Author Topic: Not couple friendly  (Read 4667 times)

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
Not couple friendly
« on: March 13, 2012, 19:49:11 PM »
William Hill are the same as Blue Square and will not allow more than one entry to a tournament from the same IP address. This is not very good to couples like Richard and I. Both of us would like to do the online championship but we have been denied this by William Hill as it is against their policy.

I had thought this was an ipoker issue but Genting allow both of us to play and they are also an ipoker site.

If ipoker sites like Genting can allow couples to play together could APAT speak to sites like WH and B Sq to ensure that all their members can play in APAT events before they use that site?
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

teaulc

• Silver Member
Re: Not couple friendly
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 21:09:31 PM »
not sure if it will solve your problem, but have you tried using sandboxie?
i know this lets you use 2 ipoker sites on 1 computer but not sure if it will work for  2 different p.c.s masking the ip address
Central European Online Omaha Champion 2010.
Team Member of Punters Lounge, Winners of the Team Challenge 2018

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 21:14:28 PM »
Or have you tried separation? That"ll probs work too
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 22:16:01 PM »

not sure if it will solve your problem, but have you tried using sandboxie?
i know this lets you use 2 ipoker sites on 1 computer but not sure if it will work for  2 different p.c.s masking the ip address

Masking the IP address is most probably against their T&C"s. Whilst the obv question is how would they know - if they could or did find out then you suffer the consequences.

Have to say I was gobsmacked when Des suggested on a previous thread that members get around the WH restrictions using methods put forward by others which included IP masking. That is not the answer.

So....

William Hill are the same as Blue Square and will not allow more than one entry to a tournament from the same IP address. This is not very good to couples like Richard and I. Both of us would like to do the online championship but we have been denied this by William Hill as it is against their policy.

I had thought this was an ipoker issue but Genting allow both of us to play and they are also an ipoker site.

If ipoker sites like Genting can allow couples to play together could APAT speak to sites like WH and B Sq to ensure that all their members can play in APAT events before they use that site?

+1
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Jordania

• Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 15:57:56 PM »
+ 1