Author Topic: CrizzyConnor  (Read 3409 times)

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
CrizzyConnor
« on: May 06, 2008, 00:08:40 AM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?

Chris O"Connor

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

There"s one on the player photos from Scottish national at the weekend but don"t know how to get it here, I look pretty miserable in it anyway, lol... I was the guy with the Mohican-ish haircut...

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Clydebank, Glasgow

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

I"m 22 this month. I"m currently studying marketing at uni... I also run my own club night in Glasgow and am a booking agent organising tours and gigs for some relatively big dance DJs/acts.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

Lots of friends have played it for a couple of years and I was always intrigued but could never get my head around it. I was in Las Vegas last July and one night the missus was sleeping they were showing re-runs of old WSOP"s on ESPN and I got sucked in by Phil Helmuth and Mike Matusow"s rants at other players... watched about three or four hours straight and got to know the basic rules and it snowballed VERY quickly from there...

Started playing online when I got home and lost A LOT... I couldn"t play at really small stakes even when I was learning as I figured I wouldn"t really learn unless it hurt me and I HAD to learn... It worked relatively well I think despite losing me a bit of money.

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

You decide.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?

Phil Helmuth and Mike Matusow because if it wasn't for them being so entertaining I wouldn't be playing poker in the first place. I also really like Kenny Tran and Andy Black.

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?

Full Tilt almost 100% of the time these days, username is CrizzyConnor. Joined Blue Square for APAT satellites though.

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

Got to the second day of the APAT Scottish National at the weekend, was first out in the second day though (think 22nd or 23rd place?). Online had a few $400/$500 cashes, nothing massive though. Won or cashed in my local tournament at the Gala Merchant City quite a lot. Oh and got to heads up for a $2,000 WSOP seat on Full Tilt but lost out so don't suppose that's an achievement.

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

Not sure.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?

Poker Player magazine.

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?

Love the blind structure and the amount of play you get - plenty of bang for your buck. Standard of play was good. Was a welcome change to be playing against some decent players as opposed to some of the bingo callers who frequent the Gala Merchant City.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

Scottish National at the weekend is my first but definitely wont be my last. Just being a part of what felt like a big and prestigious event made it memorable and the atmosphere was great.

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?

Music, DJing, going out clubbing, watching boxing, football and travelling the world. I travel quite a lot and it's probably my biggest hobby - already been in Dubai, New Zealand and Paris this year and off to Barcelona next month.

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?

Book - Freakonomics was quite good, only just finished it this weekend.
Film - Elf. Will Ferrell at his best IMO.

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

Daft Punk - Homework or Chemical Brothers - We Are The Night
The Eagles - Very Best of...
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

Was a pleasure meeting you all in Edinburgh and if any of you see me at future events say hello!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 09:27:10 AM by lukybugur »
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Re: CrizzyConnor
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 08:16:24 AM »
I was the guy with the Mohican-ish haircut...

I suspect this is your photo then Crizzy ... ?

I look forward to meeting you in Edinburgh next Saturday (assuming you"re gonna make it?)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:19:02 AM by lukybugur »

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 08:32:17 AM »
Hi Chris, I thought i recognised you on saturday!

Im from Clydebank too, well the sunny Drum now. It is prob the Gala Merchant though that i have seen you, although i reckon thats the first time i seen u rockin the mohican!  ;D

I was out 25th on the sat night just missed out on day 2. Well done for making the second day.

Prob see you in edinburgh on the 17th, if not before at the Merchant  8)
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 02:20:06 AM »
Yeah that"s me in the pic!

I"m planning on attending the regionals on the 17th so should see you all then...

Yeah Billy you"ve probably saw me in the Merchant although i"ve not been there a lot recently, I"ve had my mohican for nearly 2yrs though so unless it"s been a hat day it"s been rockin in full effect. I"m originally from Sunny Drumchapel myself, well when I was a kid I stayed in Bankirk (sp?) but there"s no such street anymore as it"s all knocked down with St Pias Chappel standing alone in the middle of some fields. lol.

I"m in Dalmuir now though, have been for years... Probably see you at the regionals on the 17th, doubt i"ll be out at the Merchant before then due to Uni Exams but you never know  :D
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist