Author Topic: APAT Irish Amateur Championship - Live Update - Day Two  (Read 76528 times)

murph01

Re: APAT Irish Amateur Championship - Live Update - Day Two
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2008, 12:54:50 PM »

Everyone must agree, another excellent tourney, Thanks again in a big way to Tighty Des and Tikay. Monster thanks to Fitzwilliam, helpful polite, "What a card room"?

Well done to all the final table, well deserved boys. Kev and Bobby very well done.
Darren you are the Irish Champion, has it sunk in yet? Excellent result, Congrats Newportlad.
"Cymru am Byth"

Thanks to all who shared a table with me, all excellent company, great laugh along with the poker.

Cheers to my roomies, Dewi Alan and Rudders, I Missed you all last night. LMAO
Not really ;)

BTW big cheer for Dewi, he won the scalps on Friday night for a third time.. N1 m8

Hope to see you all again soon, Happily tired,

Paul Mac

Well played to you too Paul,as i recall you were very unlucky with ak v aq for a big pot which im sure would have set you up nicely for the final table if it held up.
Also unlucky to run qq into aa for your exit-absolutely nothing you can do there.
Enjoyed the battle of the blinds with you or should i say the lack of it checking all the way to the river on the saturday,enjoyed the craic on that table.
looking forward to hopefully playing with you lads at these events in the future.  

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #211 on: June 17, 2008, 12:57:59 PM »
I concur  ;D What a superb weekend and huge thanks to The Fitzwilliam Card Club, Des, Richard, TK and all at APAT.

As well as being lost, eating huge amounts of superb red meat at Gallaghers in Temple Bar (no filthy comments here Billy  :P ), drinking vats of coffee and talking pure gash for the whole weekend, this is my account of the Irish National

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1365.msg24288#new

Well done to everyone who cashed and/or played well and congratulations to Darren, Bobby & Kevin, who should all be proud of their acheivements.

APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

murph01

« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2008, 13:08:56 PM »

to add to prior posts massive congrats to darren, played excellently on the 2nd day and to bobby aswell in his first apat. was a great buzz on the final table, was dissappointed with the way i played it though...typical of me.

funniest moment of tournament... bobby riverring tim magnus with a 3outer, queue phil hellmuth style exit... didnt know u had it in you mate ;D

fitzwilliam card club was fantastic, great atmosphere and a fantastically run tournament considering the 3 different rooms it was being played in...well done apat.

finally was good to meet some more of you guys....bring on the world championships...just wish it was next weekend!

cheers mark redshaw

Well played Mark i think you got a bad seat draw on the final table in fairness with Darren being your button and i dont think you ever really got going.
Was that 3 outer A2 v Aj,that was pretty shocking but i dont think it was much for me to call in the big blind,i think that was only 1 of 2 times i sucked out in this tournament,you gotta win your races :) :)

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2008, 13:55:23 PM »
Cheers Bobby, and very well done again. I really enjoyed your company over both days. You played very strong and showed an excellent attitude when you both won and lost pots. I was in no way surprised to see you in the last three. Kevin btw is who i was up against in both of those hands, excellent third Kev. As already stated elsewhere unlucky in the hds up, great match between yourself and Darren. Well worthy opponents for Silver and Gold. I didn"t get to see Darrens play whilst i was still in, however i heard Tikays commentry. Very funny indeed. Congratulations again Darren, I hope you"ve managed to rest now, before sorting the round out for your mates. ;D ;D

See you again soon. :)
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2008, 19:00:45 PM »

Everyone must agree, another excellent tourney, Thanks again in a big way to Tighty Des and Tikay. Monster thanks to Fitzwilliam, helpful polite, "What a card room"?

Well done to all the final table, well deserved boys. Kev and Bobby very well done.
Darren you are the Irish Champion, has it sunk in yet? Excellent result, Congrats Newportlad.
"Cymru am Byth"

Thanks to all who shared a table with me, all excellent company, great laugh along with the poker.

Cheers to my roomies, Dewi Alan and Rudders, I Missed you all last night. LMAO
Not really ;)

BTW big cheer for Dewi, he won the scalps on Friday night for a third time.. N1 m8

Hope to see you all again soon, Happily tired,

Paul Mac

missed you and james-cool as well  but rudders snoring i did not lol

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2008, 19:09:46 PM »
Many thanks All.

Haven"t had chance to post on here previously, as i have been working/catching up on my sleep (at the same time)

It still hasn"t really sunk in yet, and all seems a bit of a blur.  I"ll try and gather my thoughts and write them down.
I"m overwhelmed by all the congratultion messages and wishes i have received, both on Sunday night, and on here.

Special thanks to Kinboshi for sorting out a flight for me on Monday morning, as my brain was totally scrambled after the final.

Thankyou again.

Darren
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

gizagu

• Bronze Member
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2008, 19:17:55 PM »
this is mark(novice)barsley,
                         firstly congratulations to darren on the great result achieved on sunday,great performance.welldone to bobby getting silver ,very impressed with his style of play.and of coarse kev(tiger)ridley  i play poker with at the local card school,excellent performance from u all.(got u wayed up now kev).
                        big thankyou to the apat organisation producing a great and fantastic weekend for me.and i expect many others after reading there reports,and comments,as this being my debut appearance hope to get to other tourneys in the future of this type of quality and excellence,
                       and finaly a big thankyou to the fitzwiiliam card clud for the excellent service and and fantastic buffet provided by them on both days.
          thankyou again to u all and the rest of you i have not mentioned here.

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2008, 19:58:48 PM »
yeah it was that hand, your right u did have to call, u did nothing wrong.. as for the draw it was a shocker with u to my right as well... i like to think u did have hands the times u were re raising me, but u most probably just outplayed me ;D

Cazzaline

• Silver Member
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2008, 20:39:54 PM »
Congratulations Darren  ;D

Thanks Des, Tikay and Tighty another fantastic event - thanks for putting in all that effort for us.

Great to see everyone, it was a great weekend.

Hope to see you all soon

Caz  ;D