Author Topic: Toe'd in the Hole  (Read 37628 times)

rubertoe

• Gold Member
Re: Toe'd in the Hole
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2009, 07:28:08 AM »
I came, I saw, I left pretty Early!! That is my thoughts on the WCOAP weekend!

Although other than the Poker (which i am finally starting to learn that i suck at) i had a pretty good weekend!

I"m not sure what really happened at the ME - other than the fact that i might have invented a new style of poker - Loose p/f, Weak Flop! That is what it felt like to me anyway! I had planned on playing uber tight and then just completely deviated away from that strategy and was calling far too much (at least this is something i have realised) added to the fact that i couldn"t hit a flop either then i had no chance really!

i did manage to get my last 3k in on turn holding 8s 9s, and the board reading  7s 5s jh 9h - but a red king on the river sealed my fate - as i was called by AJ when the chips went in! so i quietly left the Club!!!

I am feeling a bit down hearted about it all really - as i know that i can play allot better than I did - i just seem to playing very ****e at the moment and cant get any momentum going and not really enjoying playing.

So me thinks i am going to leave Poker well alone for a while and see if i can get back the love that i had for the game when i first started to play - because after all, poker is a game and what is the point of playing if I am not enjoying it!

See you all soon again.

Maybe

PS. Caroline Cunningham-Brown, man can she Talk (but what a lovely lady)!!!
Lifes tough, its even tougher when your stupid

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2009, 16:49:38 PM »
I have a spare copy of "play Poker like the Pro"s" - Phil hellmuth!

If anyone wants this then PM me your address and i"ll happily pop it in the post to you free of charge!! ;D ;D

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2009, 16:24:04 PM »
Well its been a while - But i am back on the felt!

I didnt play any poker for the whole month of September after the WCOAP, and having withdrawn all online funds i thought i would try a new site, with Stars being the choice for the new home! Although having said that i have withdrawn all online funds i am still awaiting a Bankers Draft from 888, the little scamps.

I have a few issues with 888, one being that they were reluctant to relase me my funds as i have never made a deposit on their site, it was the first site i stumbled across when i started to play o line and my GF was reluctant to let me deposit, so i didnt and over the course of about 2 years i managed to win a bit in a few freerolls, and eventually parled that upto about $900 - now here comes my problem - the refused to relase the funds to me untill i gave them the details of the Credit Card that i deposited with. See my Problem, I never made a Deposit and for the matter i dont have a credit Card (i like to live within my means).

Anyhow after Irate e-mails and one very annoyed calls to their customer services - i proved who i was - i am me by the way! and i should receive my money in the next few days!

Anyway i am no on Stars and after an initial deposit i am breaking even and just trying to find my level - Probably looking to play low stakes MTT"s and a few satelites to the sunday biggies! But we shall see as there have been no significant wins as of yet although i did finish 55/20000+ runners in the EPT live freeroll - So you never know!

Back to the felt

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee ;D ;D

North London Poker Club

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2010, 10:26:35 AM »
WOW -its been along time since my last post and a lot has happened!

Well in fact that isn"t entirely correct - not allot has happened hence why i haven"t posted!

It all started back in November when the little light on the back of my PC started blinking and the bloody thing wouldn"t turn on! so after much deliberation i decided to invest in a new PC all well and good - but when i tried to reconnect my modem router to it i found it to be non compatible with windows 7 and a 64bit PC!

so a call was made to my ISP and a new router was ordered - i was told that it should be with me within 3-5 working days, this was on the 16 of November and it arrived on the 19th of January! oh my god - i even wrote a letter of complaint and made severally people cry over the phone - that is what happens when you have call centers in India and employ people who don"t know what there doing!

So without the Internet i have not been able to play any poker - but it has given me the opportunity to do the other thing that i love the most and that is to get out on my bike!

anyway - i am now back at the virtual felt and looking forward to season 4 and hoping to play a lot more live! Roll on the schedule (its probably already announced - i just haven"t looked yet)

Rubertoe

North London Poker Club

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »

anyway - i am now back at the virtual felt and looking forward to season 4 and hoping to play a lot more live! Roll on the schedule (its probably already announced - i just haven"t looked yet)

sigh - you are joking of course....

Welcome back to the blog - you were missed