Author Topic: Play nice and have fun  (Read 4000 times)

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
Play nice and have fun
« on: March 20, 2012, 16:26:23 PM »
Hey all,
         We all play poker to enjoy the game we love and potentially make some money. We all have different styles and different appraoches to each tournament/hand we play and although we may not agree with another persons approach to each hand or tournament we must accept it as their style of play. We will all recieve that inevitable bad beat from the "donk" as we see it but we must accept it and move on. Giving players abuse for an unorthodox play that "got lucky" just isn"t part of the game and casts dark shadows over what should be an enjoyable experience.

APAT prides itself on creating tournaments that are friendly and builds a community to play both live and online in good clean fun and friendly environments so as part of APAT we should uphold that sense good nature and join in the fun, take the rough with the smooth and just generally enjoy every tournament, live and online, in the good spirit APAT created them for.

Also remember when you play for team Scotland you represent team Scotland so keep the good name intact ;)

I"ll leave you with the quote from APAT....

"One thing that I would ask in return, is that we remember that "everyone" sitting at your table will be an APAT member and it is essential that we treat each other with respect - something that APAT is famed for.  I"m sure I don"t need to say it, but there will be zero tolerance of anyone who fails in this requirement."

You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Re: Play nice and have fun
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 16:49:03 PM »
Hear here Sef  8)

Well said mate. I was pretty disgusted at some of the stuff at tables on Sunday night and behalf of the vast majority of Scotland players and other APAT members I"d happily be without poker than sit beside someone with the garbage that comes out their mouth. Yeah we can all blank/block/ignore the chat box but it can be a great part of the game, especially the team events or any other APAT community game. Calling someone a mong, retard or anything similar is bang out of order and deserving of a swift kick in the gonads  >:(

I"ve travelled to many APAT venues and met a whole load of fantastic people I"m now fortunate to call friends. I"ve had more than a few comment that they"ve never met a bad Scot at an APAT event. It"s because of this community people of our level can learn to play better poker and thrive from it so make the most of it and stop being a fool.

To anyone who witnessed any of this dross or was on the wrong end of it I can only say that it came from a very small minority and is in no way any kind of reflection on our great team.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

evilbow

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 17:54:58 PM »
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 17:56:36 PM by evilbow »

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 18:55:56 PM »

Well said Sef, & Santino67 ;) :)  I"ll still slag ye if ye play  10s 9d  ;D

I would never play that mate... now if it was suited. hhmmmmm ;D :D
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef