Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 360595 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1800 on: June 16, 2013, 22:03:00 PM »
Chopped my Cilic beat at 1-0 ... had his chances ... served badly ...

Poker Tournaments followed a familiar line ...

Approaching money in $80 warm up on DTD ... AK vs AQs vs AJ ... AQs hits a flush on the river ...

DTD $215 "Main Event" ... A9 called down by QTo ... which hits a flush on the river ...

Hunter Mahan going okay ... by Rose now favourite ... will let it run for a while ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1801 on: June 22, 2013, 20:43:52 PM »
... run bad continues ...

Last hand I raise with 99 get called in 4 spots .... flop J98 ... I bet out ... and get it all in vs 88 ... turn 8 ...

Four snowmen of the apocalypse ...

Qualified for the Big $162 ...

Exited J6 into J76 vs JJ ...

I am sure there is a message here ...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 22:05:43 PM by Honeybadg »

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1802 on: June 23, 2013, 00:27:28 AM »

... run bad continues ...

Last hand I raise with 99 get called in 4 spots .... flop J98 ... I bet out ... and get it all in vs 88 ... turn 8 ...

Four snowmen of the apocalypse ...

Qualified for the Big $162 ...

Exited J6 into J76 vs JJ ...

I am sure there is a message here ...

The message being: how did you see a flop with J6?

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1803 on: June 23, 2013, 17:30:28 PM »
J6 - cheap enough - deep enough - in position - gets fully paid vs AA, KK, QQ, AJ on this flop - plus whatever bluffs/semi bluffs I can manage.

Damage done in the Warm Up today playing A4 ... flop 653 ... turn 9 ... river 7 ... vs 88 ...
Then KTo into QJx shove vs AQ (George Bedi) ...

General thought is that you "need" to look to build a stack when deep enough to be creative.
I could have just called vs the 88 - but was about the only hand (of many) that made sense and "killed me".

Playing the ZOOM tournament at 6pm ... will be interesting ... first ZOOM tournament that I have played.
See if I can find a weird and wonderful exit.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1804 on: June 23, 2013, 20:11:24 PM »
ZOOM - AK vs AQ no good ... it"s the classic hit the K on the turn ... J on the river for the straight ... so dull ... still a little way to go to the money ... but played well ... good fun ... good format ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1805 on: September 15, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
Here we go again ... the summer has gone ... time to play some poker!

Played the Big $22 on Stars the other day ... AJ into AxxJ ... vs AA ... standard ... perhaps this hand should warn me off the tables ...

Not sure how much time I will have to play ... but WCOOP 22 ... the obvious place to start ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1806 on: September 15, 2013, 20:20:11 PM »
WCOOP22 - made break 4 - but then AK vs JJ ... Axx flop ... x ... J ... all in pre ... just a weird flip defeat ... then A2 into A9 for the dust that remained ... needed a ten or higher on the river for a split ... but no help ... and back to sleep!

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1807 on: January 08, 2014, 18:40:59 PM »
... and basically no poker since my last post ... played a tournament the other night ... got into the money ... lost the race ... yawn!

All that said it was a resolution to look to play more in 2014!

Will try to play the APAT £200 at Aspers ... how many runners expected??

Heading to Vegas in March - but will be a cash only trip.

Once you step away from the tables/screens it seems insane to return - but fun!

More to follow ...

L

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #1808 on: January 08, 2014, 19:05:09 PM »
Sorry, do we know you ?

The name sounds familiar, but I can"t quite work it out.  The memory isn"t as good as it used to be.   ;D

Glad to see you are still around Louis, hopefully catch up in London at the WCOAP.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1809 on: January 08, 2014, 19:42:49 PM »
It"s been a long time ...

Lost track of what is happening tournament wise.

Not quite sure what I have been doing on Sunday nights - but not been playing the warm up ...

Lost in space ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1810 on: January 26, 2014, 21:41:02 PM »
I remember this ... 366th of 4123 in the TCOOP-17 ... choose a spot and get lucky ... 85s ... got to be live ... called up by 88 ... I of course hit a 5 ... Min Cash $366.66 ... $125k up top ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1811 on: September 27, 2015, 10:13:03 AM »
It has been a long time!

I was chatting to a friend the other day, and was saying that I had played about 7 hours poker in 17 months. Nearly two years since I played a face to face event (that I can remember).

Glorious sunshine in London - so I decided it was time to return to The Vic.

Super stack event - £150+15 (One re-entry allowed) - 30,000 chips - 12 * 30 minutes levels - likely to be £15k+ up top.

Level 1 25/50 - Maniac"s standard raise to 1050 - wait for cards none come - maniac will broadly three barrel anyone who calls him so an expensive game to play.

Clearly getting too much action with his 21BB approach - he goes for the raise to 1350 UTG - amusingly gets 4 callers (not including me). His first barrel only gets rid of one caller ... second barrel gets rid of nobody ... River brings a possible flush and the BB jams it all in. Escape route not taken - he dwell calls - next to act also calls - last to act folds trip tens. Pretty weird hard on level 1 of a 600BB event ... BB has the Queen Flush ... Maniac mucks ... other caller trip aces from the flop ... so we have a mega stack and two exits on level 1.

Level 2 - only 300BB now - we lost two more - happily one to me with 73s in the BB - flop 732 - he triple barrels 200BB with his UTG Q5 raise which never improved.

Now chipped up I can happily play everything in position and happily take out a speech maker with 42o, making the wheel on the turn and three times average chips by level 6.

Beautiful table is split up but momentum continues with another gift AQ vs A4 into AQx - they re-raised pre flop and barrelled it off. This took me to c170k and still 2.5 times the average.

Next table split is promising but no cards and I finished the day on 127,400 vs 104,400 average - all to play for.
I think more like £18k up top now - maybe more. Likely to be c145 runners left for today.

Looking forward to day 2 - hoping for a favourable draw to hoover up short stacks.
Standard was generally terrible - which is incredibly encouraging but there are some monster stacks kicking about - will be nice to attack these too.

So it"s a ... steak and eggs ... sunshine ... poker day ... life is good.

L

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1812 on: September 27, 2015, 12:16:37 PM »
Poker is too hard these days, gl for today and welcome back.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1813 on: September 27, 2015, 12:31:56 PM »
Welcome back Louis and good luck today!
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member