Author Topic: In the beginning  (Read 100865 times)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Re: In the beginning
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »

If you"d turned up at Broadway on the day, you"d have got a seat.

I know that now, but it was the first one and there was no reserve list (I think)

I was on the reserve list from the ballot.  69th out of 80-odd and knew I had a seat before the day.

But yes, as it was the first one, no one knew what the demand would be and if it"d be possible to get in on the day.

I am a Y-front man myself :o

:o

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 12:00:28 PM »

If you"d turned up at Broadway on the day, you"d have got a seat.

I know that now, but it was the first one and there was no reserve list (I think)

I was on the reserve list from the ballot.  69th out of 80-odd and knew I had a seat before the day.

But yes, as it was the first one, no one knew what the demand would be and if it"d be possible to get in on the day.

I am a Y-front man myself :o

:o

You have allways been lucky  ;D

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 12:54:49 PM »
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 12:58:12 PM »

Fortune brings in some boats that are not steered.
William Shakespeare

boats that are not steered.....mmmm....clearly shakespeare played some poker!  ;D
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 02:14:21 AM »
Quaker ??.....That Donald Duck must be getting violent in his old age !!
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 20:21:28 PM »
The Good Day"s

Fine wine, good food, fast cars and loose women well not quite more like a can of tizer, chips and egg, a clapped out astra and loose women on the telly, but these were good days. Away from APAT, I started to play in bigger games now remember that before APAT I used to play in $2 or $5 STT and the same for MTT but now I was playing $20/$30 STT and the money was rolling in well not quite rolling in but dripping in. The biggest win was the $25k on pacific poker, from a $3 satellite into a $15 satellite to a $30 buy-in into an over $6000 win. The only one draw back was the wife "playing poker again, stopping in again, you keep on saying that you win but what have you got to show for it" so to keep Mrs Nosey happy I withdrew most of my bankroll (something I regret now, more on this later) but it did pay for a trip to Vegas, bought a new telly, paid for a new car (second hand, I did not win that much) but the wife was happy. In this period I also won the APAT South  African open and then second in the Chinese open putting me on top again which I held for next four/five month (not sure how long, Des can confirm) These were  good days. Then came my first APAT live game, my first ever live game was in Vegas, (there is plenty of blogs on Vegas, the best being ThinkerJE) Not a lot to say on this apart from the people I met, first of all that nice man Des followed by Richard (I didn't think that Shrek was an actuarial person) and that strange man of the telly. I am not going to mention the poker, it's not worth it but I will mention my first taste of fame. People knowing who I was, people I have never met new me it was a bit flattering. These were the good days          
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 20:36:08 PM by nosey-p »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 20:41:10 PM »

The Good Day"s

...followed by Richard (I didn't think that Shrek was an actuarial person)...

how do you mean?

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 23:25:15 PM »
ffs

he"s dead.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 23:25:56 PM »
lol.....

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 06:42:05 AM »

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 08:10:45 AM »

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 09:22:28 AM »
gotta be worth a lol or two, maybe even a roflmao.... ;D
Still learn the science and practicing the art

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 12:58:28 PM »
      After making my 5th FT, I was top of the rankings again looking down on all the peasants below me when along comes that guy of the magic roundabout who made his second FT and his second 2nd place. Which leads me back to an earlier question, what's the better achievement? Five on-line FT (fields of over 200) or two live (fields of 130/200). By now I had played 3 live games so I started to understand the differences in the two games (live vs. on-line) and appreciated that the skill level was for greater in the live game (by the way I did not make the dinner break in my first 3 live games).
   As we entered the closing stages of season 1, the race could not be any tighter. With ten people still able to win the only games left was the five on-line championships and two live, my hopes of winning was fading fast as I was now known as not being able to play live the only hope left was the championships. The first four came and went with no success then came the main event. After about four hours of play came the biggest hand of the whole season for me. We were down to 24 players I was 3rd in chips and was playing very very well.
     On the small blind dealt AA all fold to me wear I make a minimum raise, thinking I was on a steal he came back with a re-raise, which I called. Flop AKJ so I but about half pot bet he calls. The turn was a rag so I checked hoping he would bet out which he did so I went all in. After thinking for a while he calls (he had to by now he was pot committed). He turns over KQ, "yes" I was yelling then came the river "no" I was yelling as the ten appeared. And yes he was 2nd in chips so had me covered and I was out. This was the lowest point of the season for me, had I won the hand I was guaranteed to make the FT and probably gone back to the top. Playing for 10 months and the season comes down to one hand. Then came the news that the last live game would be an onlive game, so there is hope for me yet. Nope, crashed out early and the season was over.
    Finishing in 3rd was still a big achievement but I was a bit deflated after being at the top for most of the season but I was able to take something from season one. The first to make two FT, the first to make back-to-back FT, the first to get two medals, the first to get three medals (I think these are correct, Des will say if not)                                              

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 14:26:26 PM »

Finishing 3rd in season 1, Wayne, was a fantastic achievement.

And don"t let anyone tell you that you can"t play live, you"re welcome at my table anytime  :D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 19:38:22 PM »

Finishing 3rd in season 1, Wayne, was a fantastic achievement.

And don"t let anyone tell you that you can"t play live, you"re welcome at my table anytime  :D

I"m assuming thats because you think he can"t play live and you fancy your chances ?

;D