain a straight, and I am out of the door, no more re entries at this point, not that that was in the plan.

No complaints about the exit hand, just got to remember me cracking AA with AJ off to help me chop in Newcastle last month.

I have felt worse busting £30 comps tbh, if I think I have played well and done the best I can given cards and spots then that's all you can do, obviously the AK hand was the moment but I am quite happy with my read, the 10 and any diamond were my worry cards but I could of easily been dead v a set as well, que sera, sera.

There are quite few games locally in the next few weeks locally, mini GPS, 25/25 Stockton, 25/25 Leeds and no doubt will be having a nibble.

In for the Premier league on Apat on Sunday think our name is UTFBDragons, couple of smoggies and a couple of Welshmen, See you on the virtual felt in the coming weeks.

Treat myself to some New Art with last months winnings, we now charge an entry fee to my house, Susan not happy being charged £5 every time she comes home.

I know this blog was supposed to be done but find it quite cathartic to write up and get the game out of my system.

May or may not be back, will see what happens.