Author Topic: Pokerstars.fr  (Read 56059 times)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Pokerstars.fr
« on: November 06, 2012, 14:55:18 PM »
Does anyone play on Pokerstars.fr?

Heard lots of good things and a glance at the MTT"s - seems like a decent set of <20euro comps.

Rake seems high at 12% and they rake rebuys (WTF?!). Is it worth it?

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Re: Pokerstars.fr
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 15:00:29 PM »

Heard lots of good things and a glance at the MTT"s - seems like a decent set of <20euro comps.

Davie Blacklaw (ForthThistle) loves it  ;)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 15:02:21 PM »
Actually getting money onto it sounds like hard work but apparently the competition is pretty soft. I just can"t be bothered to go through all the hassle of depositing.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 15:55:45 PM »
Im not sure it is hard work, I downloaded the client from the .fr site and you can just deposit and then, hey presto, your away.

I think you have to verify your account in 30 days or something?

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 01:26:55 AM »

Im not sure it is hard work, I downloaded the client from the .fr site and you can just deposit and then, hey presto, your away.

I think you have to verify your account in 30 days or something?

I can"t remember being able to play real money right away, but I did leave it a while between regging and depositing. Not difficult though, usual verification docs - including a bank statement with your address from the account you"ll use to fund the site. That was a hassle as I don"t get statements sent through, but the only one.

For the games and stakes you play - epic. Standard is definitely lower than .com (especially PLO) - a number of my mates swear by it.

Just don"t play cash, the rake is astronomical (even worse than them having to rake rebuys). More than enough FOs around.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 00:55:32 AM »
A bit of hassle making first deposits, but nothing that should put you off.

I love the tourneys on there. The sunday major is a 2 dayer that finishes about 1.30am for the first day (ideal for those that work on monday)

The sattys are pretty soft as well
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AlanG

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 17:11:53 PM »

I joined it a month or so ago, and found it worth it.  There is definitely more red tape than usual - you need to send a few ID documents which means a few days delay until you can play but nothing particularly tough, especially if you have a scanner.

I am told that cash game rakes make them almost unbeatable (not my scene anyway), but the MTTs are good.  Simply a much softer version of the US Stars site, with similar quality software.  As well as more idiot calls and pushes, 3-bets are much less frequent - it is like going back in time a few years!  There are much fewer tournaments, as you would expect, and only occasional very big games - just one Million so far, I think.  Big games are often run as multi-day.

I get the impression that it will get steadily stronger - I am recognising more reg names every day - so get on there soon while it is still good value!