Author Topic: EoE Untouchables-online cup-week 1  (Read 27431 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: EoE Untouchables-online cup-week 1
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 22:57:46 PM »

6th is a great start.

It is clearly more important to pack as many people into this tournament as possible than to finish high up the leaderboard, given the scoring system.  I think we MUST make sure that everybody registers, even if they don"t play, because the points from all four scorers are critical.  Small differences could have had an enormous effect.

For example, by the time the final table started, even if Jo & I had finished 1-2, the best possible team finish we could have achieved is to be equal 4th!  One team had three final tablers and were way out front, but just say their 4th best finisher had been 138th instead of 38th, they"d have only been 7th overall.  Despite having two on the final table (and finishing 2nd & 7th), we actually finished behind 4 teams whose best finishers came 16th, 17th, 14th and 15th respectively, with their second scorers at best 22nd, and third scorers some way behind them.

Just as an example, if our 4th best finisher (who finished 93rd) had come just 10 places high in 83rd place, the team would have been in third place instead.  Just to be clear, i"m not saying that he should have done that or anything like that, just wondering out loud whether or not clinging on for dear life might be a good strategy in future games that may become 5+ hour nit-fests.  Or should everybody just go for it?

#1:   3rd, 4th, 10th, 38th
#2:   16th, 24th, 25th, 64th
#3:   17th, 29th, 35th, 57th
#4:   14th, 31st, 34th, 63rd
#5:   15th, 22nd, 39th, 69th
#6:   2nd, 7th, 46th, 93rd

My head hurts just reading that Stewart, and I love the stats.  Mucho respect for working through scenarios.   Love it.

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 23:43:53 PM »

6th is a great start.

It is clearly more important to pack as many people into this tournament as possible than to finish high up the leaderboard, given the scoring system.  I think we MUST make sure that everybody registers, even if they don"t play, because the points from all four scorers are critical.  Small differences could have had an enormous effect.

For example, by the time the final table started, even if Jo & I had finished 1-2, the best possible team finish we could have achieved is to be equal 4th!  One team had three final tablers and were way out front, but just say their 4th best finisher had been 138th instead of 38th, they"d have only been 7th overall.  Despite having two on the final table (and finishing 2nd & 7th), we actually finished behind 4 teams whose best finishers came 16th, 17th, 14th and 15th respectively, with their second scorers at best 22nd, and third scorers some way behind them.

Just as an example, if our 4th best finisher (who finished 93rd) had come just 10 places high in 83rd place, the team would have been in third place instead.  Just to be clear, i"m not saying that he should have done that or anything like that, just wondering out loud whether or not clinging on for dear life might be a good strategy in future games that may become 5+ hour nit-fests.  Or should everybody just go for it?

#1:   3rd, 4th, 10th, 38th
#2:   16th, 24th, 25th, 64th
#3:   17th, 29th, 35th, 57th
#4:   14th, 31st, 34th, 63rd
#5:   15th, 22nd, 39th, 69th
#6:   2nd, 7th, 46th, 93rd

I think I saw you on TV the other night.......... You are Brian cox aren"t you?  ???

(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

chip-collector

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2013, 00:00:32 AM »
awesome start by EoE first week of NAT"team cup...started off at first table with""the NINJA"", and those pair of 9"s certainly started the run you had..well done for getting to final table Jo"..and unreal to get 3 guys on final table ..awesome result..i know i live in EoE..., but just fantastic standard over this side of the country to give anybody a run for there money...still dont know how i managed to go down to 435 chips after my 3rd pr of AA "s got busted...and yet crawled back to finish 27th , so im chuffed at my result against such strong players...looking forward to next week..lets just hope all u guys dont av so much of a good run...but joking aside awesome display by the team..and i hope to play along side you guys one day..
all the best

Col16  ... the chip-collector  8)

josharp01

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2013, 09:38:51 AM »
Wow!!!   :o

Awesome stats Stuart! Thanks for the insight! Hoping other Stu will definitely join us this week and possibly Andy too!

I"m sure I speak for all of us when I say we would LOVE to see EoE Utopia in the knockout stages too!

VWP Col, amazing comeback!

See you all at the tables!!!

Jo  9s  9d
2013 WCOAP Razz Champion "Jangle Jangle" :)

Proud Captain of Scotland "A" team-Home Int Champs 2012 :)

Captain of S6 East of England Team :)
APAT UK Online Champion 2011
Proud member of former Team Luton :D
NinjaJoJo on APAT Poker

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »

awesome start by EoE first week of NAT"team cup...started off at first table with""the NINJA"", and those pair of 9"s certainly started the run you had..well done for getting to final table Jo"..and unreal to get 3 guys on final table ..awesome result..i know i live in EoE..., but just fantastic standard over this side of the country to give anybody a run for there money...still dont know how i managed to go down to 435 chips after my 3rd pr of AA "s got busted...and yet crawled back to finish 27th , so im chuffed at my result against such strong players...looking forward to next week..lets just hope all u guys dont av so much of a good run...but joking aside awesome display by the team..and i hope to play along side you guys one day..
all the best

Hi Colin,

Good to see you enjoying the APAT experience, hope to see you at some of the live events over the next couple of seasons aswell..

Hope you can get time to play the national online leauge which will start again in season 7 for EOE, a great tournament with some fantastic added value..

Where in the EOE do you hail from?.. Your excused if your from Norwich ( dunno about Simon.. Luton FTW  ;D ). If your a regular EOE player..

Carl
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

chip-collector

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2013, 15:34:53 PM »
hi carl  :)

i hail from peterborough ..so probably 1 to 2 hrs from everywhere on average..and im hoping to get involed with season 7 as much as possible...and ive been lucky from my area as someone belives ive got a strong game to back me...:)

i will be in high roller event and main event at DTD at end of march, as nottingham only 1hr from me, so we live down at DTD on a regular basis..

so yeah really looking forward to meeting up with you guys/girls and not to out"do anybodies postion within national team postions..but gona be a strong personal goal and challenge to contend for a team spot,to play in EoE squad and national team...
looking at standard so far , all is in good hands..but im hungry and i"ll be pressing in the wings for anyone that slips up..
and ive been made to feel welcome since joining site"..so im sure im going to become part of the furniture..

so may all your heart beats get alot faster and all ur ships be profitable ones  :D

col16   = aka the"" chip -collector""

josharp01

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2013, 15:51:53 PM »

hi carl  :)

i hail from peterborough ..so probably 1 to 2 hrs from everywhere on average..and im hoping to get involed with season 7 as much as possible...and ive been lucky from my area as someone belives ive got a strong game to back me...:)

i will be in high roller event and main event at DTD at end of march, as nottingham only 1hr from me, so we live down at DTD on a regular basis..

so yeah really looking forward to meeting up with you guys/girls and not to out"do anybodies postion within national team postions..but gona be a strong personal goal and challenge to contend for a team spot,to play in EoE squad and national team...
looking at standard so far , all is in good hands..but im hungry and i"ll be pressing in the wings for anyone that slips up..
and ive been made to feel welcome since joining site"..so im sure im going to become part of the furniture..

so may all your heart beats get alot faster and all ur ships be profitable ones  :D

col16   = aka the"" chip -collector""

Not so far from all of us......I am just down between Peterborough and Huntingdon!

Will probably meet you at DTD!

Run well!

Jo
2013 WCOAP Razz Champion "Jangle Jangle" :)

Proud Captain of Scotland "A" team-Home Int Champs 2012 :)

Captain of S6 East of England Team :)
APAT UK Online Champion 2011
Proud member of former Team Luton :D
NinjaJoJo on APAT Poker

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2013, 21:36:08 PM »
Me and Colin have exchanged a few pm"s already, so he"s well in with EOE with everyone already - a great recruit!

I live in Werrington Colin, and we ensure we met up in DTD at the Worlds
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2013, 22:10:44 PM »

all the best

Hi Colin,

Good to see you enjoying the APAT experience, hope to see you at some of the live events over the next couple of seasons aswell..

Hope you can get time to play the national online leauge which will start again in season 7 for EOE, a great tournament with some fantastic added value..

Where in the EOE do you hail from?.. Your excused if your from Norwich ( dunno about Simon.. Luton FTW  ;D ). If your a regular EOE player..

Carl

Oi Pilgrim, behave yerself!
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

chip-collector

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2013, 04:03:25 AM »
thats spooky warren...

im about to move back to werrington....:)