Author Topic: Withdrawal  (Read 9062 times)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
Withdrawal
« on: May 17, 2012, 10:51:32 AM »
Has anyone else withdrawn cash from WH yet ?

I withdrew a chunk a few days ago and other than a reduction in my balance, well... nothing has happened.

In the past, other sites have instantly sent me an email to acknowledge the withdrawal and then a further email to confirm that the deed has been done. So with WH do I just have to wait up to 7 weeks for my next credit card statement ?  >:(
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: Withdrawal
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 12:51:50 PM »
I agree you should get a receipt or at least some sort of acknowledgement.

However, frankly, I never use credit cards to funds poker accounts.

Firstly, the risk of fraud is quite high.

Secondly, some card will refuse gambling transactions.

I use Neteller for these types of thing. It"s accepted by all poker sites, I can fund it by payment via bank account (and get it paid back the same way).
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

kevod85

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 15:21:38 PM »
I have withdrawn from WH before, took 3 / 4 days to clear. That was to my bank account though not a credit card.
APAT Welsh Amateur Championship 2012 Bronze Medal

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 16:01:37 PM »

I agree you should get a receipt or at least some sort of acknowledgement.

However, frankly, I never use credit cards to funds poker accounts.

Firstly, the risk of fraud is quite high.

Secondly, some card will refuse gambling transactions.

I use Neteller for these types of thing. It"s accepted by all poker sites, I can fund it by payment via bank account (and get it paid back the same way).

I just use Neteller to move money around.

Last time I checked (which is a long time ago, admittedly), Neteller was pretty expensive due to their buy/sell spread on the USD. My account is in USD since almost everything was transacted in USD way back when I opened the a/c.
Even a GBP account has withdrawal charges I think.

As for WH, well they didn"t used to be so crap when they had their own poker client. But since they joined ipoker things seem to have gone way downhill. BUT one thing you should check Ian is that you haven"t just withdrawn from poker a/c to the betting a/c. If so you still have another layer of withdrawals to make.

Last time I withdrew from WH (just under a year ago) I didn"t get a confirmation email. But I got the money 2 days later.

HTH
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

vulcan107

• Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 17:09:01 PM »
Withdrew what I had left in Willi Hill on Sunday and it was in my bank via my bank card by the Weds.  

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 10:07:25 AM »

Thanks Paulie, I"ll look into this.

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 10:11:36 AM »
 BUT one thing you should check Ian is that you haven"t just withdrawn from poker a/c to the betting a/c. If so you still have another layer of withdrawals to make.

I didn"t even realise that I had a betting account as I never play anything but poker. I"ve had a rummage around within "My Account" and there"s no sign of it.

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 11:51:49 AM »
Not sure if its still an option on WH but they used to offer a cash withdrawal option at any WH shop.

You need to move funds to betting a/c and then there should be a "quick cash" withdrawal option(think used to be called this!!), you request withdrawal amount then it gives you a voucher to print out which you take into shop and weee cash straight into your sky!!

Like I say this was 2-3 years ago so unsure if still an option but worth having a look!!

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 21:45:13 PM »
Have you had the goods yet Ian?
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »

Have you had the goods yet Ian?

Just made a phone call and it went through on the 17th  :)