Author Topic: APAT LEGENDS TEAM FOR BLACKPOOL FEBRUARY 2018  (Read 6453 times)

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
APAT LEGENDS TEAM FOR BLACKPOOL FEBRUARY 2018
« on: August 13, 2017, 18:16:00 PM »
The team will be announced soooooooon
A few communication difficulties
Thanks for your patience
Ian
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
Re: APAT LEGENDS TEAM FOR BLACKPOOL FEBRUARY 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 22:37:42 PM »
Most people know me on the Apat circuit, a renowned light-weight drinker and a born again smoker. I have had some success within APAT and managed to scrape a gold medal at the worlds in 2010 for Stud, I have also acquired 3 silvers and a bronze during my Apat journey and have cashed every season since 2009, what a journey it has been, the cameraderie and the banter, second to none.

I was delighted when Tom asked if I would consider captaining one of the Apat teams to compete in the UK Team Championship in Blackpool it took a millisecond for my answer, little did I realise how difficult the task of selection would be, I had over 40 applications and each one of them could have quite easily run deep in this event but hard decisions had to be made and I hope you will embrace the team I have selected to represent the forum.

IAN THOMPSON pables

I am very pleased and honoured to announce the remaining members of The Apat Legends team will be ably represented by:

Ian Szerlowski (VC) ian.ski309

Having supported APAT since 2009, Ian has a wealth of experience in respect of both individual and team events. He represented Team Poland for five consecutive years in successive ECOAPS and WCOAPS, captaining the team on three separate occasions and is the proud owner of an APAT Team Event gold medal.

Blackpool holds fond memories for him where he played in the APAT Team Event in 2011 and made the FT. The following year he came through a field of 167 in the ME of APAT Stoke where he went to the FT as CL. Shortly afterwards he played two tournaments in Vegas, cashing in them both, the second one was a four-way chop for 2nd place and a four figure score. Just weeks later he paid the full £440 buy in for the GPS at Sheffield where he came through a field of 546 players, including many pros, to make the FT and cash for over £7000

Online highlights include a 1st place finish from a field of 842 and a 6th place finish from a field of 8500. The above stats demonstrate not only a long standing affiliation with APAT, but also the ability to successfully navigate large fields of players and a deep understanding of team dynamics. He is also capable of drinking large quantities of Guinness. He is my vice captain!

Steve Bayliff Scouse3465

Steve has 10 APAT medals for both online and live.

He's captained England to silver in the WCOAP team event, having had a big lead overall they were only overtaken due to a massive points haul by wales in last MTT. Has cashed GUKPTs including winning an online side event.

A regular BCPC winner he's won 4 out of 8 BCPC premier leagues. Steve hasn't had chance to play many APAT events but cashed and busted just before final table of the main at the recent WCOAP in Manchester.

Don Roberts Hammerite

Don has been a regular on the Apat tour since Season 1, and has a lot of experience having made many final tables in various poker disciplines. Don has cashed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Belgium & Austria on the Tour. The highlights of his poker career  are a WCOAP Bracelet for Horse in 2015 and a 5th place at the GPS Westcliff  in 2014 for a five figure pay day, he has represented England on two occasions in home international tournaments.

Rob Swindells Swinebag

Rob has been member of APAT since season 1, making his debut in Dublin and was a regular on the circuit for the next 5 or 6 years. Starting a family has pretty much killed his APAT participation over the last 3/4 years but he doesn't regret that one bit as he has a fantastic wife and 2 kids who gives him great joy on a daily basis and who have yet to 2-outer him at 3am on a school night.

He still plays online events where possible and follow the events, remaining a strong poker enthusiast. He's thrilled that he was selected for team APAT. He can't think of a better event to make his comeback in. Rob has captained a winning team before (GNF at Luton in 2011) and loves everything about this unique event.

Rob has made 3 live final tables at APAT, with a best of 2nd in the UK champs at Leeds in 2014. His real strength is converting APAT value added packages into cash. He final tabled UKIPT and GPS events, both courtesy of APAT. In addition he won a 25/25 comp at Didsbury.

His biggest success to date came online where he won the Sunday major on 888 and finished second in the Sunday Warm-up on stars. This is dwarfed by him winning the APAT rankings in season 4 (or 5  - Rob can't remember which one) where all his points were scored online.

In Robs own words "I will admit to a bit of ring rustiness, but I assure you I will be back up to speed come February. How much practice does a luckbox need after all? See you at the felt"

Dwayne Stacey TGBane

Dwayne started playing poker in 2004 and has played a WPT and multiple EPTs.
He cashed in Budapest 2008 shortly after cashing in 97th place for $57,000 at his first WSOP Main Event, followed in 2009 by another Main Event Cash.
He joined Apat in 2013 and chopped the Wembley Masters.
He has several APAT cashes and a PLO side event win to his name.
At this years worlds he cashed in the HU and picked up his first bracelet in the OFC.

Phil Tompkinson PHIL_TC

Phil has been an APAT member since 2008 and Season 2, making his debut and cashing in his first live event at the APAT European Amateur Championship at Wiener Neustadt.

Since then he has 7 live APAT cashes and 4 medals, 1 Gold, 2 Silver and 1 Bronze.

He has represented England twice in team home international events and loves the team format. In recent seasons Phil hasn't had much time to play APAT events due to his business commitments, but is over the moon Ian has picked him to represent the APAT team.

In Phil's own words "I've really missed the APAT events, my liver not so much. Over the moon to be picked and I'm so looking forward to the event, catching up with everyone, and of course winning. Have you seen our team lineup? You'll see me at the bar doing beer runs for the rest of the team after level 1".

Asa McGrath amcgrath1uk

Asa is a regular APAT member and his outstanding record speaks for itself.

APAT Season 6
UK online winner
Ranked no 1 online
Bronze in the Home Internationals
Gold in the team event at the WCOAP

APAT Season 10
WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game and turbo champion
WCOAP Crazy Pineapple silver
WCOAP Omaha Final table
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

TGBane

• Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 22:42:18 PM »
Massive thanks for picking me Pables, great team you've put together.
Can not wait till February.
TEAM GOTHAM (Bane)
2013 APAT Wembley Masters 2nd
2013 APAT Cardiff Cash Tour 1st
2013 Season 7 Cash Tour 1st
2014 Season 8 APAT European PLO8 1st
2014 Season 8 APAT European  NLHE (side event) 2nd
2016 Season 9 WCOAP online Turbo NLHE 1st
Twitter: DWAAYNE

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 22:52:27 PM »
Wow. Huge honour to be part of your team Mr Pables. Huge thanks for the pick. Can't wait to see the rest of the team and the APAT family in February and of course picking up gold #endofretirementFTW
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 22:59:14 PM »
An absolutely massive honour to be chosen for this. Many thanks Ian, and I can't wait to pull on the shirt and represent APAT, with the awesome team Ian has chosen!
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 23:24:23 PM »
I'm feeling so excited, honoured and humble to have been selected by Pables to play in such esteemed company. What a team ! Can someone please press the fast-forward button so that it's February already...  ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 08:22:19 AM »
Great looking team, good luck

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 09:41:59 AM »
Thanks for the pick Ian, honoured to be representing the Forum in such exalted company, I have known these guys for many years and it will be great teaming up with them, looking forward to the tournament very much !
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 19:56:19 PM »
Great looking team, good luck

That's a proper rubdown for the other 32 applicants if Ian picked that bunch for their looks

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 00:38:55 AM »
That is a great Apat Team. Must be one of the favorites already for the medals in Blackpool. Good luck lads.
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

jockey

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 11:24:45 AM »
Great team
Yorkshire team member luton 2013 
UKCOAP GOLD MEDAL WINNER 2013                                                                    LBPN team member stoke 2014
LBPN team member Manchester 2014 LBPN team member 16/17.
PUNTERS LOUNGE TEAM GOLD MEDAL WINNERS 2018

kohan

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 10:44:14 AM »
great team ian
2013 wcoap  heads up bronze medalist
2013 home internatiols team event silver medalist
2014  online english silver medalist
2015  wcoap team event silver medalist
2016  wcoap  7 card stud silver medalist
2016european c/ships bronze medalist