Author Topic: Claw75  (Read 2616 times)

Claw75

• Silver Member
Claw75
« on: July 23, 2009, 17:56:09 PM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?

Claw75 aka Claire MacGregor

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Born and raised in Sarf London/Surrey, now living in Ruislip, Middlesex

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

33 years old, have a beautiful 6 year old Daugher, Hannah.  Currently unemployed and skint having spent 14 years up to January this year working for the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, investigating complaints against Government departments and the NHS.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

Started playing in November/December 2005 when I decided to have a crack at online poker one rainy Sunday afternoon.  I googled "online poker" and Betfair was the first site that appeared. Deposited £10, lost it all playing limit cash, then discovered the £1 STTs.  I found the blonde poker forum in January 2006, and played my first live game a couple of months later having won an invitation via the forum to a poker masterclass with Dave Colclough, followed by a freeroll for the guests. Somehow managed to fluke my way to winning it!  Remember getting KK UTG in my very first hand, trembling like a leaf and massively over-raising - since that day I"ve never seen a table much their cards so quickly :D

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

My game and style has changed and evolved a lot over the past few years. At the moment I"d say I"m generally quite tight, but know when to change gears and adapt to suit the table dynamics.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?

don"t have one.

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?

I don"t play online much, but would have to say pokerstars, where I go by the name Clairep75

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

Well winning that first live game was a big achievement for me. Other than that, I got my biggest online win at the time by picking up £1,500 in a sky poker open shortly after the channel launched, and used it to pay for a trip to Vegas. I started playing live more regularly from the end of 2007, and over my first year notched up around £10,000 in tournament winnings, culminating in a 1st place finish in a £150 side-event at the Luton Christmas Cracker festival in 2008.  My biggest online win came a few months later, when I finished 2nd in the nightly $10 rebuy on poker stars, picking up just over $9k.

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

There"s nothing I dislike, per se, but I do avoid certain venues and only play the ones where I know there"s going to a good atmosphere.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?

through the blondepoker forum.

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?

I enjoy the APAT tournaments. The standard of play is akin to most other live games I"ve played - I find you get good and bad players at every level.  My only gripe is the payout structure, which I feel is far too top heavy, particularly given the no-deals rule (which I also don"t really like).

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

I"ve played a few. Nothing particularly memorable I can think of off the top of my head, but ask me again after August and hopefully I"ll be saying it was winning the WCOAP ;D

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?

spending time with my daughter, seeing friends, eating, drinking, smoking and being a couch potato.

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?

Read the Twilight books a few weeks ago and really enjoyed them.

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

Word Gets Around - Stereophonics
Hot Fuss - Killers
Rumours - Fleetwood Mac

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

Alright?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 18:08:45 PM by Claw75 »