Author Topic: Problem for Vegas Package 2017' Live Final Tournament  (Read 6654 times)

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Problem for Vegas Package 2017' Live Final Tournament
« on: July 11, 2016, 08:25:08 AM »
Would it be possible to extend the late entry for this event until the Main Event Final Table has finished? At the moment you are penalized for having a deep run in the "Main" , missing out on a great value tournament and also the chance to earn league points.
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Problem for Vegas Package 2017' Live Final Tournament
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 09:50:05 AM »

Would it be possible to extend the late entry for this event until the Main Event Final Table has finished? At the moment you are penalized for having a deep run in the "Main" , missing out on a great value tournament and also the chance to earn league points.

Craig my view is that that would not be in the best interests of the event, or the players playing it.  It starts at 3pm, 3 hours after the Main Event which I believe is late enough for anyone "hanging around" to play it, and allows for late entry until almost 6pm... yes unfortunate for anyone who just misses out due to still being in the Main Event (nice consolation though!), but late enough imo for a 1 day comp which we most certainly don"t want going on much longer than it already does.... which is around 7 hours play.

Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 10:06:48 AM »
There was also a package for the winner of the main, so you were effectively playing one already.

Good weekend as always. Congrats to all the winners.

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 11:15:33 AM »

Craig my view is that that would not be in the best interests of the event, or the players playing it.  It starts at 3pm, 3 hours after the Main Event which I believe is late enough for anyone "hanging around" to play it, and allows for late entry until almost 6pm... yes unfortunate for anyone who just misses out due to still being in the Main Event (nice consolation though!), but late enough imo for a 1 day comp which we most certainly don"t want going on much longer than it already does.... which is around 7 hours play.

I am not advocating a later start time for the Vegas Final. I just wanted to jump into it after I busted the Maiñ Event.
I offered to register into it just before the late entry period ended so my chips could be blinded away whilst I was on the Final table, but unfortunately  this was not possible.

The league points are important for players willing to travel to a few tournaments because there is a Vegas package for the highest points scorer at the end of the season.
There could be a situation where a player misses out on top spot by two or three points because he cannot enter some of the side events.

Twitter @CraigZozzy

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 16:25:00 PM »

I am not advocating a later start time for the Vegas Final. I just wanted to jump into it after I busted the Maiñ Event.
I offered to register into it just before the late entry period ended so my chips could be blinded away whilst I was on the Final table, but unfortunately  this was not possible.

The league points are important for players willing to travel to a few tournaments because there is a Vegas package for the highest points scorer at the end of the season.
There could be a situation where a player misses out on top spot by two or three points because he cannot enter some of the side events.

But then to be fair to everyone we"d need to start the side event after the main event finishes on Sunday... and that"s just not feasible mate, so we have to decide on a balance which I think with a 3pm start and almost 3 hours late reg ticks the "balance" box.
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

LombBomb

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 17:05:16 PM »

There was also a package for the winner of the main, so you were effectively playing one already.

Good weekend as always. Congrats to all the winners.

This.  End of thread.  ;D
Captain of Scotland WCOAP Team Winners - London 2016
Welsh Open PLO Champion - Bristol 2014
Scotland Bronze Medallist APAT ECOAP - Prague 2013
Scotland Home International Champions - Stoke 2012
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TomClark
HM: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=261278

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 17:55:14 PM »

But then to be fair to everyone we"d need to start the side event after the main event finishes on Sunday... and that"s just not feasible mate, so we have to decide on a balance which I think with a 3pm start and almost 3 hours late reg ticks the "balance" box.

Hi Tom. I agree with you that it should not start later than 3pm for all the reasons you have given.
I disagree with the "balance box" as it stands now because some players are prevented from entering a tournament which has valuable league points at stake.
I feel that this is unfair.
A fairer balance would be to allow all Apaters to play in every Vegas side event no matter how deep they run in the M.E.
Obviously the later they join the Vegas Final the less big blinds they have but that is better than being excluded.

I can only think of two ways that this can be achieved.
Allowing players to register at the end of the late reg period and blind away until seated
or
extend the late reg period further than three hours.

Twitter @CraigZozzy

LombBomb

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 18:26:02 PM »
Players who want to reg the Vegas satellite after 3pm and still in the main are likely to be scoring points anyway (the main is very likely to have less than 18 players between the concerned timeframe of 3pm-6pm).  APAT rules are quite clear about players not being allowed to multi table at live events and as someone who has played the last 2 Vegas satellites I would be quite annoyed if they decided to extend the late reg period beyond an already generous 3hrs 15mins.  There are more than enough points up for grabs in the live stops on the tour and in the online games to crown a fair POTY at the end of the season.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 18:43:14 PM by LombBomb »
Captain of Scotland WCOAP Team Winners - London 2016
Welsh Open PLO Champion - Bristol 2014
Scotland Bronze Medallist APAT ECOAP - Prague 2013
Scotland Home International Champions - Stoke 2012
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TomClark
HM: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=261278

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 18:48:03 PM »
One thing I don"t understand is stopping players from multi-tabling at live events.

Unless you are hand-for-hand or in a break, it"s not possible. I think I would advocate a simple position on this - a player can late reg for the Vegas satellite but is not allowed to play a hand unless one of two things has happened:

1. The Main Event is on a scheduled break.
2. The player has been eliminated from the Main Event.

The focus should always be on the Main Event but I"d much rather personally have a dead stack at the table than less money in the prizepool.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 09:54:33 AM »
Having dead stacks at the table alters the dynamics.

The points gained for POTY are small in comparison to the main event,  if you make a sufficiently deep run in the main to not be able to late reg, you don"t really need the points anyway!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 13:06:57 PM »

I disagree with the "balance box" as it stands now because some players are prevented from entering a tournament which has valuable league points at stake.

That has always been the case, since side events started earning points. Why the big hoo-ha this year?

Craig, you put your case, it"s not changing, get over it.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 14:09:39 PM »
Why should there be any points for the Vegas satellite? Players in the Main have to work through large fields to earn points. So far as I am aware, neither of the satellites so far required a second table, so half of the players were guaranteed points.

When the satellite started on Sunday, players in the Main had a 1/16 chance of winning a Vegas package, while players in the turbo STT satellite had a 1/7 chance. Players in the Main were talking about dumping their stacks as there was a better chance of winning a package across the room. That wouldn"t happen, of course, but the irony was noticed. Giving points to half the players in the STT, so they have a second chance for a package, on top of their better odds for a first package, seems a bit much.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 14:17:11 PM by MintTrav »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 11:52:38 AM »

Craig, you put your case, it"s not changing, get over it.
How rude
I thought better of you Matt

Why the big hoo-ha this year?
Fantastic added value for the winner this year. I suspect you already knew the answer to this question.

Twitter @CraigZozzy

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 13:22:57 PM »
You are determined to win a Vegas package aren"t you Craig, understandably too..
Not playing the Liverpool Grosvenor to concentrate on Sunday Online APAT Events.
I notice you are the first to register for the Vegas Tourney....
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 14:10:58 PM »
I wish everyone was as keen as Craig to participate and win some of the value we"ve brought this year.  Would have given us a shot at repeating or improving it next season.  
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy