Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 355981 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Assault on the I-Poker $250k
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 16:45:42 PM »
Qualified for the Sunday Main Event on I-Poker.

Buy in $300 + 20 - likely to be 800 Runners.

I am there for $154 ... so I will divert away from the PokerStars Warm Up.

Pushed with A9 to kill QQ in the BB.

Tough for the Queens who later pushed with JJ in to 99 ... and AA from the ChipLeader to create a double bubble ... and send me to the show.

I have been playing a little cash and playing with PokerTracker which might sway me into playing for cash ... we shall see ...

Cash today was +$8 ... just filling breaks ... so +$551 ... with a go at the $250k.

6th place and up - to reach my $10k target in a week ... what price?

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 21:06:04 PM »
... middle of the field in the $250k ... NO CARDS ... pushed with what seemed like top pair and a gutshot ... ran into trips ...

In the league match ... played loose ... then got cards ... then rather gave it away ... top pair and top kicker into a set ... but I could have got away from it.

Go Edinburgh.

Get drawn into a final foray in the Betfair Eyes Wide Shut ... no joy ... - $57 ... for a RT of +$494 ...

Nay - Golf bets to net off too ... make that +$354 ...

L
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 23:22:01 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 14:06:07 PM »
... beautifully sunny in London today ... 17 degrees ... so they say ...

Nice to wander across Tower Bridge in the sparkling sunshine ... time for sunglasses at last ... but when the shades go on ... you think and smile of poker too!

I will play the Sat tonight ... pondering options for later in the week.

£200 freeze out at the Loose Cannon in London on Thursday night. (No idea how many runners are expected!)

£300 GUKPT event at the Vic starting Thursday at 8pm - two days - last year got 165 runners.

Pondering ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 00:15:57 AM »
Eyes Wide Shut my savour again ... this time due to outrageous luck ... but definately going to take that ...

4th place this time ... for $500 and $480 up on the day ... RT +$834.

Last 7 runnings (that I have played) of the event I have finished 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th ...

Not sure what this makes me think about GUKPT events ... with that luck I had I would go far ... but perhaps it is purely for nonsense turbos ...

Failed to qualify for the World Amateur thing ... endless mid pairs ... none hit ... such is life ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 23:56:34 PM »
... no progress today ... just played the Eyes Wide Shut and got no where ... called QQ vs 99 ... and JJ came for the ride ... Queens held up ... and then I pusked with K7 into AJ ... King on the river makes a pair for me but a flush for my opponent ...

All pretty standard ... played come cash ... win and then back to level - $54.

RT+$780.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 02:33:47 AM »
... the classic poker end ... QQ vs AK ... 11th of 119 ... in the $12.5k g"tee $100+9 buy in ... $150 returned ... narrow chip leader with about 35 left ... pretty card dead for the next hour ... field then pretty crunched up ... chip leader rasing and hitting everything including 74s vs 99 (not mine) ... but no possible escape from QQ to his initial raise ... and out you go 5 hours in ... sigh.

+$821 Running Total.

Notable hands ... I managed to lay down KK to a re-raise with a board of 7QQ ... he showed KQ!

KJ I spiked a K ... pushed into AA ... but caught a Jack ... so overall a lucky $150 ... but once in play a terrible defeat ... so often at the end a hand that plays itself and eliminates you ...

L
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:49:11 AM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 23:50:58 PM »
... minor cash win +$29 ...

Clickfest done - so looking forward to first visit to DTD and the World Championships!

I think I will net the $140 off now ... so RT = +$710.

Pretty sleepy tonight - glad that I didn"t fire up either the GUKPT or the Loose Cannon ... sleep will be sweet ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 18:12:58 PM »
... Friday nights are football nights for me ... such a delight to smash the ball into a net ... but looks like I will miss the chance to play in the pot limit Omaha Amateur World Championship event ... mmm

This week has been more signified by food than poker ...

Excellent Sushi/Sashimi at Kuramaya and an excellent meat feast at Hawksmoor ... not sure what is required next??

When I am in Scotland in the main I eat - Lemon Curd on Toast/Tomato Soup and Chilli ... I like the thought of that ...

Louis

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »
... Omaha not sold out by 11pm ... so looks like I will have to teach myself to play tournament Omaha!

My social football great fun but a night when I really couldn"t hit a barn door ... TERRIBLE.

Cash ... getting smashed up by J - Flush vs Nut-Flush and 666 vs Nut-Flush ... did quite well to get away with a -$76 run ...

Net off the Omaha ... and back to +$546.

Aside - the Loose Cannon appeared to get c3 runners for its £250 double chance ... so play a £20 freezeout instead ... GENIUS!

Birthday party tonight ... so may try to find a suitable sat" for Sunday tournament.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »
... right ... back in order ... $50 to $176 playing heads up ... RT +$672

Breakfast time.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 17:45:42 PM »
... getting a bit loose in the early afternoon ... a pretty soft loss of $111.

I think this is the type of leakage that dents profits ... you try things at the wrong times ... but fire an extra and pointless bullet into a made hand ... mmm

RT +$561

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 11:57:48 AM »
... super Poker Sunday about to begin with $32 + 3 re-buy to qualify for $300+20 seat in the I-Poker $250k.

$56 of cash profits this morning despite a seeminglessly stream of straights and flushes against me.

Bit hungover which is usually a good sign ...

RT + $617

May try to double up with Betfair"s new $80k??

They also have a new $22k with a $20+2 buy in.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 17:33:53 PM »
... qualification secured in the $250k on I-Poker for $196 (Buy in $300+20)

Betfair $80k ... no such luck ... flopped set dies to a flopped flush ...

7pm kick off (RT +$330 plus any returns).

Watching Liverpool ... I have money on Man U for league and Champions League on Betfair ... perhaps time to adjust my position!?

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 22:02:23 PM »
... what a tedious ending to the weekend"s poker ... early position raise with A3 suited ... I push with AK ... he calls and hits a full house of threes and tens. 270th ish of 822 ... 100 paid ... so lots still to do but with few cards would have settled to double up and start gunning from a little below an average chip stack.

Golf bets -$36 ... RT +$294.

Hard to suggest a cure for such tournament endings ... better than QQ vs AK (standard).

The humour of a Goosen win (if he makes it) ... pretty dry ... having backed him last week.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 02:14:00 AM »
Late night poker!

Just waded through 5.5 hours of qualifier for the Brighton Main Event (over Easter weekend) ... $100+10 buy in.

27 runners for 2 * $1,000 packages and one $700 consolation.

In the end I took the consolation ... after about an hour with the three of us left ... and Ladbrokes seemingly unable to do a deal ... for three times $900 packages ... maybe they cannot do deals ... who knows ...

Anyway -$26 cash ... so +$565 on the day ...

RT back to +$859 ... which is respectable with both the World Amateur events paid for ...

I think I will use this cash to attack the Brighton festival.

Plans for Vegas also a foot ...

I lucked out with AQ vs KK ... straight on the river ... but otherwise played well ... and would have likely had a main prize but for losing AQ vs AT.

One of the winners also allowed a short stack to come back from 540 chips to 25,000 by betting me out of a pot ... GENIUS!

Feel quite sharp tonight which is pleasing ... amazing what dishing out a bad beat can do for you.

L