Author Topic: End Of Season 3 Round Up  (Read 4413 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
End Of Season 3 Round Up
« on: November 02, 2009, 13:17:43 PM »
Well, as Boyz 2 Men sang so elequently,

"Although we"ve come to the end of the road,
Still I can"t let you go"

Here"s my round up of Season 3 in the APAT National Online League - Southern Division.

Grand Final

Firstly, congratulations to Cardiff, South London and Bristol who will be representing the Southern Division in the grand final on Sunday 15th November.  I"m sure everyone will be supporting you guys.  It"s great that in Darren Shallis, Mike Bodman and Suzanne Hayward, all three teams will be represented by their club captain, all of whom have individually performed well this season along with managing their clubs.

Individual Perfomances

Top of the individual scoring table was Alan "scjn01" Mower with a superb 43 points. Alan represents Luton Poker Club and has performed incredible well all season.  What is even more amazing is that he amassed this score without actually winning one of the matchdays.  His record of played 18, with 8 final table appearances though is a truly incredible and consistent performance.

Only one other player can match Alan"s record of 8 final tables from 18 played, and that is someone we will see in Grand Final, South London club Captain Mike "Honeycroft" Bodman.

Finishing in 3rd place in the individual scoring table with 40 points was the only player to win more than one of the matchdays.  Dan "ScandiCrusher" Owston started the season in style by winning Matchday 1, then repeated that again in Matchday 12, before rounding off the season with a win in Matchday 20.  Those results along with two other final table finishes sees Dan in the Cardiff team for the Grand Final.

Possibly the unluckiest player in the league is South London"d Mark "MarkyPB" Brady.  Mark finished the season with 17 points and tied with team mate Neil "Rabsie67" Innes.  To decide who took the final spot in the South London team for the grand final, it went to a final table countback, and although Mark had won Matchday 5, Neil was ahead 3:2.  Mark"s performances and support for South London was excellent for the season, and I"m sure he will be supporting the guys in the final.

It"s All About The Team

Well, there were discussion prior to the season that the league would be all about volume of players, and although this was a factor in the results, the quality of play was the significant factor.  A special mention must go to Dave Potter and his Plymouth club who finished in 4th place and were in contention for a Grand Final place up until Matchday 19.  They average between 5-6 players per matchday, yet managed to win 4 of the matchdays and made 27 final table appearances between them.  A great effort.

Every one of the teams in the division picked up team points, making it the most competitive division in APAT.  Even Swansea and Thanet, who averaged between 1-2 players each Matchday, both had a 1st and 2nd place finish during the season.

Stat Attack

We ended up with 259 players registered across the ten clubs.  210 of those played a matchday at some point during the season and in total we had 1250 players averaging over 60 per matchday.

Thanks to everyone for supporting the league this season and good luck to our guys in the grand final.

Season 4 will see the league continue in a similar format, with a slight twist.  Can"t wait for it to start.

Leigh

Brady009

Re: End Of Season 3 Round Up
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 18:27:34 PM »
If Carlsberg did the unluckiest player in the league.......................

C"est la vie!

I"m glad Den talked me into to signing up I"ve really enjoyed it, particularly as it hasn"t cost me a penny and I"ve still got a few bob to take into season 4. There"s been a few Sundays when I haven"t really been up for it but have always played just to not let the side down, although one or two of my performances I did exactly that.

I just want to wish my fellow team mates all the very best for the final as well as those from the other Southern Division who I"ve enjoyed a bit of banter with over the course of the season. Being a poker novice I even appreciated the odd lesson!

Regards to all,

Marky

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 22:31:00 PM »
ditto have enjoyed the league and originally only joined to support drowslasher as team captain and to test myself against better players to gain some experience playing at a higher standard

one thing that became immediatly apparent was the friendliness and good natured banter every week ,coupled with the forum posts made it a totally enjoyable experience

not only that some good has come of it as anytime i cashed half went to charity

only thing that bugs me still is that bluesq poker doesnt allow chat in all in situations but hey cant have everything

Denis67

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 00:18:43 AM »
Unlucky Mark, you did far better than most in the end and lot"s of positives to take from that.  Like you I would like to wish all the players from South London all the very best, they must be the best after coming through all those rounds.  I really think they (we) have every chance in the final.  Thanks to Mike (honeycroft, capitano) and all the South London players for a great effort.  Hope to meet some of you in Luton as I have managed to get a seat.  Good luck in the final, the way you have been playing you won"t even need it.....        
Baldrick, we're in a very sticky situation, we're in the stickiest situation since stickty the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun