Author Topic: WCOAP 2018 Spotlight - Deuces Wild (Sat 31st)  (Read 3823 times)

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
WCOAP 2018 Spotlight - Deuces Wild (Sat 31st)
« on: March 28, 2018, 22:28:35 PM »
You can find the full WCOAP 2018 schedule HERE

The Deuces Wild (NLHE) championship will take place as follows:

#4 Sat 31st March 2018 20:00
£50+£7 estimated capacity 6 x 10-handed tables
10k stack - 20 min clock
Late Entry 21:00 (02:00 estimated completion)

The event will play as a NLHE MTT throughout, and any '2' (Deuce) is 'wild' meaning it can be counted as *'any' card by the player using it in their hand

The best hand is 5 of a kind, followed by normal NLHE hand rankings... ie then Royal Flush, Straight Flush, 4-of-a-kind etc.

If 2 or more players have the same winning hand, any of those hands 'without' a wild card takes precedence over one that has a wild card - so the winning hand would be a 'real' hand over a hand that has used a Deuce to make it (and a winning hand with only 1 wild card wins over the same winning hand with 2 or more wild cards in it).

* when used by individuals, it may not EXACTLY duplicate a card being used in the player's hand EXCEPT to make 5-of-a-kind.  Examples:

I have A s and 2s and the other 3 aces come on the Board... my 'deuce' is used to make 5-of-a-kind - the best hand possible.

I have Ac 2s and Qc 8c 7c comes on the Board.... I have an Ac Kc Qc high flush, NOT Ac Ac Qc high.  

My opponent has 10c 2h... they CAN have Ac Qc flush (ie they can represent the Ac which is in my hand).

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:01:55 AM by IrishTom »
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

killjoy1987

Re: WCOAP 2018 Spotlight - Deuces Wild (Sat 31st)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 00:32:13 AM »
As expected... questions!  ;D

Just to clarify...

You say the deuce doesn't duplicate a card, that means EXACTLY that card (except in the case of 5 of a kind)? IE if I have  Ks 2h and the board is  3d 7d Jc my hand is a Pair of Kings?

In terms of the "real" hand having precedence... if there's 4 to a flush, my opponent has the king and I have a deuce, I have the ace flush and winning hand?

But in the same situation, he has the Ace of clubs and I have a duece, he wins?

Thanks for clearing it up! :)

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 01:01:29 AM »
Hey Ash,

You say the deuce doesn't duplicate a card, that means EXACTLY that card (except in the case of 5 of a kind)? IE if I have  Ks 2h and the board is  3d 7d Jc my hand is a Pair of Kings?

Correct

In terms of the "real" hand having precedence... if there's 4 to a flush, my opponent has the king and I have a deuce, I have the ace flush and winning hand?

Correct

But in the same situation, he has the Ace of clubs and I have a duece, he wins?

Correct - you both have the same 'winning hand' but he doesn't have a 'Deuce playing' and you do...

You say the deuce doesn't duplicate a card, that means EXACTLY that card (except in the case of 5 of a kind)?

Thanks... I've updated my post to include the word EXACTLY (duplicate) which I hope clarifies it a bit better...

killjoy1987

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 14:20:37 PM »
Thanks Tom!

Only wanted to clarify exactly as I once played a "jokers wild" at Salford G and the TD gave me incorrect information. The way he worded it was that a joker is the best card, IE better than an ace. I had the joker and 10 of clubs, got all in on a 3 club board, guy calls with the ace high flush (AQ high), but his won as his hand was AQ flush mine was A10, despite me arguing that he told me that the joker was "better" than an ace so a joker flush was better than an ace flush ;D  ;D  ???  ;D :D

killjoy1987

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 13:17:01 PM »
Another one.

How about, if the board is:

2c 2d 2h 2s Ac

Would someone with an  Ah in their hand win against every one else as they are only using 3 wilds and the others are using all 4?

Shy Talk

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 15:09:21 PM »
Not played APAT for one reason or another since Team Tournament of 2011 in Blackpool. Looking forward to playing this tourney and main event this year (wifey too!)  ;D
2011 APAT UK Pub Poker Team Champions _ Edgworth CC

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 16:02:41 PM »
Another one.

How about, if the board is:

2c 2d 2h 2s Ac

Would someone with an  Ah in their hand win against every one else as they are only using 3 wilds and the others are using all 4?

Correct Ash... so best hand is AA in the hole with AA2 on Board...

Fluence

• Silver Member
    • The Ramblings of a Poker Dinosaur
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 16:35:37 PM »
Looking forward to hearing a bad beat story along the lines of "I had 5 Aces and lost to a better 5 Aces"

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.