Author Topic: The Joker in Vegas  (Read 84834 times)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: The Joker in Vegas
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 16:25:14 PM »
I love Vegas blogs, looking forward to following this. Best of luck Joe.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 16:27:16 PM »
Good luck Joe, smash it up :)
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 18:01:23 PM »
If you win it all, I"ve currently got a stake thread going that you might be interested in.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 19:06:26 PM »
All the best Joe
Bring back the bacon
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 19:34:43 PM »
TID Joe....glgl mate and enjoy

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 19:51:18 PM »

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 20:47:09 PM »

It"s 11.45am now. Almost time to get going. I"ll get back to you later today.

Okay.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Supernova

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 21:58:01 PM »

Very best of luck mate. Don"t forget, if you win more than $5,000,000 we are free-rolling the one drop next year!!!!! ;D ;D

Big smile at this. It was great to finally meet you at the weekend Joe & I wish you much luck & run good Sir.

Good luck us!!!  ;D
APAT UK Team Championships 2011 18th
APAT Welsh Championships 2012 13th
APAT European 2012 6max 3rd Bronze Medal
APAT Home Internationals 2012 Omaha S/E 3rd
APAT WCOAP 2013 Stud S/E 14th
APAT WCOAP 2013 H.O.R.S.E S/E 7th
APAT English Championship 2013 3rd Bronze Medal

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 22:21:03 PM »
First two levels. I manage to lose a few hundred with 88 on the first hand. Called a re-raise, which was a bit loose. Later, I raise with AQ and get two callers. Flop is AQ6. SB checks, I check, the button bets, call, I raise and only the SB calls. Turn is a king and the SB checks very quickly. Realised once he called my turn bet that he probably had AK. Ten on the river, so check, check, and he does have AK.

I then lose a few more chips to the same bloke with AQ again when the flop comes ace high but with three spades. There"s a spade on the river too and I have to fold. He shows the jack of spades. He wins quite a big pot off someone else with the same fourth spade on the river s**t later on. My first winning hand (it took a while!) was when the cutoff raises, the button re-raises, and I push my 2k in the middle with AK. They both fold, but from what the button said I think he may have had QQ.

I then win some of my chips back from the lucky bloke when I raise with 77 and he calls along with one other. Flop is AT9 and I c-bet to rep the ace, lucky bloke calls and the other bloke folds. The turn is an 8 giving me ropey straight draw. I almost check, but decide I have to show strength. I bet, he folds. A pretty dead half hour before the break. I raise once with AK and everyone folds. So I"ve had AK twice and AQ twice, but not much else. I think we are playing eight levels today with no dinner break, so we will be done by 10pm. Unusual.

A sad lack of banter at the table. What"s wrong with everyone? Anyone would think it was some really big important tournament.  ;)

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 00:42:13 AM »
Next two levels. I finally get a hand: KK UTG. I raise, and luckily the button re-raises. I go all in and he calls with TT. Flop 666 and the turn a king. Nice. Up to about 4600.

Then nothing for ages. I decide to raise UTG with T9s, which was obviously very dodgy, and despite not having played a hand for over half an hour, I get three callers! Flop is QQ9. I probably should have bet, but didn"t fancy the chances of getting through three players, especially as one of them is "lucky twat" (LT from now on). It gets checked round. The turn is a ten, and we have three diamonds. I bet 1100 and LT calls. The river is a king and I bottle out and check and he puts me all in. I fold and so go down to about 2300. Very annoying, especially as the very next hand I get AK. Button raises, I push and he folds.

I raise late with AJ and the BB pushes, and I fold (nearly called). Then the very last hand before the second break, I"m in the SB and there"s a weird thing where everyone"s folding and I"m thinking about stealing with my QcJc, when suddenly UTG has raised to 350. Everyone had folded without allowing him to act. So I decide to make a loose call, and the BB calls too. Flop is 887 with two clubs. F**k it. I go all in with my last 1975 chips. The BB folds and the UTG raiser looks annoyed, but calls anyway with TT. Club on turn. Get in! Back up to 5k.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 00:59:51 AM »
Go Joe go! GL mate :-)

(lol"d hard at LT)
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 02:58:18 AM »
Levels 5 and 6. Absolutely card dead. Got away with a couple of steals, so after two hours of pain I still have about 4400, but it"s double up or leave time! I think the average is about 9k.

By the way, if you were wondering what happened to LT, he got very unlucky, for once. He called a raise out of position, they checked a flop of A94, the turn is a 2 and he check-raises the turn bet, and then the river is an ace, all the chips go in and LT has 53 for the straight, but the other bloke has A9 for the nuts!

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 05:34:11 AM »
Levels 7 and 8. I finally got a hand in the first 20 minutes. QQ in the BB. There was a raise, then a call, so I push in my 5k and the caller calls me. He has 99, and about an hour earlier he had 99 against QQ and hit a nine, so there was some banter about that, but the queens held up. With the other blokes chips I was up to about 12k, and then I won a smaller pot against the loose bloke, and so reached my peak of 14k. I was again card dead for the last 90 minutes and lost chips a few times when calling min-raises in the BB. The annoying hand was towards the end when a new player min-raised and I called in the SB with JT (I know, I know!). The BB called too, and we saw a flop of A95, all clubs. I had the jack of clubs. I check called the flop, and then led out for 3200 on the turn of Qh. She pushed all in. I folded, even though I only had 6k behind. I should have pushed the turn, although I sense she might have been miles ahead. All very poor. Anyway, I made it to the end of level 8, and so will be playing Day 2 tomorrow. On our return, blinds will be 300/600/75, so basically I"m in push mode with my 6775 chips. There is some Brit on the Final Table tomorrow, so if I go out quickly I might have to rail him. Sounds like it will be messy!

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 08:09:52 AM »
Loving the detail and playing every hand with you. Best of luck for day two.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 09:02:44 AM »
Well done Joe, hers hoping for some run good tomorrow.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.