Author Topic: APAT ECOAP Main Event - Live Update  (Read 177532 times)

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT ECOAP Main Event - Live Update
« Reply #645 on: August 28, 2012, 22:35:59 PM »
Great few days. Thanks to all APAT members for making me feel so welcome :)

Also big thanks to DTD for being so hospitable, and running the tournaments so flawlessly. The best poker club in the country for sure.

Big congrats to:

Paul Gupta (seems to have been overlooked a little maybe?) in the Team Event, Suzanne in the 6-max, and of course Carl in the Main. And Team Ireland! edit: oops, and Wayne Smith in the 7-Card-Stud.

Looking forward to the next event I attend :) (just wish I could play! :)).
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

Claw75

• Silver Member
« Reply #646 on: August 28, 2012, 23:11:21 PM »
whee well done Carl!

ayresi

• Bronze Member
« Reply #647 on: August 28, 2012, 23:18:25 PM »

Echo whats already been said and what ive put on his FB.
Wanted him or our lad Colin to win, once he was out you had our full support.
Very well played from the Hetton/Sunderland/NE Team.

well done Carl + well done laddo Weelet  ;D
RUNNER UP IRISH ON-LINE OPEN 2012,RUNNER UP ECOAP/HU2012+ GENTINGS CHARITY GAME CHAMPION 2012 WEELETT + NPF TEAM CHAMPIONS 2012 AND TEAM CAPTAIN HETTON SOCIAL POKER 2013 2ND BINIONS CLASSIC 6-MAX 2013,English o/l winner 2015

CincinnatiKid

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #648 on: August 29, 2012, 18:04:22 PM »

Carl Pilgrim takes 1st place!

An APAT Gold Medal

A Genting Poker Series Seat!

An International Stadiums Poker Tour (ISPT) Seat!

£7,714

Read it just now. Congratulation Carl, great result and very well played. True APAT"er wins it !

Regards Achim
Follow my Poker Twitter @CINK1D
Follow my Horseracing Twitter @AG_CGN
Ex Team Lucky Squad
Captain Ex-Regional Team Europe
Member Ex-Regional Team East of England
Member Ex-Luton Poker Club

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #649 on: September 01, 2012, 09:21:10 AM »
A few things I"ll remember last weekend for:

- Carl. A very popular winner of the main event.

- Suzanne. Making an FT after getting so close several times and then winning the damn thing.

- Team event Gold medal, with Cashman the busiest person in the club, supplying chip updates. After a couple of ill-fated experiments, Ireland at last found another winning captain.

- Being J6"d. I had a pretty soft first table in the Main. In the hand in question, Tod Wood raised from the Hijack. Steve Redfern folded the Button, I folded SB, Andrew Duncan folded BB and Tod threw down the famous J6. Tod is 78% likely to have J6 in this situation and clearly one of the others should have 3-bet him.

- Matt Dale"s updates. Highly enjoyable. "They both do something on the river. Pete wins the pot." "Apologies. One of the hearts must have been a diamond." "Suz doubles to 1.1m! (I"d misunderestimated her stack in the previous hand)". "Big hand for Peter Thorpe (not Thorne as I may have previously written - can"t read my own writing".

And best of all: "Flop: 8s 2h 9s......Turn and River: 2h 9s"

Tighty could never match that. A star is born.

- Brendan getting unlucky. Brendan told me how he should have trebled-up, but got unlucky. Someone raised to 4k, Joey Williams called and Brendan found T7 suited, so shoved for 30k, hoping for folds and a nice pick-up. Instead, he got two calls - from KT and AQ. The Board was 66644 for a 3-way split.

- Elena. She deserves a thread all of her own. She started on the first day of the team event by calling Eck a donkey and accelerated from there. It wasn"t a heat-of-the-moment thing either, cos she explained to me later why he was a donkey for calling. Made sense to me. She then proceeded to gratuitously insult player after player for the remainder of the weekend. Deb Duncan sucked out on her twice and received a couple of barrels of Italian insults, with Elena then high-fiving her boyfriend when she knocked Deb out. There were several other incidents. Poor Luigi, also on the Italian team, grumbled that he was getting flak as a result - "I only met her for the first time two weeks ago and now I am being blamed for her. She insulted me as well". I have to say that I enjoyed her antics immensely, though I"m sure it was different on the receiving end. I hope she comes back.

- Nuno. Another colourful and emotional performance from the Portugese team. As last year, they brightened up proceedings, not least by their appearance, with Nuno again centre-stage. Once again, they thought nothing of chatting to each other in Portugese while hands were live which, I"m sure, was quite innocent but led to them being called out several times. We were hoping to see the dream main event heads-up of Luigi-Nuno, following their tete-a-tete in the team event. Even better, Elena-Nuno, as all three went deep. Elena moved to Button on Nuno"s BB at one point, which gave us hope of some entertainment but she was eliminated soon after, so we were teased but then denied and could only imagine what might have been.

- Grant. Did his bit to keep DTD in business. My memory is of him standing in a position bent so far forward that it seemed he would tip over, staring wide-eyed at the 6 max FT without moving a muscle for at least 5 minutes.

- The outfits. What can you say? They left something to be desired.

- The service. Very friendly but very slow. The girls were very chatty and smiley, which was great. Something was seriously wrong out back though, as the waiting times for food to be delivered were disastrous. Funnily enough, it didn"t seem so bad when the place was busy, though it wasn"t quick, but fell off the cliff late on, with waits of up to an hour.

- Wake-boarding. More like an hour"s swimming interspersed with 30-second bursts of boarding. It was great. Thanks Matt.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:30:28 AM by MintTrav »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013