Author Topic: APAT London League Warmup  (Read 17098 times)

Diablo

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
Re: APAT London League Warmup
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 19:14:07 PM »
Hi guys it is going ahead, but I onloy got on 2 mins before the tourney... gosling you are seated on the table..
The Jellyfish!!!!
London Regional Captain :)

Diablo

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 21:10:52 PM »
I would like to thank everyone for playing tonight and hope you had a good time.. The results are as follows:

- WiseOwlPS.....1
- jelrock...........2
- lpgn..............3
- NickFlick111...4
- gosling67.......5
- LadyGazza.....6
- Hammerite.....7

Let me know if anyone is interested in another one next week...
The Jellyfish!!!!

WiseOwl

• Bronze Member
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »
Enjoyed the comp - winning it was a bonus.

Happy to play again next week.

gosling67

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 12:47:49 PM »
Well played Owl!

"Fraid I"m playing live next Sunday so won"t be able to make it (unless I get knocked out in first 2 levels ...)

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 13:27:09 PM »
Thanks to those who played last night. Won"t be up for another one, to be honest I have become quite disillusioned with playing for London over the last couple of years when only the same  3 or 4 players turn up for each leg, I had hoped our amalgamation with the South East would improve the situation, however now that we have been split again, it looks like another frustrating season ahead judged on our numbers, so good luck with your adventures. See you in the individual events.
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

Diablo

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 21:58:48 PM »
Don, I have to agree with you. I was expecting a lot more people to join the London league... I guess we will just have to try hard and see what happens..
The Jellyfish!!!!

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 23:03:45 PM »

Thanks to those who played last night. Won"t be up for another one, to be honest I have become quite disillusioned with playing for London over the last couple of years when only the same  3 or 4 players turn up for each leg, I had hoped our amalgamation with the South East would improve the situation, however now that we have been split again, it looks like another frustrating season ahead judged on our numbers, so good luck with your adventures. See you in the individual events.

Woudl be very happy for you guys to join us in the South East Region if Des will alow it. Such a shame to see APAT stalwarts not competing fairly.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 23:29:51 PM »

Woudl be very happy for you guys to join us in the South East Region if Des will alow it. Such a shame to see APAT stalwarts not competing fairly.

+1

If Jeldon and co are agreeable obv..... see Robs post

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=10624.msg172346#msg172346
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

gosling67

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 07:22:26 AM »
Though it"s quality not quantity isn"t it? I could have played for Scotland but looked like they had way too many people already  ;)

Will play this as a sociable $10 Sunday night tourney with the chance to win some cash (especially as I"m not sure how many of the live events I"ll be able to get to). If I do well enough to get the team some points, then that"s a bonus.

Can understand your frustration Don, so sorry if I come across as an overenthusiastic newbie x

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 09:07:34 AM »
You should be enthusiastic Jenny, it will be a great league, and the last thing that I would want to do would be to put off any new members from enjoying a wonderful experience, along with the banter and camaraderie. It"s just not for me on this occasion. x
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »

You should be enthusiastic Jenny, it will be a great league, and the last thing that I would want to do would be to put off any new members from enjoying a wonderful experience, along with the banter and camaraderie. It"s just not for me on this occasion. x

Basic logic  ;)

1. I lived in London for 6 months once
2. I lost a pair of socks
3. therefore theres a little bit of me in London
4. therefore ala Harry Potter / Voldemort logic theres a little bit of London in me
5. therefore a little bit of London is in the North East
6. therefore Don and co should play for us, would love to have you.

Simple x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Diablo

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 10:31:40 AM »
I would leave it to the members who have joined up. I know we are very short on numbers as compared to some of the other leagues? If the majority of the members would like to merge with the South East then I have no problem with that, provided it meets with the APAT rules.
The Jellyfish!!!!

ThePhoenix

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 12:18:01 PM »
Sorry to miss your game end of Feb but was at the Super poker championship in Dublin - getting my own practice in.

However, if any of you want to practice this week feel free to join my home game on stars and we can setup as many games you like this week. Room: 18893, password zanzibar.
Email me - with your name, if interested: herven@gmail.com

Lets win this.

Shaun

Denis67

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 17:06:18 PM »
Sorry I missed the warmup, delighted that Jeldon is captain and hope Don will play the league games, enjoyed being on their table in Brighton - both great players and we need as many as possible.  Will play as many as I can.
Baldrick, we're in a very sticky situation, we're in the stickiest situation since stickty the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun

Diablo

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 00:17:23 AM »
It"s nearly upon us, 2 more days till it all starts. I even got myself the iPad so that I don"t miss any of the games. Let"s show the other leagues that it"s about quality and not quantity. See you all on Sunday.
The Jellyfish!!!!