Author Topic: Above the weighted average  (Read 85086 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: Above the weighted average
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 18:07:03 PM »

Just watching the Olympic parade through London and have this overwhelming feeling of pride for all of the athletes and the country as a whole. By God we are good at doing these things.

I assume that Yarm will look a little simliar when the APAT contingent arrive in a few weeks time ;D ;D ;D ;D

I would have thought so. God only knows what it will look like after though.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 18:19:24 PM »

Just watching the Olympic parade through London and have this overwhelming feeling of pride for all of the athletes and the country as a whole. By God we are good at doing these things.

I assume that Yarm will look a little simliar when the APAT contingent arrive in a few weeks time ;D ;D ;D ;D

I would have thought so. God only knows what it will look like after though.

I believe I have already covered that,

The clean-up of Yarm after the visit from the APAT contingent was looking like it could take some time.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 18:56:21 PM »
One word comes to mind.

Chernobyl.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 13:34:29 PM »
So a week on from the knee op, and the bandages are off to reveal a couple of steri-strips and see-through plasters which are nothing like as impressive/dramatic, so might have to put the bandages back on before wifey gets home! ;)

Went to G Luton last night and played good, but ran out of puff just before the bubble to finish 12/60 (8 got paid)  :( Surprisingly my  8h 8s no match for  Ad Ah meh!

Spoke to my cousin who lives in Heswall (about 10 miles from Chez Ger) and she has kindly offered to put Susiepea and I up for a couple of nights next weekend, so that"s that sorted. A 20 minute cab ride each way should surffice.

Pleased to see that KP has been left out of the England squad to tour India in 6 weeks time. He is a great player no doubt, but he is an even bigger twat and it will hopefully give a young english guy the opportunity to progress as well.

The BBC is also airing a programme on Radio 5live tonight @ 19.30 in which players who have come into contact with Pietersen give their views. Jason Gallian, ex England, Lancashire and Captain of Nottighamshire CCC when KP was playing there, is a personal friend of mine (we are both god father to a very close friends daughter) and I have a sneaking suspicion that his account tonight might not be the exact one he mentioned to me a few years back. It was along the lines of, "we have 2 teams here, Nottinghamshire and Pietersenshire". Ever the diplomat our Jace. :o

Good day to you all  :-*
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 13:59:25 PM »

Spoke to my cousin who lives in Heswall (about 10 miles from Chez Ger) and she has kindly offered to put Susiepea and I up for a couple of nights next weekend, so that"s that sorted. A 20 minute cab ride each way should surffice.

Yeah, and the rest! Looking at about 30 mins dependent on Motorway traffic and 15 miles each way.

[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 14:09:26 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9oae5ClxaQ

I"m just guessing, but I bet he can play Wonderwall as well ::) ::)
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 14:16:45 PM »
Hope the knee mends well.. You could all ways use one of those wheelchair thingy ma jigs I hear they make life a little easier if your a bit dodgy on the old pegs! Good luck with the diet aswell, but don"t over do it.. Curliittle doesn"t have the same appeal as Curlarge  ;D
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 20:03:19 PM »

Hope the knee mends well.. You could all ways use one of those wheelchair thingy ma jigs I hear they make life a little easier if your a bit dodgy on the old pegs! Good luck with the diet aswell, but don"t over do it.. Curliittle doesn"t have the same appeal as Curlarge  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D
APAT Season 6 statistics

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 16:44:00 PM »
Watched the oddest and disturbing documentary film on Netflix last night called "Bridge".

Basically someone has set a number of cameras up around the Golden Gate Bridge with the express aim of capturing people committing suicide off of it :o :o

You see about half a dozen people do it and then they interview freinds and family to try and understand why they did it.

Couldn"t make up my mind if it was sick or sad while I was watching it, but in the cold light of day I"ve come down on the side of sick. I can"t quite believe the censors let this through. Shivers ftw :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:23:56 AM by Curlarge »
APAT Season 6 statistics

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 14:50:28 PM »
Up at the crack of Pebble Mill once again courtesy of later night pokerings and Netflix (Jennifer Anniston is sooooo hot).

Prolly gonna go up to Genting Luton tonight as they have Day 1a of a 25k stack, 2 day event for £135 on tonight. Haven"t been there before, infact I didn"t even know it was there until this week, but reports are favourable.

Spoke to the gardener yesterday and he was discussing "putting the garden to bed for winter". It only just got up FFS, but it"s looking better than it was last year.

Looking at a car, getting a haircut and popping into a fab indian deli (or are they Mumbai"s now!!!) in Southall to pick up tomorrow night"s chow, tomorrow morning. The smell in this place is unbelievable and they do the best veggie curry and tandoori fish to take away imaginable :P :P :P :P :P :P and healthy too :P :P
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:39:17 AM by Curlarge »
APAT Season 6 statistics

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 09:25:50 AM »
As mentioned yesterday, I went to Genting Luton last night for the deepstack tourney day 1a. 25k chips and 40 min clock attracted around 45 runners some of which took advantage of the 1 re-entry allowed to provide 58 entries.

In the first 3 levels I only played about 5 hands in total, winning them all. Most notable was the following.

There are 4 limpers @ 100/200 so I limp as well with  Jc  Qc and it gets back to the BB who open shoves his final 1600. He"d tried to bully a couple of times and come second best on both occasions previously, hence his small holding. UTG calls, as does 1 other so I call for value and so does the guy behind me, so we are 5 way.

The flop comes  6c  2d  7c. UTG checks, and Edna ( a Luton regular and ex Late Night Poker Veteran) bets 6k into a pot of about 7k. Hmmmmmm. Well I decide that as I have called the shove for value, this is about as good a flop as I could hope for, so I call. Worryingly the guy behind me also calls and it gets back to UTG who folds.

The turn brings  8c and Edna insta shoves all in, her remaining 22k. Well I feel I have to call, which I do, but I am a little wary of a bigger flush. The guy behind me now tanks, but eventually folds showing  6h  7s and we flip them over. Edna shows  8s  8d for top set and says I hope you don" have a flush, but I show her the bad news and the river bring no help for her. The shover had nothing, so I pick up a very nice 57k pot and am chip leader.

I get moved for the next 5 levels to a very friendly table and managed to get a couple of good hands against a Chinese guy where my better Ace out kicks him twice for a gain overall of about 25k and at the end of level 8 I have 87k.

Now I get moved to a very agro table of decent stacks and things get quiet tricky. I bide my time once again and look for spots which are very thin on the ground. The chip leader here has 200k and is a bit pissed and subsequently is chucking them around "chief scout stylee". The main hand was as follows.

I limp UTG for 1600 with  Kc 10c. There is a raise to 4200 and he gets 2 callers, so, again I call for value. Pot about 20k already. Flop comes  Kd  Kh  7c. I check, as I had done many times before, allowing the agro merchants to do the betting for me. Surprisingly everyone checks. Turn is  4s. Again I check my set and so does everyone else. WTF is going on here. The river is  7s. I bet 4800 and the guy to my left calls. It folds to the semi drunk guy who raises to 11k. I have a think and re-pop it to 26k. The caller folds and the drunk guy pays me off showing  7h for a worse full house. Pot was about 80k and at the end of the night I am upto 127,800.

The blinds when we come back on Sunday will be  1k/2k/200.

Got home feeling that the old Curlarge was coming back and I played about as well as I have done for a while and really enjoyed it in a pretty tough field, so fingers crossed.
APAT Season 6 statistics

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 13:52:10 PM »

Watched the oddest and disturbing documentary film on Netflix last night called "Bridge".

Basically someone has set a number of cameras up around the Golden Gate Bridge with the express aim of capturing people committing suicide off of it :o :o

You see about half a dozen people do it and then they interview freinds and family to try and understand why they did it.

Couldn"t make up my mind if it was sick or sad while I was watching it, but in the cold light of day I"ve come down on the side of sick. I can"t quite believe the censors let this through. Shivers ftw :-\ :-\

On the same subject of Netflix go to search and type in Bais Moi watched this movie after a friend told me about it being a twist on Thelma and Loiuse lol.. I can"t believe how censors passed this either!??
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 14:47:57 PM »
Will be back to Genting Luton later this afternoon for the final day of the September £125 deepstack. Blinds will be 1k/2k/200 and we have 33 returning with an average stack around 70k. I have 127k. Should be fun.
APAT Season 6 statistics

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 15:01:24 PM »

On the same subject of Netflix go to search and type in Bais Moi watched this movie after a friend told me about it being a twist on Thelma and Loiuse lol.. I can"t believe how censors passed this either!??

I don"t like "odd" films/documentaries but I"ll have a quick peek and see :o
APAT Season 6 statistics

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 15:09:30 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS-0RQUIoz4[/youtube]

[Mod edit] fixed
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 15:54:56 PM by Paulie_D »
APAT Season 6 statistics