Author Topic: trial period warning  (Read 2781 times)

HERBIEHACKIT

• Silver Member
trial period warning
« on: July 12, 2014, 18:11:11 PM »
as per title. watch out. i took an £8 1 month trial via internet. did not like product so did not continue with it. went to cash point the other day to get £100. got knocked back. rang bank as there should have been £600 in that account. seems in the very small print (so small it was not readable) with me cancelling on line i was signed up to their product. over 3 months they have taken £550 out of my account. now yes i should check my statements but i always know how much is in my account so dont bother. this company have not sent any further products to me so i had no reason to believe i was paying them anything. have now stopped all payments to this company. with in days of this action they have sent products to me. so bewaer when agreeing to anything on line.
Peter Stringfellow is my hero. i want to grow old disgracefully too.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: trial period warning
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 18:55:13 PM »
Words of wisdom.

Personally I never signup for anything for a "trial" period over the interwebz...whether the trial is free or not.

Free trials (or cheap ones) that require credit card or bank details are practically always honey traps with hidden clauses.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

HERBIEHACKIT

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 20:16:26 PM »
got a result from the bank today. finally got them to agree to refund me. took arguments about the fraud part of the theft act and banking regs. also told them i would close my current and saving accounts and cancel my car, buildings and contents insurances. getting a full refund with 24 hours.

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 20:41:51 PM »
Was it an Acai Berry scam by any chance?...
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

HERBIEHACKIT

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 21:57:59 PM »
ketone advanced