Author Topic: 5kinEm  (Read 2689 times)

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
5kinEm
« on: October 04, 2007, 17:00:10 PM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?

Colin O"Prey AKA SkinEm or 5kinEm on BlueSq

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Belfast

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

I live and work in belfast in Queens University. I have a 5 year old son called Bradley. I enjoy cycling, walking and have recently taken up yoga.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

Started playing for pocket money at age of 13 with my friends, 3 card brag, 7 card stud, and other versions of the game. Quit at 18. Came out of retirement when I was introduced to Texas Holdem by late night poker and my brother, about 3 years ago and have been playing ever since. 50% MTT, 40% SnG, 10% cash. A few tournament victories under my belt in NLHE and Omaha, but nothing major. Started playing some small live tournies about a year ago, some success. Play the odd home game with friends.

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

It has developed and varies according to the table, but generally I like to play quality hands strongly, I guess thats TAG.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?

If I have to pick one it would be Daniel Negreanu as he is very creative, fun to watch and a generally all round nice guy.

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?

PKR - SkinEm

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

I won a NLHE $25 rebuy MTT on Paddy Power

Won my first ever Omaha MTT while reading how to play Omaha in Doyle Brunson"s Super System.

Came 3rd in my first ever live MTT rebuy tourney

Won a freeroll satellite on Betfair to a live event where I came 4th

Won the first Dundalk 100 NLHE tourney, and came 4th in the third event.

Final Tabled the APAT Irish Championship in 2008 and came 7th

Member of the victorious Irish team in the 2008 APAT European Team Championship - this was important as it changed my parents previously disapproving attitude to poker.

Invited to captain the newly formed Northern Ireland team in the APAT European Team Championship 2009.

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

I dislike rudeness, and excessive drinking at the table. There should be clear guidelines that everyone can be aware of regarding bad behaviour at the table.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?

My Brother, he is responsible for a lot of my bad habits

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?

The standard of play varies but is generally very good. The structure is superb for the buy-in. APAT tournaments are great social events as well as fiercely fought competitions.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

You always remember your bad beats. I got knocked out of the 2008 Dublin event with QQ v 88. With one card to come Tikay said "A 6 would make a straight" River card was a 6 and I was down and out.

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?

Family, personal growth, sport etc.

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?

the Hobbit, American Beauty

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

1. Rolling Stones - Love you live
2. The Who - Quadrophenia
3. Phish - Junta

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

Please leave your ego at home - this is a general statement and does not mean APAT members have over-inflated egos.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 15:52:56 PM by coprey »