Author Topic: Access to Blue Square site using AOL  (Read 9671 times)

Charlie44

• Silver Member
Access to Blue Square site using AOL
« on: February 19, 2009, 18:29:18 PM »
After a week I still am not able to access the Blue square site and very little seems to be being done to resolve the issue. All aol and talk talk customers are affected. I have missed 2 APAT tourneys and it looks like I"ll be missing the Welsh online tourney on Saturday and the on-line qualifiers next week for the Cardiff tourney.

If anybody from APAT could put some pressure on to get this matter resolved I would much appreciate it? Or are there any other suggestions to get the matter resolved. I"m tied to aol so cant change my service provider.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 18:30:51 PM by Charlie44 »

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Access to Blue Square site using AOL
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 19:10:51 PM »
There is a thread discussing these issues HERE with a recent update from Kinboshi.
Mary Kivlin

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 19:28:50 PM »

There is a thread discussing these issues HERE with a recent update from Kinboshi.

Many thanks . Guess I"ll just have to wait and hope for the best.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 19:35:33 PM »
bloody american ISP blocking internet poker!!

think i would be looking to serve notice on them at this stage - no way any ISP that I pay a fortune to us going to dictate what I can and can"t do with my money!!

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 19:43:22 PM »

think i would be looking to serve notice on them at this stage - no way any ISP that I pay a fortune to us going to dictate what I can and can"t do with my money!!

Get rid -- I don"t care if they think they have you tied into a contract -- it is not fit for purpose -- so dump em get the mac code and leave

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 20:33:23 PM »

Get rid -- I don"t care if they think they have you tied into a contract -- it is not fit for purpose -- so dump em get the mac code and leave

The mac code ?

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 20:44:43 PM »
If you fone AOL and let them know that you are not happy with their service and that the main reason you go online is to play poker and AOL wont let you access the sites due to their error you are going elsewhere.  Tell them you want your Mac Code right away so u can then phone up a new ISP and give them that code so you can get broadband with them.
Mary Kivlin

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 21:01:04 PM »

If you fone AOL and let them know that you are not happy with their service and that the main reason you go online is to play poker and AOL wont let you access the sites due to their error you are going elsewhere.  Tell them you want your Mac Code right away so u can then phone up a new ISP and give them that code so you can get broadband with them.

Thanks for the advice

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 21:39:48 PM »

what the oracle said -- jesus girl you have a way with words  ;D ;D ;D ;D

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 21:49:34 PM »
Its the Scottish/Irish in me, i dont mess about :D :D :D
Mary Kivlin