Author Topic: Aces and Agony - An APAT'ers blog of the highs and lows of poker ( and life!)  (Read 109551 times)

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Well most of the regular APAT members know who i am by now, but I shall introduce myself anyway!

My name is Asa, and I"m starting to play the live APAT games more regularly, and am vastly enjoying them ( if not the results as of yet), as well as meeting all the fantastic people that make the weekends what they are ( and in some cases the weeks!)

I will at some point over the next few weeks go over the way I started playing poker, the successes I"ve had, the failures I"ve endured and some of the awesome cock ups I"ve managed to do whilst playing this game!

The reason I"ve started the blog is that as of Friday, I will be attempting to grind a bankroll for the first time ever online, as previously, I"ve played when I felt like, the games I"ve felt like playing with no thoughts to keeping a roll. In the past, if I"ve won big, I withdraw, if I win small it just sits there.

I"ll be sticking to one site, to one game ( most likely just standard sit n go"s), and seeing if I can actually stick to it, going up and down the levels properly. I won"t be setting myself any sort of playing targets or profit targets, as my work week fluctuates quite a lot from week to week.
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Good luck with the blog and the grind Asa

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook

Good luck with the blog and the grind Asa
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
good luck with this Asa.

I gave up grinding SnGs a long time ago as the ROI is so low and the standard is so much better these days.

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

good luck with this Asa.

I gave up grinding SnGs a long time ago as the ROI is so low and the standard is so much better these days.

Same here, but I don't play regular so I just kept to the MTT and the odd STT

Good luck with it Ash

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
I wont be reading this as i still havent forgiven you for having the aces in the aria tourny in vegas :p

good luck with it mate
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
Looks like my post earlier didn"t post!

Looking forward to this blog ... gl gl gl with the online grind sweetie.

Asa was the person who introduced me to APAT and other poker events  ... so blame him  ;D
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member

I wont be reading this as i still havent forgiven you for having the aces in the aria tourny in vegas :p

good luck with it mate

I hear you ..... I don"t read Brian (aka Card Rack) Fossil diary for same reason ... not sulking at all, no, really, I"m not  ;)
Then to top the lot I didn"t get my food afterwards either whilst others merrily pissed off and got their chili pots   :P
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

good luck with it mate

I hear you ..... I don"t read Brian (aka Card Rack) Fossil diary for same reason ... not sulking at all, no, really, I"m not  ;)
Then to top the lot I didn"t get my food afterwards either whilst others merrily pissed off and got their chili pots   :P

Yeah, I don"t read that Texan"s blog either for the same reason :-)

GL Asa
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
Gl with the grind.. will be intresting viewing  :).

Will you be posting your starting roll? your SNG buy ins at start? poker site etc etc.
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member

good luck with it mate

Pffft and we used to be friends as well  ;)

Good luck with the blog Asa look forward to the grind updates.. if you"re after a spreadsheet for Sng"s think I"ve got one somewheres when I was grinding them a year or 2 ago x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member

good luck with it mate

That bloke in the Aria game still hasn"t forgiven you for having J5 against his aces either.

Good luck with the Grind Asa, tend to agree with Rob regarding the sngs, on Stars where there is a good volume even the $7 games are reg filled and not a lot of fish about.

I tend to play a couple of sngs along side mtts or cash if I win one just use cash for a higher buy in mtt use them as sats, run good any way hope it works for you.

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
Good luck with this Asa I will look forward to this, it might even be the kick up the behin I need to keep mine going, have you befriended Debra Worley Roberts yet  ;D

I did get her back for you m8 :D
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Thanks for all the good lucks etc :)

Will reply properly to people tomorrow, as I"m on the dreaded late then early, ie, just get home now, have to leave at half 6 :(

good luck with it mate

Pffft and we used to be friends as well  ;)

Good luck with the blog Asa look forward to the grind updates.. if you"re after a spreadsheet for Sng"s think I"ve got one somewheres when I was grinding them a year or 2 ago x

am mega interested in the spreadsheet if you can find it! Have tried and failed with my own!
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
The grind
[/u][/color]

Purely and simply due to traffic I"ll be playing ( initially at least) on pokerstars for the grind.

I will be starting right at the bottom end, bankroll starting at just $150, and playing the $1.50 turbos.

I have absolutely no idea how many I"ll play, what my ROI will be ( or even what I"ll be aiming for for either of them) or how I"ll actually manage to retain my love for poker whilst going through this.

I"ll post the number of games played and my current bankroll when I"ve played a day"s worth, and maybe an interesting hand or 2 throughout the session.

PS. Why are there 2  ad1 in the cards above the post?  ???
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n