Author Topic: APAT Season 2 - I'm gonna miss...  (Read 6721 times)

jjandellis

• Silver Member
APAT Season 2 - I'm gonna miss...
« on: August 17, 2007, 15:46:00 PM »
CLICK FESTS!!!!

After missing out on the first 2 events I got my act together to "qualify" each time...

I kinda like the am I aren"t I anticipation one Saturday night every couple of months. Pokers version of a penalty shootout!!!

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: APAT Season 2 - I'm gonna miss...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 15:54:26 PM »

CLICK FESTS!!!!

After missing out on the first 2 events I got my act together to "qualify" each time...

I kinda like the "am I/aren"t I" anticipation one Saturday night every couple of months. Pokers version of a penalty shootout!!!

No, I don"t think you will...IIRC (and I probably don"t) there will still be direct buy-in (i.e. Click-fests) for the National Events.

Meh...now I have to go back and read what Des said to make sure.  ;D

[EDIT]...looks like the memory is still good..

Members can qualify for APAT National Championship events through a series of online satellite events at Blue Square and through direct buy in at www.apat.com.  Specific details will be announced in the lead up to each event.

Click-fests rule!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 16:00:22 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 18:07:44 PM »
 ;D

KingPoker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 19:34:36 PM »
Sorry can someone just clarify, what will be the main enty process used for season 2?

I moaned/stropped/hissy-fitted  campaigned for the click fest all the way through season 1!

(Even though i got a seat no matter what entry process was used  ;D)
CYMRU AM BYTH!

Ironside

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 00:31:48 AM »

Sorry can someone just clarify, what will be the main enty process used for season 2?

I moaned/stropped/hissy-fitted  campaigned for the click fest all the way through season 1!

(Even though i got a seat no matter what entry process was used  ;D)

the main entry will be quaification via online sat or regional qualifier

any seats left over will be sold in a way not yet explained but hopefully a click fest

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 23:03:59 PM »
I am sensing that the preffered luck method is the clickfest. It seems natural that if you want to play at the event you will make the time to get in the clickfest and pay your entry fee straight away, rather than enter a draw and then choose to go or not.

This is my favourite luck method over the ballot.
"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 12:30:33 PM »
Click-fest, ballot, drawing straws - anyone who really wanted to play in the APAT events last year could have played in ALL of them. 

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 13:32:09 PM »

Click-fest, ballot, drawing straws - anyone who really wanted to play in the APAT events last year could have played in ALL of them. 

How would you guarantee an entry via ballot?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 19:52:33 PM »

Not guaranteeing anything.  But if you wanted to play in ALL of the live APAT events this season you could just turn up on the day (and make sure you"re there early enough) and get in via the on-the-day reserve list.

KingPoker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 02:44:07 AM »

Not guaranteeing anything.  But if you wanted to play in ALL of the live APAT events this season you could just turn up on the day (and make sure you"re there early enough) and get in via the on-the-day reserve list.

Very true BUT (and i know im repeating myself here from previous discussions about this) why do we have to try different entry methods. Its the same "clickfest" entry method porcess that every other major live tournament uses.
And the argument of "the point of apat is to allow every member to play" doesnt fly because it cant when there is a ranking system with a top prize on offer for the player who gains the most points.
CYMRU AM BYTH!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 09:30:37 AM »

Very true BUT (and i know im repeating myself here from previous discussions about this) why do we have to try different entry methods. Its the same "clickfest" entry method porcess that every other major live tournament uses.
And the argument of "the point of apat is to allow every member to play" doesnt fly because it cant when there is a ranking system with a top prize on offer for the player who gains the most points.

Really?

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 10:01:14 AM »

tx - you sounded confident in your assertion so I was sure there was a reasonable explanation, I just couldn"t work it out myself. :)
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

KingPoker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 12:36:28 PM »

Really?

Who uses a draw process?
CYMRU AM BYTH!

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 13:09:33 PM »

Sorry can someone just clarify, what will be the main entry process used for Season 2?

From my reading, there are 3 series to enter.

Regional Amateur Championships

Regional Championship events will be one day, dealer dealt, run to APAT standardised rules and offer players 2,500 starting chips and 30 minute levels.  The buy in per event will be £20, with no registration fee. 

These events will be open to a maximum of 80 players and 10% of each field will gain an entry to a National Championship event through a share of the prize pool.

There is no mention of the entry process so I would assume that this is a "turn up & play" process at each venue. Once they get to the full number (80) on the day, that"s it.

National Amateur Championships

In addition to players who have won a seat through a Regional Amateur Championship..

....members can qualify for APAT National Championship events through a series of online satellite events at Blue Square and through direct buy in at www.apat.com. Paulie edit = [Click-fest] Specific details will be announced in the lead up to each event.

World Championship of Amateur Poker

The four Regional Champions will win an entry to the APAT World Amateur Poker Championship event.

The rest...I dunno...guess we"ll find out...if we have patience. ;D

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”