Author Topic: Wales 'A' Team For Home Internationals in Stoke  (Read 11310 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Wales 'A' Team For Home Internationals in Stoke
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 17:31:12 PM »

Despite a number lot of requests, I refuse to ban Mr Roderick.

FYP

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 10:53:42 AM »
The hour is close now. See you all tomorrow. Only one way to sign off this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtCOprRDUm8

The old Land of my Fathers
Is dear to me
Land of poets and singers
Famous men of renown
Her Brave Warriors
Very splendid patriots
For Freedom Shed Their Blood
My Nation,
I am true to my Nation
While the sea is a wall
To the pure most loved land
O may the old language endure
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

DodgyEnd (Tom APAT.be)

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Belgium
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
Good luck Team Wales!!!!
APAT Belgium

Bwin: Kayden2012 --- Pokerstars: DodgyEnd
Captain of Team Belgium (silver medal ECOAP 2013)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »

Good luck Team Wales!!!!

You should have applied for this mate, plenty more to come though.

DodgyEnd (Tom APAT.be)

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Belgium
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 13:00:34 PM »
I"m not from Wales; I"m from Belgium... But somehow I"ve always been a fan of Wales... It started with being of a football fan (fan of Giggs, Hughes, Saunders, Rush, ...) and I used to have a girlfriend who was born there. Haven"t been to Wales yet though but I hope to get there one time soon. So that"s the reason why I chose to play for Team Wales in the Online League.

But I"m almost certainly attending the WCOAP so if it"s allowed for me to apply for a spot on the team, I will certainly do so!!!
APAT Belgium

Supernova

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 20:39:09 PM »

The hour is close now. See you all tomorrow. Only one way to sign off this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtCOprRDUm8

The old Land of my Fathers
Is dear to me
Land of poets and singers
Famous men of renown
Her Brave Warriors
Very splendid patriots
For Freedom Shed Their Blood
My Nation,
I am true to my Nation
While the sea is a wall
To the pure most loved land
O may the old language endure

See you tomorrow Rodders, I can"t get on youtube but I"m assuming this is your favourite Karaoke song Men of Harlech?
APAT UK Team Championships 2011 18th
APAT Welsh Championships 2012 13th
APAT European 2012 6max 3rd Bronze Medal
APAT Home Internationals 2012 Omaha S/E 3rd
APAT WCOAP 2013 Stud S/E 14th
APAT WCOAP 2013 H.O.R.S.E S/E 7th
APAT English Championship 2013 3rd Bronze Medal

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »
Thanks for the opportunity Steve to play in the team event. I really enjoyed the event despite the disappointing result. Well played to yourself and all other team members. I am looking forward ( if selected) to next year already.  

nyerun

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 12:30:45 PM »
I"d like to say the same Steve, thanks for the opportunity and I hope I won"t be too far off the team next year!
Silver Medal- Online National League 2009 (Manchester)

DodgyEnd (Tom APAT.be)

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Belgium
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 13:24:14 PM »
Well guys, you can"t win "em all... so Wales will be back on top next time.
APAT Belgium

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 13:54:07 PM »
Hi Guy"s (both Welsh Teams)

This post is my honest thoughts not just the post that you are suppose to put up after one of these.

Just want to say the commitment and determination from both Welsh teams was beyond anything that anybody could have expected or asked for - thank you.

Wales A. Mike and Steve both grinded the STT"s and picked up the points I knew they both would, they both ran bad in the MTT at really important times otherwise it would have been a different result. Aneurin put in a great performance in both sitngo"s but did not run well either, he was playing the MTT really well but I had to tell him to change gears, which he duly did and got really unlucky again. Sian also picked up good points in the STT"s and then ran deep in the MTT to be the top points scorer in either Welsh team, fantastic achievement when you consider the players involved. Was great being a part of the team.

Although I am over the moon with the A teams effort and performance the B team also deserve a mention. Both Rudders are two of the best players in APAT and people who have my total respect as players and people, they will be back in action for Wales soon I have no doubt and will be winning more medals. Gary is a great player who I think does not always get the credit he deserves (which is a lot, and I mean A LOT). He certainly justified his selection as Welsh captain in this event and I doubt it will be the last time we see him in the Red shirt representing Wales. Warren Jones and Darren Shallis are two more of the best all round players you will come across, if they were not Welsh they would have represented their team in numerous other team events recently and would walk into almost any other team. They both proved this in both the Home Nations and the events this weekend. The standard of players in this area is amazing. Well played to all of you.

Both teams, it was a great performance. We all know you need that little bit of luck at the right time in poker and I think we can honestly say we did not get it in this event (last year we did so we can"t complain). The event was still a great one and I hope you all get places in the teams next year should you wish to play it. I loved being Welsh captain for the second year in a row, it was a great honor, next year it will be time to give somebody else the chance as there is no shortage of great candidates.

Thank you all again.

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 18:45:18 PM »
Steve,

After your honest appraisal of the event, thought it appropriate that somebody should sing your praises -

Your enthusiasm both in the lead up and during the event was very infectious.

Also you were also very unlucky to go out of the MTT, with AJ all in against A9.  Had the better hand held I am sure you would have been well positioned to go very deep.

Your abilities as captain will be well missed.

SianJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 20:56:28 PM »
Did originally post this on Facebook on Saturday but will paste it here cuz I don"t think you seen.

I would like to thank Steve and Gary for giving me an opportunity to play for Wales. I really enjoyed it and was proud to be playing for the team, such an honour, thanks again x x. Defo best poker event I"ve played to date and don"t think much will top this. As the rookie and 1st female to play for Wales I hope I did enough for my team (I did my very best for sure) and hope I"ve left a good impression for more females to represent Wales in the future. Was little disappointed in 1st round but I will learn from it. I know we didn"t win but we did our best in my opinion and that"s all that counts. We had an awesome team and did Wales proud. Thanks to Leigh and Des too obviously. ;) . Good work guys. Cymru am Byth!

Outlander

• Silver Member
  • aka holdmnweep on 888
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 12:57:38 PM »
Thnx Steve and Gary for the pick, enjoyed the tournament immensely. Privilege to meet Sian and Aneurin for the first time and be part of a great team with Mike and Rodders as well. Shame about the result but felt it was a good effort with everyone contributing to the cause. Had a few races gone differently it could have been an entirely different scenario.... but congrats to Scotland B, very worthy winners.