Author Topic: UKchamp  (Read 2535 times)

UKChamp

• Silver Member
  • Yesterdays hero
UKchamp
« on: October 14, 2007, 21:07:34 PM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?
Max Ward

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)
Cant get my pic in here. See bottom of page!

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?
Born in Stockport. Now living in Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire.

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?
I am 28. Have been married for 3 years (together 11). I work in corporate banking, but formally I was an ACCA qualified accountant.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?
Like many people I found the game about 3 years ago.  Started playing online and slowly progressed to playing more live events and game variants. 

I now play quite a lot of pot limit Omaha, 7Card Stud (Hi only) and NLH heads up. I would recommend trying new variants to any player who has yet to do so. PLO has helped my understanding of the lack of value in marginal holdings. Stud is great for information and pot odds and HU games are a great lesson in reading and changing game faces.

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?
Like most, I started playing a very solid game, tight aggressive.  But now I am much more of an action player, especially in MTT.

I guess my big strength is that I have gears and can play the game I need to adopt to win, dependant on the opponent and the circumstance.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?
Daniel Negreanu is always great entertainment. I like Gus' game too. Dario Minieri also.  Nothing too original I'm afraid.

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?
I play Full Tilt, Stars, Ladbrokes, Will Hill and BSQ. My preference changes all the time. Each site has its own strength.  Though generally, I do find the US sites a lot tougher.

I am not giving out my usernames! I have a couple on most sites and besides from the ones in the public domain I am not keen to share. Sorry.

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?
I won the APAT UK event in Season 1. Pretty crazy as it was my first live event.

I play mainly cash so I guess moving up from 0.05/0.1 to 2/4 and occasioanlly 3/6 or 5/10 (but pretty rare).

I have placed well in a number of six figure online events. But won nothing beyond a few thousand at a time, to date anyway.

The most important thing is that I enjoy it and that my game keeps getting better. When I look back to Dec "06 and my APAT win, I cant believe how much my game has improved, hopefully it continues!

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?
I don't like ten handed tables. In an online event I can cope but live, its just tooooooo slow.

Attitude is a big difference. In a live arena the US tendency to shriek and jump about is not one I endorse. People pay good money to play and nobody should ever be lacking in humility and respect, in my opinion.

Aside from that all my concerns are based around structures. Nothing exciting. Maybe some cheerleaders would be good!!

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?
Read about it in Poker Player Magazine and the rest is history

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?
A unique platform, not previously available. No doubt the guys responsible are pioneers. We should all be very thankful.

The next challenge is keeping up with demand!!

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

Don't think I need to say!

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?
Football (Spurs fan), family and friends. Although not necessarily in that order, especially if the wife reads this!

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thomson.

HST was a true genius, creating many pieces both entertaining and pioneering.  He was THE great writer of the past 40 years.

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?
Too hard. Too many albums to choose from. My tastes are pretty eclectic.

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

I raise, you fold!

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 10:30:17 AM by UKChamp »