Author Topic: Mikeyboy9361  (Read 3051 times)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Mikeyboy9361
« on: July 28, 2008, 15:23:45 PM »
Just for Billy!

1 - WHO ARE YOU?
Mike Scothern

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)
Don"t have the technical ability!!

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?
Barnoldswick. Officially in Lancashire, but only happened when they moved the borders in the 1970s. I am a tyke. Both my boys were born in Yorkshire so they could play for the county if they were good enough, but they let any Tom Dick or Harry in now!!

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?
Company Director, Married, 2 boys. All round sports nut, still playing a good standard of league cricket, and Rugby union at the age of 47, my family think I"m off my trolley.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?
Went to Vegas two years ago, and thought I better learn a game to play out there. I was watching it on the box, and enjoyed it, so thats how it all kicked off.

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?
I play different on line to Live. I usually play cash on line, and try to boss the table, but live it is usually tournaments, and then I play fairly tight, with the occasional reckless move!

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?
There are a few, i love the way Devil Fish calls peoples hands, but that is all I like about him! Phil Hellmuth cos he"s such a laugh. But I think my favorite all round player is Allan Cunningham

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?
Playing almost exclusively on BSQ at the moment, I used to play stars, virgin and Party poker, but was building a good roll on BSQ so just sorta got stuck there. Same name.

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?
On that first trip to Vegas in my first live tournament, there were about 100 entrants with a pretty decent buy in, and I bubbled in 10th place, but i was really chuffed to have done as well as that, when basically I hadn"t got a clue! A 3rd and 4th in APAT regionals, and some decent runs in some on line tourneys, my best being a 4th out of 2500. Still waiting for that first elusive win!

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?
I love playing live and wish I got more opportunity to play more. You get to meet some nice people, but there are the fair share that you wouldn"t want to be buddies with!! More dealer dealt tourneys please.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?
Can"t remember now, probably Poker Player Magazine

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?
Structure is great, I think the standard is very good ( But I don"t have a lot to base that on!) Just more dealers please!

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?
Time, work, and sports have prevented me taking up one National Event, the other I qualified for was in Walsall, and the M6 became a car park resulting in me arriving 2 hours late!! But all the APAT events have been great.

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?
Family and sports

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?
Film - Pulp Fiction, Crash
Book - Da Vinci Code, Kite Runner,1984, Brave New World. Actually too many to carry on. Oh and Harrington on Hold'em!

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?
Haven"t yeally done music since the seventies and eighties so they would be -
Never Mind the ******** - Sex Pistols
Parrallel Lines - Blondie
Searching for the young soul rebels - Dexys Midnight Runners

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?
Enjoy the game, play to win, but don"t take it too seriously!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
Re: Mikeyboy9361
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 15:53:39 PM »
Thanks Mikey! Now i feel we know each other a little better ;D
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"