Author Topic: WCOAP  (Read 26584 times)

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
Re: WCOAP
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 13:16:11 PM »

Just letting you "islanders" know the Belgians will be with quite a few at the upcoming WCOAP !!! Beware !!!! :-)
Looking forward to it for sure !

S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 22:10:46 PM »

Apologies, but we"ll have to extend this a bit further as on reflection it is considered more appropriate to discuss with Aspers before releasing to members for comment - disappointing I know, but this way we can give you an agreed draft schedule having had the benefit of input from John Scanlon at Aspers (Poker Manager) and that we know works for both parties and still allows us to retain flexibility to act on members" feedback before confirming a final schedule before the end of October (2014!).

I would hope, well, I will at least aim, to provide you with an agreed draft prior to UK Amateur Poker Championship in Leeds on 11th/12th Oct.

Hi Tom what"s the updates?? A few regulars who play Aspers have indicated that the draft had been finalised?? Or is it just rumours.. Matt Carter did post a pic of the variants decided on FB  ;D
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 12:51:37 PM »

Apologies, but we"ll have to extend this a bit further as on reflection it is considered more appropriate to discuss with Aspers before releasing to members for comment - disappointing I know, but this way we can give you an agreed draft schedule having had the benefit of input from John Scanlon at Aspers (Poker Manager) and that we know works for both parties and still allows us to retain flexibility to act on members" feedback before confirming a final schedule before the end of October (2014!).

I would hope, well, I will at least aim, to provide you with an agreed draft prior to UK Amateur Poker Championship in Leeds on 11th/12th Oct.

Hi Tom what"s the updates?? A few regulars who play Aspers have indicated that the draft had been finalised?? Or is it just rumours.. Matt Carter did post a pic of the variants decided on FB  ;D

Tom had to travel over the past week for personal reasons. However, the schedule is finalised and will be posted today or tomorrow.  It does look good, probably our best ever.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2014, 13:54:45 PM »

Tom had to travel over the past week for personal reasons. However, the schedule is finalised and will be posted today or tomorrow.  It does look good, probably our best ever.

Excellent thanks Des..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2014, 14:37:28 PM »
I"m all excited

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2014, 20:08:55 PM »
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2014, 23:14:04 PM »
Apologies as I had to go home.  I"ll be catching up with lots over the next day or two.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 23:53:05 PM by IrishTom »
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

3N1GM4

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 13:15:26 PM »
Quick question (sorry if it"s already been asked) - what"s my best plan if I want to play both the Antes Only and the OFC? Should I reg for both and if so, what happens if I"m still in the Antes Only when the OFC starts?

Also, does anyone have the specifics of which OFC rules they will be using?

PokerRoyalFlush9

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 21:49:39 PM »

Quick question (sorry if it"s already been asked) - what"s my best plan if I want to play both the Antes Only and the OFC? Should I reg for both and if so, what happens if I"m still in the Antes Only when the OFC starts?

Hi all,

First of all: great looking schedule! If I could I would play it all.

Which brings me to my question... What will be the rule regarding unregistering from a tournament prior to its beginning? I"m particularly looking at the events which clash or overlap; such the HU Championship and Day 2 of the Main.

Will there be any possibility to unregister?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Gareth, the simple answer is yes there will.

What we need to achieve is give everyone the opportunity to take part, which in turn means we do NOT allow players to register or play in multi events that overlap as, you can imagine, that leads to many registering for an event, and then having to withdraw because they are still in another event - which of course can cost another player a seat - which we consider to be unfair.  I believe it was the main reason why APAT, years ago, introduced the "seat exchange" facility that players use when they register for an event and then cannot, for whatever reason, play.  It stops someone (or dozens of people) simply registering for an event, or all events, with the real possibility that they cannot actually attend - but they hedge their bets - thereby taking a place that someone else could have had and who would have turned up.

I"m sure at times there is an acceptable balance - and the example you quote I think would be fine - but we need to rely on the player to UNREGISTER if it looks like they will still be in the 1st event when the 2nd starts - with your example you could simply see the APAT host to unregister from the HU - I would hope/expect this to happen at the point you know you"ve qualified for Main Event Day 2.

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2015, 05:08:32 AM »
I know Irish Tom likes to run a book now and again...

What odds can I get on the following!?

Any Team Gotham Member winning a bracelet this year?!

Over/Under 4x FT appearances for TG?

Thanks in Advance!!
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

Chris_Austin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2015, 16:56:38 PM »

Looks like the non-pineapple, non-Fantasyland, 3-handed standard version of the game. As for scoring, I would expect the usual 2,4,6,10,15,25 and then double in the middle, 2pts for trips (middle) and then 1pt+ for 6"s+ up front. That"s what I saw when Aspers had an OFC tournament on a couple of months ago.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 17:04:29 PM by Chris_Austin »

marcnorust

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 13:10:10 PM »
Would of been my first APAT event, however I"ve just registered for Coventry. Cant wait.

Careybear

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2015, 18:08:44 PM »
Hi...I"m trying to get a team again for the USA for the team event is it 4 or 5 members this year?

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2015, 18:41:59 PM »

Hi...I"m trying to get a team again for the USA for the team event is it 4 or 5 members this year?

pm me about this Carey.  Thanks.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Careybear

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2015, 07:51:04 AM »

pm me about this Carey.  Thanks.

I"ve pmed you but not sure if it went through...did you get the message?