Author Topic: Problem for Vegas Package 2017' Live Final Tournament  (Read 6648 times)

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Problem for Vegas Package 2017' Live Final Tournament
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 14:21:33 PM »

I wish everyone was as keen as Craig to participate and win some of the value we"ve brought this year.  Would have given us a shot at repeating or improving it next season. 

This ^^

Although I do agree with John on the point below, however points might lead to increased participation in the satellites?

Why should there be any points for the Vegas satellite? Players in the Main have to work through large fields to earn points. So far as I am aware, neither of the satellites so far required a second table, so half of the players were guaranteed points.
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 14:46:02 PM »
Speaking of value ;)

Tonight online we"ve got the Main Event at 6pm, Side Event at 7pm, Destination Vegas Satellite at 8pm. We"re adding a £550 GUKPT seat for the winner of the Main Event and we"re guaranteeing a £1500 Destination Vegas package in the satellite.

Please share the message and help us spread the word.

We"re providing the value, just need you to login and play.

Support if you can. Cheers, and good luck at the tables - www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

LombBomb

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 17:13:51 PM »

Why should there be any points for the Vegas satellite? Players in the Main have to work through large fields to earn points. So far as I am aware, neither of the satellites so far required a second table, so half of the players were guaranteed points.

When the satellite started on Sunday, players in the Main had a 1/16 chance of winning a Vegas package, while players in the turbo STT satellite had a 1/7 chance. Players in the Main were talking about dumping their stacks as there was a better chance of winning a package across the room. That wouldn"t happen, of course, but the irony was noticed. Giving points to half the players in the STT, so they have a second chance for a package, on top of their better odds for a first package, seems a bit much.

If players are talking about dumping stacks in the Main to play the Vegas satellite that sounds crazy to me.  Surely you are playing the Main for the chance to become an APAT champion, win a medal and a decent cash prize.  Percentagewise of course you have a better chance of winning a Vegas package in the satellite but if that"s the primary motivation why would you bother playing the Main?  Just play the Vegas sat instead.

Given the level of discussion this has triggered I figure the Vegas live sats will be more popular anyway.  Whilst they will still be massive value, I don"t think we"ll see quite the overlay we have in the first 2 events of the season.
Captain of Scotland WCOAP Team Winners - London 2016
Welsh Open PLO Champion - Bristol 2014
Scotland Bronze Medallist APAT ECOAP - Prague 2013
Scotland Home International Champions - Stoke 2012
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TomClark
HM: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=261278