Author Topic: Omaha stars/tilt stake SOLD OUT  (Read 36144 times)

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Omaha stars/tilt stake SOLD OUT
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2015, 21:21:25 PM »
FWIW, I have received no emails OR PM"s from Myles on this issue, I will take this off the forum with him, unless he wants to continue on here, I am happy to do either.

I have admitted that the lack of updates was unacceptable, however other members of the stake were kept informed along the way through other methods, but I SHOULD have continued to use the forum.

I Resent the accusation of "dusting off" the stake, this has NOT been the case at all, and while I understand the frustration (which I share at the results) this is not what has happened. The money has been spent on the tournaments that I said that I would spend it on, and frankly, I was getting nearly 0 feedback from members of the stake anyhow, which seemed to say to me that no one was paying attention to them anyway!

I perhaps got complacent because of the fact that  other people in the stake had basially told me they were happy for me to just play, this was naive of me and obv wasnt the thoughts of Myles. Again, I totally accept responsibility for that.

I am willing to PM you about this, and others if they want me to.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2015, 21:50:09 PM »

FWIW, I have received no emails OR PM"s from Myles on this issue, I will take this off the forum with him, unless he wants to continue on here, I am happy to do either.

I have admitted that the lack of updates was unacceptable, however other members of the stake were kept informed along the way through other methods, but I SHOULD have continued to use the forum.

I Resent the accusation of "dusting off" the stake, this has NOT been the case at all, and while I understand the frustration (which I share at the results) this is not what has happened. The money has been spent on the tournaments that I said that I would spend it on, and frankly, I was getting nearly 0 feedback from members of the stake anyhow, which seemed to say to me that no one was paying attention to them anyway!

I perhaps got complacent because of the fact that  other people in the stake had basially told me they were happy for me to just play, this was naive of me and obv wasnt the thoughts of Myles. Again, I totally accept responsibility for that.

I am willing to PM you about this, and others if they want me to.

Fyi email was sent on 11/7 to email address registered on Forum....gaizka14@hotmail.com or something like that & apologies I didn"t send PM but as per quote earlier said that I may have done.

Lets regress a bit......we had no play for x weeks and I asked for an update.....this was after you stated that the BR was "just North of $400".

You promised us an update within the next week after you returned from the festival.....this didn"t come.

After that there was still no update regarding play so one can only assume that none off the stake BR was being used as previously all play had been detailed.

Numerous update requests were made and still nothing so a cashout request was made instead....again no response so we can only assume again that no play was taking place from the stake BR.

You obviously follow the Forum comments so wouldn"t it have been an idea to let us know that you were playing and in fact losing(dusting off) the stake BR so a decision could have been made what to do?  Updates were made regularly beforehand detailing what had been played but then as soon as cashout request made they suddenly stop and the BR has gone?

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2015, 22:05:25 PM »
Ah that explains the email, i havent used that address for years, must update that one!

I have repeatedly acknowledged the fact that I should have updated the thread regardless of the lack of responses from people in the stake, it honestly felt like people were happy for me to keep playing, so I did.

I have been particularly inactive on the forum, which is far from ideal when involved in a stake, which is why i didnt update the stake.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2015, 23:39:07 PM »
It was my suggestion and recommendation that Stu continue to play beyond the original staking proposal. This was clearly +EV for all involved (Stu"s OPR, Sharkscope and Hendon Mob are excellent and his game is MUCH better than people realise) and I can confirm from conversations with Stu as well as watching him playing a bit that there was no lack of effort or commitment on this and whilst he had a losing run (which is always liable to happen in MTT"s as we all know) he did play a game that long term was a good investment.

Also the issue with the games not being posted on here. I was always up date when I wanted to be (which was not that often tbh) as I asked what Stu was doing and was aware that the thread was not up to date I did not see it as a requirement either so did not worry about it in the least. Possibly my bad a little bit as I could have mentioned it, but I didn"t.

Just to put some perspective on this, I have just checked Sharkscope on Stu between 28th June (date of the cashout request) and now. In the agreed games Stu lost an additional $22.93 after the cash out request so the major issue is the lack of updates, Stu understands this and accepts it and has apologised for this. In my opinion can"t ask him to do much more. I see it as just a good bet that lost, won"t be the last time that happens to any of us.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.