Author Topic: grovenor on line  (Read 9302 times)

HERBIEHACKIT

• Silver Member
grovenor on line
« on: December 04, 2016, 22:30:17 PM »
what a joke the g site has frozen. their response.. we are working on it we may or may not be able to fix it tonight. apat drop this bunch of idiots.
Peter Stringfellow is my hero. i want to grow old disgracefully too.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: grovenor on line
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 22:34:57 PM »

what a joke the g site has frozen. their response.. we are working on it we may or may not be able to fix it tonight. apat drop this bunch of idiots.

And the value they add?

HERBIEHACKIT

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 22:38:02 PM »

And the value they add?

not much point in value if they cant run the thing. we are all still waiting for them to fix it. they are not saying much when u ring them. they even said there was no problem with the tourney at first

galo5767

• Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 22:53:49 PM »

And the value they add?

you cannot defend this
2010 Southern European Online - Silver
2013 Scottish Online - Silver
2013 North American Online - Silver
2014 Welsh Online - Silver

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 17:03:18 PM »
Understand people"s frustrations.. although it did not affect me as I was on the rail well before the problems started.

But just for my two penneth..

You will find most sites have technical issues from time to time, PokerStars, Party Poker 888 etc etc being leading providers all have server DOS problems.
Think it"s very harsh to knee jerk calling Grosvenor a bunch of idiots.. APAT have struck up a great relation with them and have as Steve correctly pointed out given some insane added value.

I"m sure Rory will be working hard to compensate those affect by last nights problems apologise on Grosvenor behalf.
I for one are completely satisfied with our sponsors and have nothing but good things to report back once i encountered problems from switching over from old to new G, they went out of their way to help.

2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

jayteejack

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 05:34:30 AM »
Carl you are right about the added value and it is wrong to start slinging around names and as you said you are sure Grosvenor/Rory are working hard to rectify things....
However that is no excuse for bad customer service and treating people like they do not matter. There are situations where people have done good even got knighthoods but that doesn"t excuse their behaviour. I have always told staff good customer service is measured how a tough situation is handled- anyone can give good service when everything is plain sailing.
If anyone of us were in a different environment eg retail and you got treated this way it would be unacceptable.
Minimum a statement should have been made already saying sorry looking into it obviously money back etc...
Also a word from APAT management would also be reassuring. I realise it is not APAT's fault however if you were one of my customers and something went wrong with one of my suppliers I am sure your port of call when looking for reassurance would still be me-The supplier issue should be my problem not yours.
As I said above good customer service is measured on how the difficult ones are managed....at the moment its terrible...on the plus side it can only get better

ayresi

• Bronze Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 23:33:23 PM »

Understand people"s frustrations.. although it did not affect me as I was on the rail well before the problems started.

You will find most sites have technical issues from time to time, PokerStars, Party Poker 888 etc etc being leading providers all have server DOS problems.
Think it"s very harsh to knee jerk calling Grosvenor a bunch of idiots.. APAT have struck up a great relation with them and have as Steve correctly pointed out given some insane added value.

I"m sure Rory will be working hard to compensate those affect by last nights problems apologise on Grosvenor behalf.
I for one are completely satisfied with our sponsors and have nothing but good things to report back once i encountered problems from switching over from old to new G, they went out of their way to help.

+1
RUNNER UP IRISH ON-LINE OPEN 2012,RUNNER UP ECOAP/HU2012+ GENTINGS CHARITY GAME CHAMPION 2012 WEELETT + NPF TEAM CHAMPIONS 2012 AND TEAM CAPTAIN HETTON SOCIAL POKER 2013 2ND BINIONS CLASSIC 6-MAX 2013,English o/l winner 2015

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 10:54:11 AM »
The problem on Sunday was a network wide issue.

I have been in contact with Grosvenor over the past few days, but for a number of reasons, there was a delay in getting information on what happened on Sunday night.

Grosvenor are looking into refunds where appropriate for the affected players.  The issues were intermittent for some players, longer for others etc.

They have asked me to assure players they are looking into this and will reward players with refunds where appropriate but it may be a few days as it needs to all be processed through MPN (The network).

From my own personal viewpoint, this is the first time we"ve had a problem mid-tourney with Grosvenor.  It occurred around 10pm on a Sunday night (11pm Gibraltar time).  I know players would ideally like instant communication as to what"s going on, and whether the tournament is still going to run (I know I would), but that is not always the possible, and this should not give a negative reflection on either Grosvenor or APAT management.

We will endeavour to ensure all our players are treated fairly and provided with the best poker we can.  Hopefully you all know APAT always looks out for the players.  Where possible, I"ve personally got involved with issues that players have had, and I will continue to do that.

Sunday was a tiny blip on what otherwise has been a successful Season 10 so far for APAT, Grosvenor and most importantly, all the players.

Leigh

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 13:00:46 PM »
I have to say, that whilst fully understanding players frustrations, and lord knows I would be at the front of the queue here had I still been in, (blatant I busted early brag), I do feel that overall the Grosvenor experience, taking everything into account, has been a good one.

Is it the best platform? Probably not.
Do they reply to complaints urgently? Wherever possible.
Has it worked OK most of the time, for most players? Yes
Does the considerable added value outweigh these "blips". Most certainly YES!!!!

The bigger picture should be looked at, i.e. quality of live venues, added value etc etc...., and bearing this in mind, it has to have been a good move overall.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 13:30:02 PM »

I have to say, that whilst fully understanding players frustrations, and lord knows I would be at the front of the queue here had I still been in, (blatant I busted early brag), I do feel that overall the Grosvenor experience, taking everything into account, has been a good one.

Is it the best platform? Probably not.
Do they reply to complaints urgently? Wherever possible.
Has it worked OK most of the time, for most players? Yes
Does the considerable added value outweigh these "blips". Most certainly YES!!!!

The bigger picture should be looked at, i.e. quality of live venues, added value etc etc...., and bearing this in mind, it has to have been a good move overall.

Agree

I think that had it been a Friday or Saturday night then I doubt it would be a major issue.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 14:01:03 PM »
UK Online Poker Championship Update

After the network blip that saw Sunday nights tournament delayed for an hour, I can confirm that Grosvenor Poker have refunded all players that did not cash their full buyin back.  That includes those that had already busted.  Those that did cash, well played and congratulations.  I think this is a very fair and generous outcome.  It"s a difficult scenario on the rarity that something like this happens and this seems the fairest response.  Many thanks to Grosvenor for a swift resolution to a network wide problem.

HERBIEHACKIT

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 19:02:14 PM »

yes other sites have issues but i do not expect their customer care team to first of all tell me the site is working fine and log out and then back in and then on a second call to be told we may fix it if not we will re run it, just stay on line and see what happens. no on screen info at all. could have sat there all night. cs are a bunch of amatuers.

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 19:14:54 PM »

yes other sites have issues but i do not expect their customer care team to first of all tell me the site is working fine and log out and then back in and then on a second call to be told we may fix it if not we will re run it, just stay on line and see what happens. no on screen info at all. could have sat there all night. cs are a bunch of amatuers.

Ha ha PartyPoker is alot worse i can assure you!
PokerStars you cant even phone.. and you will be lucky to get any response in 48 hours.

These are the 2 sites so you would think their CS should be even better..

As Richard has stated think we need to look at the OVERALL picture.. Im sure whatever sponsor we have, if this happens they all are gonna get negative feedback from disgruntled customers.
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Careybear

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 20:14:08 PM »
I thought it was quite amazing that they refunded all of our money even if we had busted...I had used a £30 ticket I had won from £4.70 and £.25 satellites so I was in definite profit from that one!!

Carey