Author Topic: Luky and Chip build a bankroll  (Read 77723 times)

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
Re: Luky and Chip build a bankroll
« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2009, 15:55:21 PM »
Well Neil dont get to worried about the DS stuff I guess the same thing happened to me, when you guys mention the DS I decided to give them a shot with $11 dollors in account then upto just under $1000 in no time.

I continued to play lots more of these probibly in the region of 30-40 with no results, plenty of heads up then final tables but just no seats. It got a bit dishearting. So changed things as someone mention in an ealryer post when you play to much of the same game/format you get a bit fancy, I can say that happend. so I had $350 in account I took out $250 and left $100 in to fight the DS again as I belive they are very profitable.

So decied to deposit some money on a few sites with some decent promo running and hit the cash tables after watching a nice video on card runners talking about low stakes cash! This video was all about playing too fancy against weak players. they dont understand fancy as somone mention earlyer and solid ABC poker agaist these guys can be very profitable minus the odd cold deck. So In 9days of back at the cash games playing at only 0.10-0.20 and trying to limit my usual stupid bluffs I amd $250 in profit by just playing solid and thats with a few cold decks. I did get a nice royal flush yesterday but got it and with a guy with only $4 behind sucked.

I guess what im say is you just have to mix it up, enjoy it. your live and online result have been good this years. say build on that and take it forward.
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2009, 10:12:17 AM »
I cant remember the last time I won a seat in these!!

I must have played about 30 now without. The ironic thing is I won a huge proportion of first rounds but just couldn"t kick on.

Stick with it pal, you have the game to murder these
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #242 on: December 13, 2009, 11:17:52 AM »

Further Blogs available in this series include :-

Luky and Chip bust a bankroll

Luky and Chip don't speak anymore

Luky and Chip, where it all went wrong

I was looking over this blog this morning and re-read our opening post.  When I wrote the quote above, it was firmly tongue in cheek, but it"s been two months since we really have updated the blog and scarely, some of the above has come true.

On a positive, the bankroll is very much still in the positive, however not as much as it has been.  So, we"ve not quite "busted a bankroll", but we have had a reasonable go at it over the past few months.   ;D

As for " not speaking anymore", well that"s partly true for both of us.  But this is not for poker reasons, although Neil was probably getting fed up of my bad beat stories and general whinging about the entire poker world being against me.  Work for both of us has been manic lately and this has had a huge impact on finding the time to play the volumes required to keep the ROI up to the level we had achieved.

But we tick it along, and soon it will be 2010.  We"ll be back refreshed and ready to kick on again and once more Luky and Chip will build that bankroll even further.

If we cash big between now and then, we"ll post on here and let you know about it.  That"s assuming the internet connection is okay from the Caribbean Island.   ;)

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: December 13, 2009, 11:47:25 AM »
Caribbean Island? ANOTHER holiday?? We really don"t talk enough  :-\

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2010, 18:40:12 PM »
Update?

The games should be juicy tomorrow with the $4 mirrion gnt.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2010, 19:01:11 PM »
The reason for no update is because we have hardly played any poker for the past 4 months.

I guess you could call it a self imposed poker break.   ;D