Author Topic: APAT UK Team Championship - Live Update - Day Two  (Read 89050 times)

cctv

• Bronze Member
Re: APAT UK Team Championship - Live Update - Day Two
« Reply #240 on: July 21, 2008, 13:50:41 PM »
Its All Over!!!

We see the final hand of the APAT as Mary Martin wins the APAT UK Team Championship and takes home the gold medal.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2008, 14:01:29 PM »

This is the first one live tournement that I"ve ever followed on a Forum and I gotta add CCTV - good job fella!

Thank You, We cover most of the big events around the UK like the GUKPT & the GCBPT, you should check our stuff out on http://www.thenutz.tv/

would be great to have a regular link with APAT for the Nationals....  having gone home after day one, it was great to be back in the thick of the action on day two, albeit virtually.

cctv

• Bronze Member
« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2008, 14:17:48 PM »
Bristol and Southwest Meetup.

The Winners of the team event Bristol and Southwest Meetup collect their trophy then get interviewed by The Tower.

cctv

• Bronze Member
« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2008, 14:41:44 PM »
Mary Martin Interview

The Tower interviews the individual winner of the APAT UK Team Championship Mary Martin.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2008, 15:01:49 PM »
What a fantastic weekend. Thanks to the APAT team for organising another top event.

Another highlight for me was bumping into Steve Beaton and Russell Bray (of PDC Darts Fame) at the North Pier and just failing to set a world record for hitting a bullseye from 15 feet!!

Great updates from Tighty and vids from AWOP

Well done to Bristol for winning the team event, they had been bragging all month on the Gambling forum that they were taking this title.

And finally, WD MAir, a very popular and deserving winner. good luck in the GUKPT
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

chumley

« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2008, 15:05:27 PM »
Great reports and updates, looking forward to having the chance of playing in your live/online games. Brilliant site you have here.
If I say something that offends you, please tell me. I may want to offend you again later ;-)

cctv

• Bronze Member
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2008, 15:29:42 PM »
The Towers Summary

The Tower summarises what has happened and gives his thoughts on what has been a very successful APAT UK Team Championship event.

teamdobb

• Bronze Member
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2008, 16:02:18 PM »
As spokes person for Newcastle Poker Forum may I just say how much we all enjoyed ourselves at the weekend and look forward to taking part again in any future forth coming. I hope we were well received and others enjoyed our company.
Was nice to meet alot of new people from within the Poker community

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2008, 16:22:50 PM »
I"ve just found a wireless connection at reception of the hotel and have just seen this - WTG MARY!!!

ABSOLUTELY BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!

I"m off to check my BlueSq account now too - I should be fair bit richer than I was at this time yesterday. Seriously Mair - FANTASTIC!!! It couldnt happen for a better person!

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2008, 16:46:58 PM »
It sounds like it was a great event. And well done Mair, superb!!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2008, 17:13:44 PM »
WELL DONE MARY!!! WOOHOOO!!  8)

"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

ashhen

• Silver Member
« Reply #251 on: July 21, 2008, 19:02:56 PM »
I"d like to offer my utmost thanks on behalf of the winning Bristol and South West Poker Meetup team to Des and everyone else at APAT for running such a great weekend. Also, many thanks to Tightend and The Tower for their reporting - it really adds a great deal to the event.

I"ve written a decent sized trip report on our forums, I hope you dont mind me linking it: http://poker.meetup.com/321/messages/boards/thread/5102765

Finally, congratulations to Mary for winning the individual title. It sounds like it was a popular win.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2008, 21:04:29 PM »
Im home!!!! after stopping another night, as it was too late to drive home.

What can I say, im speechless at the mo, quite overwhelmed tbh and after reading all the threads in RTR and APAT I am astounded at the superb support I have received.

When I arrived on Friday night I never expected to leave today as the APAT Champ, my goal was to have a gr8 time, meet everyone, play some poker and have a nice relaxing weekend. Relax?? yer bloomin kiddin lol, it was the most stressful weekend o me life LOL.

First of, I would like to say how wonderful it was to meet up with the RTR Team, Lou, Mike, Mik, Bull, Biffa, Ant, Scouse and dD. You are, without a shadow of a doubt, the most fantastic bunch of peeps I have ever met in the Poker circuit, and it truly was a pleasure to Captain the team and, not only meet you all, but to watch you all in action. I am so very proud of every one of you, and I couldnt say it enough during the interviews.

The support from everyone has been unbelievable, all the different forums who had taken part were also joining in the cheering with the RTR crew, it truly was fantastic to see and hear.  I met so many people, put so many faces to names I knew and had only spoken to online, it made for a great weekend.

Congrats to the Bristol Team, gr8 job you guys!, also to Andy and Paul, vwp and congrats on your Medals.

I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to Des, Rich, Ian, Dafydd, Adam, The Tower and everyone else for making the event such a success and their hard work throughout the 2 days, (Ian I never seen you stop lol, you were running about everywhere).  Also thanks to Jonathan Raab, the Grosvenor staff and every1 else involved in the running of the tournament.

Thanks again every1, Im still getting my head around it and it will take a few days to sink in.

PS: 100/1 shot lol, lovely return for that! and my m8 Neil got me at 125/1 so he is quids in! Get in! lol.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:53:32 AM by xxMAIRxx »
Mary Kivlin

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #253 on: July 21, 2008, 23:37:07 PM »
I would just like to add my congratulations to Mary, who is one of the genuinely "good guys" in poker and life.  I have no doubt she will be a tremendous ambassador for APAT and Raise The River and I, along with all of the APAT team, am thrilled for her success.

I"ll take the opportunity also to thank Ian Burnett, Dafydd Jones and Adam Sharples, who alongside Rich worked their socks off all weekend to keep 20 poker communities updated on the drama that was unfolding within the Blackpool G. 

A special thanks also to Phil Heald and the AWOP / Nutz TV team.  They were incredibly professional throughout the weekend.  Their output has been outstanding and comments much appreciated. 

As a team, Bristol & South West played the best poker over the weekend and are very deserving of the qudos they now hold as UK Team Champions.  I interviewed several of them over the weekend and they are all looking forward to defending their title in Season 3, and they already understand that you will all want a piece of them when the time comes!  That is one weekend I"m already looking forward to.

Our other award winners over the weekend were the Raise The River and FISO teams plus Andrew Bailey of the Gutshot and Paul Smith of Bristol & South West who took individual honours.  Outstanding results and very well played.

Blue Square and Grosvenor have shown APAT a great deal of support throughout Season Two and I"d like to thank the G cardroom team and Jonathan Raab who all put in a great deal of effort over the weekend.  Northern poker players are extremely lucky to have access to the outstanding cardroom of the Blackpool G.  With some additional resource, it could well be amongst the very best cardrooms in the country.

Finally, a huge thank you to all of our players and teams who competed so magnificently.  The atmosphere was electric throughout and I thought you were going to shake the G into the North Sea during the final table!  APAT wouldn"t be where it is and what it is without the support of our members and I take my hat off to each and every one of you for producing, quite possibly, the best ever atmosphere at a UK event.  We hope to see you at a future APAT event.

Regards,

Des.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 23:42:19 PM by APAT »

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #254 on: July 22, 2008, 08:00:13 AM »
......and of course, thank you to you too Des!!!!