Author Topic: WCOAP staking... with a difference  (Read 9249 times)

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Re: WCOAP staking... with a difference
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 10:54:59 AM »
Antes only

Great fun this was. At the crucial time ran bad, ended up shoving 44 into AA with 19 left. All pretty standard really

Horse

With the structure, I decided to play tight and premiums. Which is why by level 2 I had 5k!! Pulled it all back, then in one crucial pot in stud hi, I raise with J showing, with J8 under, called by the low card showing a 2. I hit 8 on 4th street, he hits the K. It all goes in. He had k2 under! We don"t improve :(
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

jayteejack

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »
Not only did the K2 knock you out, he is one of your backers ;D. To be fair Sean went on to finish 4th

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 20:51:43 PM »
I did have a long post done for the shooutout/6 max but needless to say as I was completing the final sentence I lost the lot.

Shootout ... got in A7 on a 3456 board vs 33 and lost - the only hand I actually played

6 max - got down to the last 30 - splashed about early, got rewarded doubling AA v JJ, then won a chunk more with  4d 6d vs KK. With 40 left get a good double up with 97 in the bb, flop 8 6 5. That put me over 70k, then lose 50k next hand AA < Q10. Then last hand, there"s an UTG raise and a call in the sb ( to 3500 at 800/1600), I shove  Ac Qc initial raiser folds, sb calls 44.

Main event - Play as well as I have in a while, picking spots well. Get to a high of 35k at the first break. First 4 hands after the break AK, JJ, AA, KK, lose 5k in those 4 hands with AA losing to KK ( 7 hi flop, KK gets there on the turn). Also have to tank fold JJ on a J8710x board which cost approx 8k. Eventually move tables, then get AA v 42 and lose that at 400/800 leaving 7k back. Double up twice to get back over 30k, then just look for spots on another new table with loads of chips on. Eventually, in the first 10 mins of level 13, find  Ah Jh in early position, shove, get called by QQ, 1st card Q.

Omaha - A good start without playing well, double up with AAxx vs KKxx with the KK very draw heavy, hitting, and then I rehit for a full house. Lose a cooler with approx 23 left, leaving me short with 13k, and get moved tables to sit next to a 300k stack! Found the right spot to get it in, with KKxx, up against Paulie who"d raised the button with AKxx, flop A22 and I"m drawing pretty dead.

HU - Played a very aggro player, and it took me a while to adapt. Dropped to 2.5k, battled back to just above 5k, then 2 key hands, raise A10 and called, flop was Qxx, I c bet and he shoved, so had to fold. Next hand, I get K9, he raises, I shove, he snaps with KK.

A great run in most events, playing for tons of hours, for $0. No return unfortunately, so I owe £50 to the charity, which I will pay on Friday.
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 11:14:42 AM »
As promised, £50 donated to the charity today
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n