Author Topic: Ransom Demand  (Read 37146 times)

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
Re: Ransom Demand
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 23:08:31 PM »

IP address information for sale... ;)

The ransom would probably be cheaper to pay ;-)

Damn, I should have really quoted saying ...

sooooooooooon
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

NellieG

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 01:03:32 AM »
The last time I saw that medal was when Lucy was stuffing it down her bra!

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 09:48:42 AM »
I think a new picture of the medal is in order.  Just to prove it"s still alive and unharmed.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 10:50:25 AM »
Read this

The last time I saw that medal was when Lucy was stuffing it down her bra!

Started reading this, thinking Laxie you legend, what a great idea

I think a new picture of the medal is in order.  Just to prove it"s still alive and unharmed.

Then realised Laxie wasn"t linking the two together at all.  :(

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 12:04:28 PM »
Are we sure the medal has actually been kidnapped? I mean how do we know it has not just run away? Let"s look at this from the medals point of view.

You are one of 5 silver medals who are given to people to be looked after. Three of the new owners immediately take their medals home to keep them safe and warm. One other person proudly shows his new medal to a few people before taking ti back to the hotel room where it will be safe. What does your new owner do?

Heads straight to the nearest bar and down some unknown number of pints and other scary substances that most normal people have never even heard of, clearly he is a bad person, whilst giving you to somebody else to look after. Said other person then loses you after putting you through the above trauma mentioned by Nellie, and you are rescued by a nice person who looks after you for the rest of the weekend without ever losing you!

What would you do if you were the medal? I think the medal is just pretending to have been kidnapped whilst in reality sitting there thinking how good it runs.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »
Hmmmmmm, Rodders raises a good point!
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 12:56:17 PM »

Are we sure the medal has actually been kidnapped? I mean how do we know it has not just run away? Let"s look at this from the medals point of view.

You are one of 5 silver medals who are given to people to be looked after. Three of the new owners immediately take their medals home to keep them safe and warm. One other person proudly shows his new medal to a few people before taking ti back to the hotel room where it will be safe. What does your new owner do?

Heads straight to the nearest bar and down some unknown number of pints and other scary substances that most normal people have never even heard of, clearly he is a bad person, whilst giving you to somebody else to look after. Said other person then loses you after putting you through the above trauma mentioned by Nellie, and you are rescued by a nice person who looks after you for the rest of the weekend without ever losing you!

What would you do if you were the medal? I think the medal is just pretending to have been kidnapped whilst in reality sitting there thinking how good it runs.

Probably inappropriate for me to query the trauma involved given my relationship with "said other person", but as an outsider I"d say there was no trauma involved.
As for "said other person" losing the medal, I believe warnings were given to the owner about "said other person"s" capabilities for the task and she was absolved of all responsibility. Frankly, I wouldn"t trust "said other person" with my bus fare home in such circumstances, let alone a priceless silver medal only recently acquired through the medium of poker.
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 14:53:47 PM »
All is in hand, I have started looking for the A Team. (and not one of the international teams before anyone starts!)

England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 17:33:31 PM »

All is in hand, I have started looking for the A Team. (and not one of the international teams before anyone starts!)

Damn!!! Was gonna say don"t bother with England A cos they went missing. ;)

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2012, 19:40:47 PM »
Myself and a backer have figured out that if we buy it now, the seller has to pay a £75 sellers fee. Regardless of if i have the money i believe?
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 19:41:48 PM »

Myself and a backer have figured out that if we buy it now, the seller has to pay a £75 sellers fee. Regardless of if i have the money i believe?

I suspect that the seller.. after this weekend... doesn"t give a flying feck  ;D x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

NellieG

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 22:00:35 PM »

I suspect that the seller.. after this weekend... doesn"t give a flying feck  ;D x

hahahaha

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017