Author Topic: Toe'd in the Hole  (Read 37633 times)

bigredders

• Gold Member
Re: Toe'd in the Hole
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2009, 08:44:46 AM »

I had a bit of free (me) time yesterday evening, Which inevitably meant Poker.

However i took two Beats from some donkey who called my all in shove with 93 off vs my AK ( i was button - he was SB - blinds 50/100 - i had about 1800 - he had 1500) and then beats my AT two hands later when he calls another All in from me with 32 and proceeds to ruin my night!!

PC was off and i was tilting big style!

Oh well back to the game tonight!! ;D

why do these donkeys always seem to hit? cant the "poker gods" teach them a lesson?

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2009, 10:53:51 AM »

I had a bit of free (me) time yesterday evening, Which inevitably meant Poker.

However i took two Beats from some donkey who called my all in shove with 93 off vs my AK ( i was button - he was SB - blinds 50/100 - i had about 1800 - he had 1500) and then beats my AT two hands later when he calls another All in from me with 32 and proceeds to ruin my night!!

PC was off and i was tilting big style!

Oh well back to the game tonight!! ;D

why do these donkeys always seem to hit? cant the "poker gods" teach them a lesson?

they do!!

By letting them win hands like these they continue to play poorly and unprofitably
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2009, 17:07:38 PM »
The worst thing is that he LOL"d as he Called!!

AAAArrrrrrggggghhhhh i could have gone mental and would of if it was live!!!!
Lifes tough, its even tougher when your stupid

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2009, 10:18:42 AM »
My plans for today are as follows.

1) sort out my PC - it is running very Slowly!!

2) Go and get a paper - maybe have a bet - and get a few Olives!!

3) Pacific Poker 5pm $2000 gtd freeroll - c450players

4) Grand Prix Qualifying/Sport on TV in General

5) Drink some Vinatge Cider - very nice thatchers 2008 - 7.4% so not to much!

6) other MTT"s

The above plan is in no particular order!

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2009, 11:46:19 AM »

My plans for today are as follows.

3) Pacific Poker 5pm $2000 gtd freeroll - c450players

5) Drink some Vinatge Cider - very nice thatchers 2008 - 7.4% so not to much!

6) other MTT"s

The above plan is in no particular order!

nothing AVG couldnt sort

chuck in some olive bread and a few flat mushrooms and we nearly have dinner - oh and some strawberries as well!

Just about to settle down to the start of qualifying.... is lewis going to be quick??

MTT"s and Poker to follow...

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2009, 17:54:52 PM »
I haven"t played as much poker on my week off as i would have hoped but that is probably a good thing after - i busted too tourneys in a row on Sunday (including the League game) with AK against AA & KK - but what can you do - the KK hand that i lost against i should have got away from and one thing i have learned is that i wont be getting it all in pre (for the most Part) with AK and i certainly will be thinking about calling all in shoves with it!

But like i have said i have really played much poker - i have been mainly decorating - which is OK as it keeps the missus happy - and lets me get away with a bit more in the long run - but i have played a few MTTs, Cashed fairly deep in an Omaha tourney 23rd of c900 and i have also had two FTs and a 12th in the last 3 NLH MTTs - just looking for that top spot to get me going again!

Other than that - i plan to play the Bsq 6kgtd tonight and a few others that suit if get knocked out early doors! and i have a Home game tomorrow!

It kicks of at 5pm with a £10 Sng 3k chips and a medium 20 minute clock.. i plan to take a few photos to post on here - so people will be able to get an idea of the set up!

The SNG will be followed by a curry and a cash game with 10p/20p blinds. there normally ends up with excess of £300 on the table by the end of the night!!

I am looking forward to this as i need the practice for the WCOAP... and the assault on Vegas for mine and the missus 30ths!!

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2009, 17:07:09 PM »
Make that 3 FT"s/4!!

Anyway - the Home Game in the end we only had 6 as someone (my sister) decided to have a BBQ and the Casual players went to that. but i think that a blast was had by all!

We started with a £10 sng - which saw me exit first - Blinds 100/200 - I have about 2.3k from a 3k start-stack and am in the Cutoff - Player to my right- UTG +1 raises to 525 - he has played virtually every pot and is intelligently aggressive - anyway - i look down and See the AK of Hearts (see the previous post) and i ship it over the Top - he calls suspecting i have a biggish pair/AQ+ (i am Quite tight you see) and shows a pair of Jacks! board no help and that is me gone!

Anyway the Missus went on to claim 2nd - and no word of a lie - we have probably played 25-30 home game Sngs and she has an In the cash percentage of about 95%, i cant honestly remember the last time she didn"t cash. all she needs to do is pluck up the courage to play a live event!!! maybe I"ll just buy her in to the next APAT event!!

After the Sng we played Cash NLH - but i find that this get a bit monotonous so i suggested that we play a bit of PLO as well - with the Dealer making the choice! and on the first Hand 3players got it all in on the Flop - there was some hefty pre flop betting - two players had Aces - one of them was double suited and the other had Q-10 with his -

Anyway after sorting out all of the Monies in the middle - The missus - playing her first hand of PLO wins a £60 pot with a straight and doesn"t even realise she has it!!! - but it certainly made for a more interesting night and i think that PLO will once again be added to the games in the future

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2009, 07:26:29 AM »
I Officially Suck @ Poker.......

No Further Comments......

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2009, 07:11:36 AM »
I"m Staying Away from NLH for the next few days .....

Played a bit of PLO last night and ended up 2x Buyins - My first profit for some time (i have been playing NLH MTTs very unsuccessfully)!!! So will stay on this path for a while longer....

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2009, 08:18:05 AM »
Well the turning a profit at PLO didn"t last too long - after 3 days (only a few hrs really) of play and after at a point being 6x buy ins up i am now a break even player again - oh dear - my terrible run continues!!

But on a more positive note - i did have a fairly deep run in one of my regular MT Ts but just missed out on the final table when i busted in 13/367 when i open shoved with 10"s and was called by the big stack with AQ which obviously won as i couldn"t win a flip to save my life at the moment!

But Variance being what it is i am sure i can come out of the other side and start to get my game back!

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2009, 18:04:53 PM »
Just a quick point of note should any of the European Team Event captains happen to read this!

I"m English Born and Bred, however i have an Irish Father and a Scottish Mother!!

Ive been on Holiday to Spain, France, Portugal & Italy. All lovely places.

Ive also visited the Netherlands (my most favourite place - i bet you cant guess where ::)) Germany, Belgium & Austria!

Sweden, Norway, Hungary & Russia are on my to do list!!!

Not sure if I would wanna Play for the other team (i do have a Welsh Girlfriend though) ;D

I also Play poker... I"m not saying i am good - Just that I play

Capt"s Take Note

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2009, 18:15:52 PM »
I had my first tournament win in a while last night - nothing major but at the level i normally play at it was a pretty decent return.

$1 $500gtd freeze-out on pacific 344 horses so a bit of an overlay and $125 to me!!! Ship it! anyway - this comes of the back of a fair few cashes but nothing major, so onwards and upwards for the league game on Sunday!!

;)

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2009, 19:34:09 PM »
Well its been a while since i wrote anything so i thought i"d let people know whats been going on!

and the answer is..... I probably cant write what i really want as the mods will be removing my thread and taking it to their special hidey hole that only mods get to look in!!

But things have not been going very well for me at all really, Poker wise that is. Life outside of poker ticks along rather nicely for the most part - but poker is really starting to get to me at the moment!

It seems that variance has decided to grab me by the ******** and not let go (in fact i think that it is ever so slightly twisting them as well)!!

For the level that i play at - mainly <$5 MTTS i have not had a cash for about 3 weeks (see above post for last MTT win) - i"m getting out flopped left right and center - running sets into bigger sets - pairs into overpairs and i cant remember the last time that i had a draw get there!

the sum total of this is that it is affecting my game and my confidence and things aint looking good going into the worlds - if it wasnt for the fact that the hotel is booked i was seriously considering selling my seat and probably would have done by now!

The fact that i havent played any live poker for a while is also playing on my mind - so i am looking to get to the international to dust of the cobwebs in the next few weeks and hopefully get back a bit of form and some confidence... or just to donate like i have been doing!

Oh well a few more weeks to get things sorted or when the worlds come about ill be the depressed looking fella in the rubertoe T-shirt!!

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2009, 16:05:15 PM »
Very Sad news to hear of the Passing of Sir Bobby Robson Today -

The football world has lost a true gentleman and a great manager and also the man that bought to the world the Attention of Ronaldo!

Anyway - I might atempt to give this poker thingy a go again tonight and see where that gets me!

i plan on playing the 25k on pacific and maybe a few other tourneys as well - This starts at 8:35 so expect a full tourny report some time around 8:45!!LOL

I am Donk - there i have admitted it (isnt admitting it supposed to be the hard part?) - now the hard part comes in trying to fight the donkness and cash in a tourney!

Wish me luck - I am gonna need it!

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2009, 18:16:48 PM »
Well things worked out all right in the end....

Didnt play any poker as planned on friday due to getting drunk with the misus, which is a much better way of spending a friday night if you ask me!  ;D ;D

Anyway, saturday I went to watch the emerates cup game between Arsenal & At Madrid, the game was typical of a pre -season freindly with none of the cut and thrust of a league game on a cold saturday afternoon in january and all of damp and squibness of a dull weekend in Dorset.

I managed to get home early enough on saturday to play one of my usual tournements and with not much expectation other than to concentrate and do my best - 3 hours and 57 minutes and 344 players despatched by the wayside i was the last man standing!! it feels good to win again!!!!!

;)

Sunday i went to the game against rangers and this was marginally better all though the tempo was still pretty slow - looks like AW has got another gem - keep a look out for Jack Wilshire! rangers were pretty poor, but then i didnt expect too much from them - Great support though put us gooners to shame (highbury was the library).

I cashed in the Pokerstars freeroll for $8 - so i now have roll on there and will see if i can spin that up - 10c sng anyone??
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 18:36:47 PM by rubertoe »

North London Poker Club