Author Topic: WSOP 2015 Fantasy poker rules.. Pick your team  (Read 121076 times)

ashhen

• Silver Member
Re: WSOP 2015 Fantasy poker rules.. Pick your team
« Reply #465 on: July 17, 2015, 13:31:16 PM »
Thank you very much for the medal - that was a nice touch. I will be counting this as an APAT medal, for that is whence it came.

PokerPax

• Bronze Member
« Reply #466 on: July 17, 2015, 14:58:14 PM »
Just a thought, how about a joker style captain. You have to choose him for say 1 event. If he scores, or final tables that event, extra points/double points or something like that?

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #467 on: July 17, 2015, 15:21:02 PM »
Virtually everyone includes Hellmuth and Negreanu, which seems a bit pointless as they all cancel out. How about making them ineligible for selection?

You could think of it like Desert Island Discs - we give you Hellmuth & Negreanu, now go and choose eight more players.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #468 on: July 17, 2015, 18:46:18 PM »

Thank you very much for the medal - that was a nice touch. I will be counting this as an APAT medal, for that is whence it came.

Your welcome congrats on the silver.. Steve received his Gold yesterday also and will display with pride lol..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #469 on: July 17, 2015, 18:51:15 PM »

Virtually everyone includes Hellmuth and Negreanu

This is true.. I tried to be clever (didn"t work) although if Hellmuth hadn"t of won a bracelet or had such a good series it would of been so different.

Barry would of been laughing if Jason Mercier had of converted another bracelet.. I would of been laughing if Chidwick had of won that bracelet v Pescatorie .. It"s all fine lines.
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

cuzza23

• Bronze Member
« Reply #470 on: July 19, 2015, 16:10:55 PM »

Virtually everyone includes Hellmuth and Negreanu

This is true.. I tried to be clever (didn"t work) although if Hellmuth hadn"t of won a bracelet or had such a good series it would of been so different.

Barry would of been laughing if Jason Mercier had of converted another bracelet.. I would of been laughing if Chidwick had of won that bracelet v Pescatorie .. It"s all fine lines.

Very true Carl , I was fortunate enough to be the only player to have Mercier as my captain and if he hadn"t bubbled a final table or hadn"t finished 2nd when playing for his 2nd bracelet of the series I would have been home and dry. All ifs and buts tho.

How about having it in the style of a fantasy football league. But instead of having each poker player individually valued (which would be very difficult) why not give each APAT member a set amount of virtual money to spend on there team ie £50 million, but actually have a virtual auction for players selected. That way there would be no duplicate teams or players. It would be very interesting to see how much people would be willing to spend on hellmuth and Negreanu to have either in there team.
APAT UK championships ME 2010 - 5th place cash
APAT ECOAP 6 max 2012 - 6th place cash
APAT UK championships ME 2013- 11th place cash
APAT UK team championships 2017-5th place finish (ColdstreamPKR)
Back to back to back APAT WSOP FANTASY POKER WINNER 2017/2018/2019

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #471 on: July 19, 2015, 16:28:09 PM »
What Cuzza is suggesting is basically the same as the fantasy draft.

Keep the points the same or tweak a little but love the idea of the auction and no team having duplicate players.

I would be up for doing both anyways, so could keep this one as it is and run a trial of the other one? Don"t think it needs to be 50 million but obviously a budget.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013