Author Topic: hi_am_chris  (Read 2715 times)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
hi_am_chris
« on: September 10, 2007, 05:57:49 AM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU? Chris Hiam, 22, Student at Leeds Met Uni

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

Will be included at a later date

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

From Hebden Bridge which is on the border of Lancashire and Yorkshire pretty much, hopefully living in Ledds for the next year.

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

Total sports obsessive (although i might not look it), big Burnley FC fan along with Gloucester Ruby and Gloucestershire CCC. Play a lot of snooker as well as way too much online poker. Spend the rest of the time either studying or down at the pub.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

Been playing roughly a year and a half so still a newbie really. Got interested watching the first series of Poker Million on sky sports although i had no idea what was going on. Played play money for the first time online shortly after that but very briefly. Fast forward to January last year and me and a few mates started playing more and more regularly. Started to understand the game more and read a few books as well as dabbling with the 5 50 sit n gos on Pacific Poker and Holdempoker. Moved to Partypoker and played mainly 1 to 3 dollar tournaments and made four final tables in 1500 player fields in one week cashing for about 900 dollars in total, not bad for 1 dollar tournys :D Finally got bored of Partypoker when they banned americans and the fields were vastly reduced and decided to move to Pokerstars where ive played ever since. Also played other sites including Full tilt, Blue Square, Gala poker, Virgin poker etc..

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

Id like to thinks its progressing to tight aggressive but probably still needs tweaking a bit.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?

Favourite players include Ram Vaswani and Phil Laak, Ram because of his aggression and creativity at the felt and Phil just because i find the guy hilarious as well as having a decent poker brain.

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?

Pokerstars - Hi_am_chris

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

Had quite a few 100 dollar plus cashes in smaller events but still awaiting a big score. Finnished tenth in the 5 dollar rebuys going out with aq v a10 allin pre flop which cost me a thousand dollar cash :(

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

More decent freezouts with better structures. Its poor when the best structured tournament locally is at Rileys snooker halls in Burnley.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?

Read about it in poker player magazine

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?

Great tournaments with a brilliant structure, cant really knock anything about them.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

Played in Dublin, Completely card dead for the day, the whole day was memorable, nothing specific

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?

Sport and Snooker

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?

Such a geek but love the Harry Potter Series and film would probably be Varsity Blues, The Hurricane or Butterfly Effect.

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

So tough to choose just 3... Nirvana Unplugged..... Savage Garden Greatest Hits and Blink 182 - The Mark, Tom and Travis Show

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

Good Luck to everyone in season 2 :D