Author Topic: World Series Of Poker 2007  (Read 24402 times)

Rich

Re: World Series Of Poker 2007
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 22:54:25 PM »
That Binions Poker Classic looks awesome, I am tempted to fly over and play loads of them ! Will need to quit my job tho  ;D

Donkbox

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 17:01:04 PM »

I will be there from June 20th - 28th. I will definitely be playing one event and maybe two... depends on how I do in a 5 man STT, on Virgin, Wed evening - 1st & 2nd get $4k WSOP package!!

I will also be playing one or two events in the "Inaugural Binions Poker Classic".

Well the Team Rodent WSOP bankroll has just recieved a $4k boost, with 1st place in the Virgin STT challenge final!!   ;D ;D ;D

Ship it!!

Nice one. I"ll be out in Vegas from the 26th-6th and am playing the last $1500 on Saturday the 30th and the $150 at Binions on the 29th. Hopefully i"ll  make the Main Event too. I"ll play the $650 on stars on Sunday and the $370 150 seat gtd the week after, also playing the Gala fessie in B"mouth too, if i make a big cash there i"ll play more than one super satellite in Vegas.

I believe The Camel is organising some sort of blonde drinking session in Vegas
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 17:02:38 PM by Donkbox »

morlspin

• Silver Member
    • morlspin
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 21:15:18 PM »
Hi Guys,

Im flying out on the 1st July for the $1k NHLE rebuy event and some sats to the main event, will also be playing the $1500 bellagio series too and a few at binions

GL all who go and may we all come back winners!
APAT Northern Regional Champion 2008
APAT ECAOP Online Player of the Series 2012

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 21:42:13 PM »
Good luck to you all in Vegas. 

I hope we can coordinate some form of text updates when you are playing, so that APAT can update the forum and keep members aware of your progress.  

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 05:19:03 AM »
And Hellmuth makes it to number 11!!!!  Superb effort and Johnny Chan and Doyle Brunson presenting the bracelet to him

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 09:48:43 AM »
An incredible achievement.....

Lynch1

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 19:14:13 PM »
We should have an APAT meet up in vegas for anyone who will be there, end of june start of july maybe
going out from  27th to 4th july
let me know

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 21:56:20 PM »

We should have an APAT meet up in vegas for anyone who will be there, end of june start of july maybe
let me know

Maybe it should be the evening you get there... I fly home the next day!!  ;D
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 16:07:12 PM »

let me know

Happy Birthday Rio!!

;D
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 16:57:40 PM »

let me know

Happy Birthday Rio!!

;D

Why, thank you kind Sir.  8)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2007, 17:06:32 PM »
Many happy returns Alan.  

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 22:26:35 PM »
Will Hellmuth make it to number 12 tonite? it would really back up his claim to be the best no limit holdem player in the world if he does

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 10:23:17 AM »

Many happy returns Alan. 

A belated thankyou... while sitting in the departure lounge at Gatport Airwick.  ;D

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2007, 19:54:21 PM »
Hi Folks,

Good morning from a very warm Las Vegas, just after 10:30am and already over 100 deg F... Hot, Damn Hot!!!

It"s been a mixed bag so far, it started well with a little under $300 profit on the first night, playing $1/$2 NL cash at the Gold Coast.

This caused me to change my plans for day 2 and instead of playing the $200 PL at Binions, I decided to play the $330 NL deepstack at the Venetian. I"m not sure how many entries there were in this, the last time I remember looking at the info screen there were 438 but they were still taking alternates at that point in time. Well, I played for about 4 1/2 hours and was pretty happy with the way I played.
I then played in the cash game at GC again that night... This started well enough, upto $450 ($200 buy-in) at one point, before it all ended in tears when some guy calls my re-re-raise all-in, on an all rag flop, with AKo... and my QQ looses when a K hits the turn!  :-\ $200 down I decide enough is enough, although I"m sure I could of got it back if I"d persevered.

Day 3 and my first trip downtown, for the $100 NLHE at Binions... again, happy with the way I played I made it past over 3/4 of the 576 strong field, finishing somewhere between 110th and 120th. I spent the early evening checking out Freemont Street before heading home for an early night ahead of my main event the next day.

I"m not sure the early night (10:00pm) was a good idea, as day 4 started when I woke up at 5:00am and couldn"t get back off to sleep... And so on to the "main event", WSOP Event #38 $1500 NLHE. By the time they had stopped taking alternates there were 2778 runners... to cut a long story (13 1/2 hours) short - I cashed in 212th place, for $3602 ;D ;D Not bad for a freeroll - thanks Virgin Poker. The most memorable hand of the day came around 8:30pm... I"m in the cut-off and it"s folded to Matey on my right, who raises...I re-raise with KcKs, everyone else folds and Matey calls and then "checks dark"... the flop was Q high with two hearts (not the Q)... Matey immediately calls "All-In", and is then reminded that he had already checked dark. Well, I have to say I didn"t really know what to make of this! Was it intentional or had he just got excited at having flopped a monster?? I had Matey covered, about 3:2... if I call and win I have a big stack, if I lose I am in deep crap. What does he have? If he"s not bluffing (which I don"t think he is), then the best I can hope for is AQ or KQ, where I am a big favourite... if he has KhQh, I"m a little ahead... AhQh, then while I"m ahead he is actually favourite to win... QQ, 55 or 22 and I"m in big trouble! So I figure the best thing to now is check and hope for a K on the turn... well no King and Matey pushes, as expected... after a long, long think, I fold the KK face-up - to the amazement of the whole table - and Matey is kind enough to show his pocket 5"s... Phew!!!!

I"ve still not quite decided what the plan for today is, I"m tempted to play the rush and have go in the $1060 deepsatck at the Venetian, but I didn"t get to bed til 4:00am an dI"m not sure I"ve the stamina for another long session with a lot of money at stake... so I may go and have some fun in the $150 PLO hi/lo at Binions at 4:00pm... or I may just have a day off and play tourist, trouble with this choice is it"s so damned hot outside... Decisions, decisions...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 17:02:56 PM by RioRodent »

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2007, 20:13:24 PM »
Congratulations on your cash. You seem to be playing well. Top lay down with the KK