Author Topic: "cannot connect to server"  (Read 17451 times)

daveyb147

• Silver Member
Re: "cannot connect to server"
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 16:27:14 PM »
well ive managed to reg for 2nite,,,just hope it takes me 2 seat,,,i need to get this sorted or my plan to win the online league  will be scuppered lololol,,,dunno where ive plucked that word from lol

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 16:29:05 PM »

well ive managed to reg for 2nite,,,just hope it takes me 2 seat,,,i need to get this sorted or my plan to win the online league  will be scuppered lololol,,,dunno where ive plucked that word from lol

when you say it doesn"t take you to your seat, do mean at the very start of the tourney?

it may just be the delay from the announced start to the time it actually does, its about 1 min and has caused me mild panic from time to time but it gets you there in the end.

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 16:30:39 PM »
Wayne, if your going to play the sat. tonight can you not try and register now. At least that way if you have probs connecting at least your only miss a few hands and not the whole thing. (I had probs last night went to sign in at 7.55pm and it took me three attempts and missed the start, but at least i was in, not for long enough though.)
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 16:34:26 PM »
Did you register earlier in the day?
They don't have late reg on ipoker?

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 16:35:48 PM »
Yes Wayne I did. two days before I think. just in case I forgot.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 19:38:17 PM »
I had this problem yesterday and this evening -

But after following that sound peice of technical advice that the tech guys at work ask?

Have you tried logging off/out and restarting?

Just a suggestion ;)
Lifes tough, its even tougher when your stupid

North London Poker Club

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 22:13:08 PM »
same again tonight,,,couldnt log in for ten minutes,,then when tourney started got  join table has timed out,,,,logged out,restarted,logged back in,,eventually got to my seat 25 mins into tourney,,,nightmare lolol

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 09:15:23 AM »
I had no connection problems last night - just problems rebuying!  It let me do the first rebuy at the start, and then I decided I needed to accumulate some chips, so I started open-shoving with any two cards, only to be cruely outdrawn by QQ against my KQ...  anyway, that wasn"t a problem as I could rebuy....erm, no I couldn"t.  It wouldn"t let me "due to technical problems" - the message said on the screen.  Then it let me rebuy once, and I wanted to take the next rebuy - but same message and this time the software was not for turning.  Somehow managed to get to the end of the rebuy period and then it wouldn"t let me add-on.

I hates the internetz sometaimz.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 11:33:30 AM »
lol, no rake on the rebuy so its a low priority issue obv
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 12:51:22 PM »

I had no connection problems last night - just problems rebuying!  It let me do the first rebuy at the start, and then I decided I needed to accumulate some chips, so I started open-shoving with any two cards, only to be cruely outdrawn by QQ against my KQ...  anyway, that wasn"t a problem as I could rebuy....erm, no I couldn"t.  It wouldn"t let me "due to technical problems" - the message said on the screen.  Then it let me rebuy once, and I wanted to take the next rebuy - but same message and this time the software was not for turning.  Somehow managed to get to the end of the rebuy period and then it wouldn"t let me add-on.

Think I know what happened here.

While the software displays "unlimited rebuys" the programmers obviously have to put in a large number as infinity does not exist in computer land.  You have obviously just reached the maximum number of rebuys allowed  ;D

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 16:20:43 PM »

Think I know what happened here.

While the software displays "unlimited rebuys" the programmers obviously have to put in a large number as infinity does not exist in computer land.  You have obviously just reached the maximum number of rebuys allowed  ;D

;D

It had obviously decided that 3 rebuys and no add-on was enough for me.  Maybe it mistook me for someone who could play?

Hillster

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 11:22:10 AM »
Hi Kinboshi,

I work for Blue Square and have looked into the issues you experienced.

If you could call our Customer Services on 0800 587 0500 and request to be put through to me, I would like to explain the results of the investigation.

Many thanks

David Abrams

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 11:59:10 AM »
This looks promising ...

Kinboshi doesn"t like to say much on here though Hillster  ::)  so it"d probably be best if you could post details of the problem yourself. You"ll see that a lot of us have had problems connecting recently and I"m sure we"d all appreciate your answers / help in resolving it.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 12:24:04 PM »

Hi Kinboshi,

I work for Blue Square and have looked into the issues you experienced.

If you could call our Customer Services on 0800 587 0500 and request to be put through to me, I would like to explain the results of the investigation.

Many thanks

David Abrams

Thanks David. Much appreciated.  Will call this weekend.

MBUTLIN

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 16:11:13 PM »

This looks promising ...

Kinboshi doesn"t like to say much on here though Hillster  ::)  so it"d probably be best if you could post details of the problem yourself. You"ll see that a lot of us have had problems connecting recently and I"m sure we"d all appreciate your answers / help in resolving it.

Hi all,

I"m very concerned that a few players have experienced connection problems and although this appears to be a minority I hope the following might help.

This advice is from Playtech, the software provider. As you will note, some of it is rather obvious in helping a bad internet connection, but please let me know if any of this makes any difference. I think point 3) may make a difference to some if they have an old or corrupted network adapter drive.

Mike (Blue Square Poker)

1) Close all other programs during the game play - other open programs, especially P2P file sharing or on-line video streams could consume too much connection bandwidth. (If player is behind home/office LAN, the other computers on the same network may also affect the general network data throughput).

2) If player"s using laptop together with WiFi connection, please advise him to consider connecting via network cable during the poker sessions. Wifi networks are generally much more unreliable and even the simplest thing, like microwave oven, could cause hiccups in the network.

3) Update drivers of the network adapter

4) Disable unnecessary network services like IPv6, QoS etc..

control panel > network connections.>

5) Contact the ISP and the reasons of intermittent connection quality.

6) Upgrade the Internet connection if possible.