Author Topic: Suggestion - For discussion..!!  (Read 4792 times)

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
Suggestion - For discussion..!!
« on: August 08, 2007, 12:59:19 PM »
Was thinking about entry to the APAT live events.  The 5 or 6 main events English Welsh Scotish etc. for season 2....

Maybe it would be an idea for the medalists of these events (3 people) to be granted automatic inclusion into the remaining events for that year..  Not for free mind, but, was thinking, might be a good incentive and also might make the top of the points table a better battle...  I.e..   Imagine if someone is doing well in the points because of a win, and they cannot manage to get an entry into the later tournaments...

I supposed it has its bad points, but, sounded like an idea to me..!!!

And..

When I am typing a new topic in the forum here, there are smilies and cards..  There are 53 cards..!!  ;)

Cheers

Carl...
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Suggestion - For discussion..!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 13:01:31 PM »
It"s one of Des's dodgy decks - two Ace of diamonds.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 13:15:55 PM »
It"s an interesting idea but I think it means that if you were unlucky enough not to be able to get into the first championship then you will be at a disadvantage for the following ones (because some of the seats would already be allocated).

It would help those people who got off to a quick start - which I don"t think is necessarily something worth rewarding. I think it was mentioned that the previous years champions for each event would be invited back and I think this is a good gesture, but anymore pre-reserving of seats would be detrimental.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 13:37:48 PM »
I like the idea, but I do not agree with it.

The people who qualify then have a points advantage or rather points gathering advantage over the rest. If someone is to come 1st, 2nd or 3rd and they automatically get to go to all the other comps, this would put the ones who don"t get to all at a disadvantage.

I think it could be a fair gesture to invite back the previous champs of the various events.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 13:41:39 PM by FlyingPig73 »
"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

dougal7878

• No Mail
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 14:26:21 PM »
Carl...... I love the idea....see you at all the events!!!!! ;D ;D ;D