Author Topic: Sthemonkey  (Read 2936 times)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
Sthemonkey
« on: August 19, 2007, 21:17:20 PM »
 1 - WHO ARE YOU?
Simon Alcock

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?
Norwich

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?
37 Years old,single, work for Norfolk County Council

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?
Shown the basics by one of my brothers 2 years ago, play almost entirely online as there are no (legal) poker rooms near me and I hate playing rebuy tourneys  

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?
very aggressive in single table sit and gos, work it out for yourself in MTTs

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?
Dan Harrington. Reading Harrington on holdem turned me from someone who just scraped into the payout in MTTs to someone who has won a few  

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?
Pokerstars-best software - Sthemonkey
Betfair - where I consistently see my best results - Simonkey
Partypoker - where I started playing and have had my biggest online wins - see P S

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?
Winning a 1100 runner tourney on Partypoker,finishing 4th of 3500 in a WSOP main event qualifier on same site. Played 3 tourneys at Ballys in Las Vegas last year winning one and making final table in the other 2.

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?
As stated already, I hate playing rebuy tourneys. I just wish there were more opportunities to play freezouts in this country. Hopefully, if Dusk Till Dawn opens as I"m sure we all hope it will, it will have a large impact on this.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?
Pokerplayer magazine

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?
From what I"ve seen of the online tourneys, the standard of play is much higher than in some Vegas poker rooms. The live events are exactly how I think live poker should be.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?
Wasn"t successful getting a place in Ireland or Scotland, Luton will be first event

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?
You mean there is a life outside poker? I really should get out more. Going to gigs, dancing really badly in nightclubs in Norwich city centre on a friday night and fishing.

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?
Film - Finding Neverland

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?
The Levellers - Levelling the land
Nightwish - Once
Thin Lizzy - Black Rose

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?
Just in case anyone was wondering, the "S" of "Sthemonkey" stands for "Simon" not "Spank"  
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
Re: Sthemonkey
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 14:35:23 PM »
Delete any references to Betfair from the above profile, their software sucks. Any site which frequently breaks down mid tournament doesn"t deserve my patronage. Never again.
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one