Author Topic: APAT European Championship - Day 2 Live Update  (Read 91204 times)

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT European Championships Final Day Live update
« Reply #285 on: August 28, 2007, 15:29:47 PM »
Congrats to KP  - and all the final table-ists, getting that far is some achievement in itself.

One note to Des - the trifle in the buffet was good, but not exceptional. Can you make sure this lapse doesn"t happen again, we expect only the very best. It"s the details like these that will make or break APAt.   ;D
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

RichEO

• Bronze Member
« Reply #286 on: August 28, 2007, 15:49:11 PM »

Rich - you played a stormer, as you did in the drunken dealer"s choice game on the Saturday night.  Great call with the TT.

;D

I reraised him ;)

Did you even play a hand in that game, don"t think I saw you enter a pot!

rejmak

• Silver Member
« Reply #287 on: August 28, 2007, 17:25:18 PM »
Hello all
I wanna  congrats. winner and all players. It was great fun for me to play with all of you and wanna thanks to  people who organized this tournament.

Thanks to Des who was support me with my play in my first APAT tournament and second live tournament ever.

Also wanna thanks Andrew Duncan who help me in day1 after loosing lot chips in my stupid bet.

I hope to see you all to next event

Marcin Rejmak
polish player
finish 11th

PS Des if you have any photos on your camera could you send me please on PM or e-mail marcin-rejmak@*******.***

modified to remove email address.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 18:21:50 PM by APAT »

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #288 on: August 28, 2007, 17:51:21 PM »
Rejmak, am I right in thinking the "stupid bet" you were referring to was when you lost 40000 chips by accidently "mucking" your cards against Mike Chapman? If it was, then all I can say is that you must have played a blinder after that to have finished as high as you did, so well played. I was sitting to your left at the time and like you I was pleasantly surprised to hear Andrew Duncan supporting you afterwards. This was my first live freezeout outside Las Vegas and my assumption was that most players would take any chance to bury an opponent. The fact that Andrew said so much to try and keep your spirits up says a lot about the spirit of APAT but also says an awful lot about Andrew himself.    
  Incidently, The final results show that I was in one hell of a difficult seat at that point. Mike Chapman to my left, then to my right, in order, Marcin Rejmak,Andrew Duncan then Surah Shah. Tough spot that.
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

jon_garrett

• Bronze Member
« Reply #289 on: August 28, 2007, 17:57:53 PM »
Many thanks to the crew for the wonderful organisation, it was a great two days. Many congrats to mr.  7h :2h: on the win and scott and mike for 2nd and 3rd. Just a shame my monster stack at the final table only got me 4th place. Be warned, I will return. Jon

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #290 on: August 28, 2007, 18:11:02 PM »

Hello all
I wanna  congrats. winner and all players. It was great fun for me to play with all of you and wanna thanks to  people who organized this tournament.

Thanks to Des who was support me with my play in my first APAT tournament and second live tournament ever.

Also wanna thanks Andrew Duncan who help me in day1 after loosing lot chips in my stupid bet.

Marcin Rejmak
polish player
finish 11th

PS Des if you have any photos on your camera could you send me please on PM or e-mail marcin-rejmak@******.***

Hello Marcin,

I am the man you put out with  ac kh , when the board came 4 clubs v my  8s 8h. Just onw of them things but well done mate....

Hope to see you at the other tourneys, very well played to get 11th out of 300.

BTW what is that with the 40,000 chips and your mucked hand.... Never heard about that one

Jimmy
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 18:22:22 PM by APAT »
"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #291 on: August 28, 2007, 18:14:24 PM »

Congrats to KP  - and all the final table-ists, getting that far is some achievement in itself.

One note to Des - the trifle in the buffet was good, but not exceptional. Can you make sure this lapse doesn"t happen again, we expect only the very best. It"s the details like these that will make or break APAt.   ;D

Noted.

;D

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #292 on: August 28, 2007, 18:24:45 PM »

Hello all

Marcin Rejmak
polish player
finish 11th

PS Des if you have any photos on your camera could you send me please on PM or e-mail marcin-rejmak@*******.***

modified to remove email address.

It was an absolute pleasure to support you in the tournament Marcin and you can feel very proud of an outstanding performance.

Links to the pictures will be posted very shortly and you will be able to download any from there.

Cheers,

Des.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #293 on: August 28, 2007, 18:32:56 PM »

Rich - you played a stormer, as you did in the drunken dealer"s choice game on the Saturday night.  Great call with the TT.

;D

Was that drunken dealer"s comma choice game or drunken comma dealer"s choice game ;D ;D ;D

rejmak

• Silver Member
« Reply #294 on: August 28, 2007, 18:34:08 PM »
Yes you right monkeyman i was talking about that bet i was just thinking that Mike go all-in not raise (i think he had less chips than 40k)thats why i show my TT and dont say call befor. It just my english its still not good and just dont really understand whats happend there.
And About Andrew you are right he was talking alot with me if not he i will go all-in with next hand at that moment i just stop care whats happend next.
He was very good for me and iam happy he get to final 9. GOOD JOB ANDREW!!!

Thank you Des i will be waiting for that and i hope i see you soon on next APAT event

And sorry Jimmy i remebmer that hand i was really lucky on river sorry for that and i wanna play as many APAT tournament i can so see you there Jimmy

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #295 on: August 28, 2007, 18:47:08 PM »
Well done to all.  Thought Jon Garrett was going to walk it after knocking me out in 23rd.    Great tournament, well done guys.  Hope to see you all at the next one.

Leigh Wiltshire

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #296 on: August 29, 2007, 16:30:24 PM »
Hi Guys,

Andrew Duncan here of 9th place fame - that"s exactly 1 hand at the final table!!

Wanna congrats all involved for a great couple of days. Going home after day 1 on 28k chips felt as if I was going to have a wasted 200+ miles round trip on the Monday but as it turned out I hit some hands early and managed to cash. Ended up staying to the end and watched a fantastic heads up battle. Well done to KP!

Special mention to Marcin, I felt so gutted for him when he lost 40K+ chips on a complete misunderstanding. He was playing fantastic up till then and his english let him down not his poker. I just pointed out to him that the ave stack at the time was 42K and his 40K left was therefore not a disaster. He took some convincing though! He also took a lot of convincing that  td th was not in great shape against Mike"s  qh qs especially considering that someone had mucked a 10 so he actually saved the extra 18k or so. He ended up sleeping in his car that night and came back and won £600 - great work. That"s a lot of zloty"s!!

I was sitting to your left at the time and like you I was pleasantly surprised to hear Andrew Duncan supporting you afterwards. This was my first live freezeout outside Las Vegas and my assumption was that most players would take any chance to bury an opponent.

I waited a couple of rounds and then stole some blinds once he calmed down  ;)

See you all at the next event.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

bigal371

« Reply #297 on: August 30, 2007, 01:54:35 AM »
hi all,

first time posted on the apat finished 5th on monday, wanna say well played all especially gareth. enjoyed it great weekend ;D

al.

Cazzaline

• Silver Member
« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2007, 19:02:15 PM »
Congratulations Gareth! and well done to all who made the final table you should all be really proud.

Hope you see you all soon

Caz

KingPoker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #299 on: August 30, 2007, 19:09:15 PM »
Thankyou very much everyone, means a lot.

Hope to see you all in the next APAT event or at least sometime in Season 2.

All the best

Gareth
CYMRU AM BYTH!