Author Topic: DTD hows the cash games there STT VERY SHORT BLIND TIME?  (Read 3737 times)

2make1whole

DTD hows the cash games there STT VERY SHORT BLIND TIME?
« on: February 12, 2008, 17:47:39 PM »
hi whats the cash games like at DTD is there a few tables playing most of the time to chose from?
i see it has sit n go`s STT BUT THE BLIND TIMES GO UP VERY FAST?every 7mins
with 10players does that even get you a single round of blinds before they go up?how fast are the dealers?have they got auto shufflers in table to speed things up

thank you

cant wait to go to DTD FOR 1ST TIME

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
Re: DTD hows the cash games there STT VERY SHORT BLIND TIME?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 18:33:33 PM »
There is normally a couple of NLHE cash tables running by 6.15 (normally .50/1 and a 1/2) by midnight there are normally 10 to 15 cash tables running, including omaha and dealers choice. The most popular table seems to be the 10/10 dealers choice game.

The STT"s are like super turbos, ive heard lots of people moan about the blind levels but the whole tournment still lasts over an hour start to finish. You probably only get 3 hands a level. You will hear the repeated "this is just a crap shoot". Personally i think you just have to adjust your game accordingly. Pick your spots and get your chips in.

Not had a bad dealer there yet, they all deal at a good speed and keep the action moving.

There are a couple of tables with auto shufflers but i have not seen them in use.

When you making your first visit? Be warned if you go deep in the main event its a late night!!!!!!!!

2make1whole

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 18:52:06 PM »
thank you for your reply and info on my question i agree with you have to adjust your game to the setting of the tournament you are in..
yes i know about it been a late night if you do well im hoping to go on SAT 8TH MARCH for my birthday to play in the £50+3 event and some cash tables aswell..

auto shufflers there but not in use thats rare you`d think they use them tables 1st

does the v.i.p room get used then?

thank you

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 22:23:19 PM »
I thought all the auto-shufflers had been removed.  Could be wrong though.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 01:31:19 AM »
That could be why i havent seen them in use, just heard the rumour they existed!

evilpie

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 01:52:36 AM »
I"ve played a few of the £20 + £2 stts and yes the blinds do go up alarmingly quick. I can understand that they have to get them finished in an hour or so though because at the end of the day the place is there not for our convenience but to make money. If DTD are only taking £20 total then they are barely making anything on these tables anyway.

I believe that on the higher buy in stts the levels are a bit slower. Not certain what they are but it"s all on their site.

One thing I"ll say about the stts is that they seem a good way to make a bit of money if you are a decent player. If you can maintain your discipline while all around you are shoving in desperation when they really don"t need to then I can"t see them being difficult to cash in.

In the three that I"ve played I managed to cash twice without hardly playing a hand. They seem a bit like internet poker so just don"t get dragged in and you"ll do well.

Cash games are excellent. Plenty of options, different games and different limits so there"s bound to be something that suits you. If you"re any good at omaha then I"d recommend the £1/£2 round of each (nlhe / pl omaha) table. Main reason is that at least 50% of the players think that a decent texas hand is just as good as an omaha hand. Take their money!!!!!

Good luck on the 8th. I"ll be there as well so not too much luck though  ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:51:32 AM by evilpie »